Friday, August 7, 2020

Can your dreams predict a person's death ?

Posted on Thursday, 5 December, 2019 | Comment icon 11 comments

Do our dreams warn us about future events ? Image Credit: Louis Janmot
A 25-year study has looked into the correlation between precognitive death dreams and a person actually dying.
While there has never been any conclusive evidence to suggest that our dreams are capable of predicting future events, there are some who remain adamant that the idea does have merit.

One notable case, which occurred back in 1975, involved a woman who awoke from a terrible nightmare in which she had seen herself die while trying to rescue her daughter from a train track.

A mere two weeks later, both were killed by a train under the exact same circumstances.

But could this have just been a coincidence or was there more to it than that ?

Enter Dr. Andrew Paquette - a dream researcher who, skeptical of such claims, has conducted his own extensive study by recording his own dreams over a period of 25 years in an effort to prove that precognitive dreams are simply a case of random chance and selective memory.

In 2015 he carried out an analysis of his dream records by first looking for any dreams that related to the deaths of people he knew but that he had experienced before that person's actual death.
He ended up with twelve names, which he then cross-referenced against all his dreams.

His findings indicated that for those twelve people, his dreams about their deaths had been experienced much closer to their time of death than his dreams that were not about their deaths.

While this isn't that significant on its own (especially given that there was often a gap of up to six years between such dreams and the person's death), in one particular case he discovered that he had dreamed about a person's death on the very same day that they had actually died.

On that morning he had even awoken and told his wife that he was certain that the person was dead.

Could this have just been a coincidence or did he really foresee the death in his dream ?

As things stand, it's impossible to know for sure.

Source: Psychology Today | Comments (11)

Tags: Dreams, Death

Comment icon #2 Posted by AllPossible on 6 December, 2019, 0:09
My dreams aren't working
Comment icon #3 Posted by docyabut2 on 6 December, 2019, 0:43
 No dreams are just dreams  but  of what one`s emotions ;
Comment icon #4 Posted by Free99 on 6 December, 2019, 6:47
My mother passed away this past Saturday 11/30/19. A few days before her death I awoke to the voice of my father who died in 1986 that said one word to me. Suffering!!! My mother was bed ridden a few weeks before her death.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Gary Meadows on 6 December, 2019, 15:04
Simple answer? No.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Calibeliever on 6 December, 2019, 16:12
Sorry for your loss. I hope you were comforted by your father's visit.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 6 December, 2019, 18:20
I usually don't have dreams before someone dies, rather I sometimes get a gut feeling. My uncle passed away before Thanksgiving and the day he died, I woke up that morning with a feeling of something wrong that told me I need to call him. Well when I did his girlfriend he was living with answered and told my family the news.
Comment icon #8 Posted by joc on 7 December, 2019, 11:09
It's like buying a particular car.  Suddenly, wow...they are everywhere...you had no idea how popular that...car...was, because you never noticed them before...suddenly, you notice! We don't realize how often we think a thought.  We don't realize because our conscious memory only goes so far...and not very far at that.  So... if a particular thought...or in this case, dream  (all dreams are sparked by thought) occurs just prior to the actual death of someone...wow, it must be psychic...not really, it's a coincidence of frequency of thought, nothing more.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Jon the frog on 8 December, 2019, 4:21
The subconscious probably detect a disease before it hit, Therefore, you can dream of it because your subconscious is telling you that this person is sick.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Free99 on 11 December, 2019, 5:19
Thank you so much. It got me out of bed confused and half asleep. My mom was the first person that came to mind when I put two and two together.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Debra F. II on 16 December, 2019, 4:28
It hasn't happened lately, haven't had to attend funerals lately but generally since I was very young, if I had a dream and if there was a baby in it, we'd generally have a death in our immediate family, within 2 weeks to one day. And there is a distinct odor that I smell that also gives me a heads up on an upcoming death of someone I know friends and family.

Ingested beetle escapes out of frog's posterior
8-6-2020
A bizarre experiment has demonstrated how one aquatic beetle can survive being swallowed up by a frog.
Neuralink chip to offer 'superhuman hearing'
8-6-2020
Elon Musk's potentially revolutionary brain-computer interface chip is nothing if not ambitious.
Donald Trump hints at UFO 'total transparency'
8-5-2020
The US President was quizzed again about the subject of UFOs during a recent interview on Fox Business.
First evidence of cancer found in dinosaur bone
8-5-2020
Palaeontologists have revealed for the first time that even the dinosaurs suffered from cancer.
Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball