Sunday, August 9, 2020

Bone in sock mystery set to remain unexplained

Posted on Saturday, 28 December, 2019 | Comment icon 16 comments

We may never find out who placed the bone in the sock and why. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Alex McGregor
An extensive investigation has failed to solve the mystery of how a human bone ended up in a clothes shop sock.
Just over one year ago a few days before Christmas, police officers were called to investigate a rather grisly discovery - a human finger bone that had somehow ended up inside a sock being sold at the Colchester branch of UK fashion retailer Primark.

While an initial investigation revealed that the bone did not appear to have come from someone who had been killed (or dismembered) recently, it remained unclear exactly how it had got there.

Now, twelve months later, it seems as though the search for answers has run into a dead end and it is quite possible that the enigma of the bone may never be solved.
Essex Police has stated that it has investigated the matter as far as was "reasonably and proportionately possible" and that the bone has not been linked to any crime.

Unless further information comes to light, the origin of the bone is likely to remain a total mystery.

"In January 2019 we carried out an investigation at the factory where these socks were made, and found no evidence to suggest any incident had occurred there," said a Primark spokesman.

"It is highly probable that the object was placed in the socks by an individual for unknown reasons."

Primark has been the subject of isolated incidents in the past, which have subsequently been found to have been hoaxes. Following our own and the police investigation, we consider the matter closed."

Source: Independent | Comments (16)

Tags: Primark, Bone

Comment icon #7 Posted by Manwon Lender on 29 December, 2019, 0:12
I suspect there is more to this than is being stated. It's a bone but no where in the link does state they did a DNA test. It could be from a missing person, who's  DNA is on file. It just seems strange to me
Comment icon #8 Posted by Hankenhunter on 29 December, 2019, 0:52
Yep, it's kinda like the rash of amputated feet in running shoes that happened on the west coast beaches of B.C. It could have been someone's lucky charm for all we know. People have been known to carry some really strange things around.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Manwon Lender on 29 December, 2019, 1:00
Yes they do especially Serial Killers,  they not only take trophies sometimes they also leave them to show that there was a crime somewhere. Peace
Comment icon #10 Posted by Hankenhunter on 29 December, 2019, 1:09
So called normal people do it too. I knew a trapper from Manitoba who lost his big toe to frost bite. Well, you must've heard of lucky rabbits foot?  Yep, its mounted and attatched to his key chain. He calls it lucky because something more important didn't freeze and fall off. In bars across Canada's northern most reaches, many bars have frost bitten toes in alcohol to drop into your whiskey glass for the Northern Challenge. Doesn't count if you don't swish the little piggy around your mouth a few times.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Manwon Lender on 29 December, 2019, 1:22
Dude it must be a Canadian thing Although, when I killed my first Deer my father made me take a bite out of its heart when we field dressed it.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Hankenhunter on 29 December, 2019, 1:28
Nope, Russia does it too. I almost partook once, but just before I took the plunge I saw the shiny black toenail. The gags set in and I couldn't do it. My five other brothers on the other hand, had no problem. But then, they're all drinkers and they closed their eyes for the deed.
Comment icon #13 Posted by GlitterRose on 29 December, 2019, 2:09
Wow...that guy sure can manage to see a silver lining.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Manwon Lender on 29 December, 2019, 2:15
That would have also happened to me, I mean I almost puked when I bit into the raw deer heart, he'll I couldn't even swallow it. peace
Comment icon #15 Posted by Manwon Lender on 29 December, 2019, 2:18
Yes he certainly can, that's one of things I like about his posts. No nonsense or any other crap just an honest opinion, it's a shame more people on this forum are not like that.
Comment icon #16 Posted by dragon1440 on 29 December, 2019, 7:53
I want to know more about these other hoaxs. Sounds like the company is the target of a protest group that planted the finger while at store to make it seem that factory conditions are bad. They might be but the other hoaxs thing has me wondering

Woman digs 35ft tunnel to rescue son from jail
8-8-2020
A mother in Ukraine attempted to break her son out of jail by single-handedly digging an escape tunnel.
Prehistoric 'hell ant' found trapped in amber
8-8-2020
An ancient species of ant has been found frozen in time while right in the middle of devouring another insect.
'Knife-wielding baboons' seen at safari park
8-7-2020
Baboons at Knowsley Safari Park in Merseyside have reportedly taken to wielding knives and sharp tools.
What will happen at the end of the universe ?
8-7-2020
The Big Bang may have brought the universe into existence, but will a similar event bring about its demise?
Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball