Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Navy officer saw 'two-mile-wide UFO' over base

Posted on Thursday, 5 December, 2019 | Comment icon 42 comments

What did Adams and his fellow pilots see that day ? Image Credit: PD - tombud / Pixabay
Lee Adams, who once served aboard the USS Nimitz, recalls witnessing a huge object over a base in Virginia.
The former US Navy officer, who served aboard the vessel from 2012-2015, was not present during the famous 'Tic-Tac' UFO incident but does have a fascinating UFO story of his own to tell.

Speaking during an interview with Mike and Maurice's Mind Escape podcast, Adams recalled encountering a mysterious object while stationed at Virginia Beach.

"I look up and it's like a giant trash bag floating over the base," he said. "If you could imagine a trash bag that's two miles in diameter floating, translucent."

"It was doing that - I could see parts of it but at the same time parts of it were gone."
"It was shimmering in the sky, two miles in diameter."

Describing the anomalous object as a "sky jellyfish", Adams noted that he and his fellow pilots had also witnessed another aircraft that had appeared over the base just moments before.

"I think that the government knows about it - why would it be right next to a military base?" he said. "The military would know - there's something there, it landed outside the base behind the trees."

"You can't disprove it, credible people have seen that."

Comments (42)

Tags: UFO, Lee Adams

Comment icon #33 Posted by stereologist on 7 December, 2019, 14:38
I understand that but at some point it must reach escape velocity at the position at which the object is located. My point is that there is virtually no difference in the force of gravity and getting away from the Earth at 100,000 feet and on the surface. Gravity at the ISS is roughly 90% of what we experience at the surface. The difference in fuel at the altitude mentioned is negligible. The difference in gravity is negligible. There has been no gain in horizontal speed which is needed to get into orbit. Therefore, I'm guessing that the difference in fuel would be negligible.
Comment icon #34 Posted by Jon the frog on 10 December, 2019, 14:09
Our old f-18 hornet are doing this all the time when doing dogfight training here...before catching fire and destroying some pines.
Comment icon #35 Posted by ChrLzs on 11 December, 2019, 23:18
BTW, Given the large number of horizontal lines in that image, and the fact that it has the hallmarks of being over-processed, I'd be careful of making assumptions about the reality of those lines - they look like artefacts (from posterisation / lack of color depth / over sharpening / contrast enhancement).  Do you have the *original* image?
Comment icon #36 Posted by joc on 12 December, 2019, 3:12
That is an enhanced image.  I cropped it and enhanced the color but...I took the photo.  It's real!  Like I said...I think it was skywriters, haven't seen any in a while but it used to be fairly common around Dallas. On another note however...an interesting anecdote from earlier today! Okay...so...I have known this guy for several years...on a professional basis...so, I don't really 'know' him...but he is a real nice guy and down to earth and all that.... but...today...we were talking on a job site and he told me about something that 'changed his life forever'...it happened when he was 11.  He... [More]
Comment icon #37 Posted by joc on 12 December, 2019, 22:18
Thoughts?
Comment icon #38 Posted by joc on 12 December, 2019, 22:29
Speculation: They have always been here? I have been pretty adamant about other civilizations in the universe not being able to traverse other star systems. Suppose they can. Suppse they did. Suppose they exterminated the dinosaurs on Earth. Suppose they populated the Earth with beings of their own kind. Suppose we are them and they are our ancient ancestors and everything for the last 6000 years has been an attempt to bring us back into their fold.  From encounters with them over millinia, the religions of God's developed?  A lot of speculating I know. Suppose now it has all come full circle ... [More]
Comment icon #39 Posted by ChrLzs on 13 December, 2019, 2:05
Well, I'm ready to talk to my parents.. so .... where's the monolith? (from https://2001.fandom.com/wiki/Africus_Monolith )
Comment icon #40 Posted by joc on 13 December, 2019, 2:24
One of the problems that I have had with 'star travel' is the distance between stars.  So...I have been reading alot about Einsteins theories.  i.e.  the warping of space and time. So if a large mass creates a curvature of space...what about the Galaxies themselves.  Can we think of a Galaxy as a Monster Mass?  Wouldn't the galaxy itself warp space in a phenomenal way?   And if a Black hole warps space as well, which I'm sure it must...how can we know how deep that warping goes?  I'm starting to consider the possibility of Interstellar travel via the warping of space.  Enter worm holes?
Comment icon #41 Posted by ChrLzs on 13 December, 2019, 4:48
Essentially, no.  Galaxies are much too widespread - you need a highly concentrated area aka black hole.  If you serach on gravitational lensing, you'll see some of the effects that galaxies can cause, but it's a gentle bending... That doesn't mean there can't be a wormhole, it just means that it's a unlikely a galaxy would ever 'cause' one, except right at it's heart, where it's well known there are black holes.. The other problem with the whole wormhole thing is, how do you control what place and time you go to?  How do you get 'back'?  You'd only have to miss by ten minutes, and the earth w... [More]
Comment icon #42 Posted by joc on 13 December, 2019, 14:30
Maybe we are.... That's the contention at least of many ufo-ers...of which, I am not.  Just to be clear.  But I am attempting to have a clearer understanding of how the physics of all that might work. So, another thought... As I understand it, blackholes are at the center of a galaxy...and  on the other side of those black holes are white holes...which would be what?  The birth of a new galaxy?   There are trillions of galaxies presumably.  Then there are trillions of black holes.  Then there would be trillions of white holes.  Can you tell me what you think of white holes?

Is there a scientific explanation for deja vu ?
4-1-2020
Most of us will have experienced deja vu at some point in our lives, but what exactly causes this sensation ?
Astronaut pee could help to build Moon base
3-31-2020
The urine of the first lunar settlers could be used as a construction material to help build new structures.
Cops bust man who was 'teaching dog to drive'
3-31-2020
No, teaching your dog how to drive a car is not an appropriate use of your time during self-isolation.
Turkey Mountain 'Bigfoot' caught on camera
3-31-2020
Visitors to the Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area have been reporting sightings of a strange creature.
In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan