Thursday, April 2, 2020

'Project Blue Book' stars talk real-life UFOs

Posted on Friday, 17 January, 2020 | Comment icon 14 comments

Have the actors's beliefs been influenced by the show ? Image Credit: YouTube / Good Morning America
During a recent TV interview, Aiden Gillen and Neal McDonough expressed their own thoughts on UFOs.
The popular science-fiction series, which is airing now on 'History' (formerly 'The History Channel'), is the latest attempt to combine a TV drama with real-life events relating to the UFO phenomenon.

The actual Project Blue Book was an in-depth study of unidentified flying objects carried out by the US Air Force in the 1950s and 1960s. Its goal was to determine whether or not UFOs were a threat to the United States while also scientifically analyzing all known data about the phenomenon.

Gillen (Petyr Baelish in Game of Thrones) plays J. Allen Hynek - the astronomer and UFO researcher who originated the 'Close Encounter' UFO classification system and a scientific advisor to three US Air Force UFO studies including Project Blue Book.

McDonough, meanwhile, plays General James Harding - a high ranking government official based on real-life USAF general William Garland who was also involved in the project.

But what do the cast members of the show actually think about the possibility of alien visitation ?

"The idea of us not being the only life forms in the universe is not outrageous", Gillen said during a recent interview on Good Morning America.
"I'd like to think that at some point in our future we'd be able to make contact and probably will."

McDonough shared similar views.

"It's interesting," he said. "Being a devote Catholic, who knows what else is out there - for us to think that it's just us... I'm not so sure. But I certainly don't look at the night sky the same way any more."

"I go outside with my five kids and my wife and I look at the sky and I think... 'hmm, I wonder if...'"

You can check out the full interview below.

Season 2 of Project Blue Book is set to premiere on January 21st.

Source: YouTube | Comments (14)

Tags: Project Blue Book, UFO

Comment icon #5 Posted by Jujo-jo on 9 February, 2020, 0:46
Yes me too and I wish he would have left a note of a definite yes or a definite no and I'm beginning to wonder if they have put a twist on his notes...  At this point I'm a believer of both tho, that a lot of what we've seen have be craft of our own government as well as unexplained crafts too, the universe is way to vast for us to be the ONLY ones. The house I grew up in, is on one of the state's air force flight paths so it would make sense of some of the things I / we've seen.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Candor on 9 February, 2020, 0:55
I do not have a source/link but supposedly Dr. Hynec was a skeptic when he started working for the government but became a believer once exposed to the evidences.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Jujo-jo on 9 February, 2020, 1:09
Yes I understand the to be true, also. I wonder if his air force partner, Captain Michael Quinn is still alive or if he left any secret notes behind somewhere. lol
Comment icon #8 Posted by Candor on 9 February, 2020, 1:13
Ask the producer of the show...
Comment icon #9 Posted by Dejarma on 9 February, 2020, 1:14
yeah exactly... it sells the show but they should say based on real claims
Comment icon #10 Posted by Candor on 9 February, 2020, 1:21
The events in the show are exaggerated to keep it entertaining.  As Richard D. Hall says: Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see...
Comment icon #11 Posted by Dejarma on 9 February, 2020, 1:52
i do not need the likes of Richard D. Hall to state the bleeding obvious= though i'd suggest others do
Comment icon #12 Posted by bruce fiction on 10 February, 2020, 1:11
I definitely can't wait for season 2
Comment icon #13 Posted by Candor on 10 February, 2020, 2:29
It already started mate, 2 weeks ago
Comment icon #14 Posted by bruce fiction on 10 February, 2020, 2:55
Thanks for the heads up I'll check it out

Robbie Williams: a lifetime of paranormal activity
4-1-2020
The British chart-topper has had a long history of experiences with UFOs and paranormal phenomena.
What are the origins of April Fools' Day ?
4-1-2020
We celebrate it each year by pulling pranks on one another, but nobody is quite sure how it all started.
Is there a scientific explanation for deja vu ?
4-1-2020
Most of us will have experienced deja vu at some point in our lives, but what exactly causes this sensation ?
Astronaut pee could help to build Moon base
3-31-2020
The urine of the first lunar settlers could be used as a construction material to help build new structures.
In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan