Monday, June 1, 2020

Store CCTV captures 'paranormal activity'

Posted on Tuesday, 28 January, 2020 | Comment icon 28 comments

The store has been plagued by paranormal phenomena. Image Credit: YouTube / barnsley antiques centre
A number of strange occurrences in an allegedly haunted antiques shop have been caught on CCTV camera.
Formerly a 19th-Century funeral parlour, Barnsley Antiques Center in South Yorkshire, England has often been dubbed 'Britain's most haunted shop' due to its eerie atmosphere and reputation as a hotbed of paranormal activity.

"The number of weird incidents that have happened here over the years is absolutely bizarre," said owner Daniel Parker who opened the store in 2014. "I'm naturally skeptical about paranormal activity and all that but seeing the things I've seen has forced me to think twice."

"I'll just be stood at the till and things will start dropping off the shelves, which would be fine if it happened a few times but it's all the time. People who know about this kind of thing think there are ghosts, spirits and all sorts in the shop - it's all very strange."
Sure enough, the store's official YouTube channel contains dozens of CCTV clips showing items mysteriously falling off shelves seemingly without intervention.

One of the earliest incidents involved a glass cabinet literally exploding for no apparent reason.

"The [electrician] rang me up and said there was smashed glass all over the floor," said Parker. "I couldn't explain how it had got there so I went in and had a look at the CCTV, that's when I saw the cabinet explode."

"It's the strangest thing I have ever seen, what could possibly have happened ?"

Source: AOL News | Comments (28)

Tags: Ghost, Haunting, Antiques

Comment icon #19 Posted by stereologist on 5 February, 2020, 21:56
I always think outside of the box. I'm not stuck in the dismal failure of woo as some are. My papameter still holds papameter: 0% paranormal 100% advertising gimmick As† is clear you did not address being fooled previously by an advertising gimmick.
Comment icon #20 Posted by papageorge1 on 5 February, 2020, 22:33
??? What case is that? And anyway the Papameter knows hoaxes are†a possibility. Do you think the Papameter could possibly be that stupid to not know that? It estimates likelihood of all the possibilities!
Comment icon #21 Posted by stereologist on 5 February, 2020, 22:49
Papameter:† Fooled by advertising gimmick at least twice.† Here is one result. †
Comment icon #22 Posted by papageorge1 on 5 February, 2020, 23:27
How do you think that made any sense without a specific case? An even a gimmick possibility was covered by the Papameter.† †
Comment icon #23 Posted by stereologist on 5 February, 2020, 23:46
Here is another case of being fooled by an advertising gimmick. Papageorge1's papameter goes for the advertising gimmick. Like I stated, two failures despite the statement above and here it is: "Not once do I recall one proven to be an advertising gimmick." It happens. You get fooled when you are stuck in the woo box with the false belief of thinking outside the box.
Comment icon #24 Posted by papageorge1 on 6 February, 2020, 0:05
Stereo, your posts are making less sense than usual today. Is there a reason? It probably comes across as snide criticism but I am serious. You are now on to case two and you still havenít shown case one. Iíve debated with you a hundred times before but you made more sense than this. †
Comment icon #25 Posted by stereologist on 6 February, 2020, 22:32
I pointed out two cases of advertising gimmick in which you claimed it was paranormal. You tried to suggest you've never fallen for an advertising gimmick and I showed that was wrong in two cases. Please try to keep up. It's okay to be wrong. Just admit that you fell for two advertising gimmicks. It has probably happened more often but two mistakes is enough.
Comment icon #26 Posted by papageorge1 on 6 February, 2020, 22:56
Stereo??? To start with,†where have you showed me a single†advertising gimmick I fell for?† And anyway I would never regard the possibility of an advertising gimmick impossible in certain cases.
Comment icon #27 Posted by stereologist on 7 February, 2020, 2:07
You did, at least twice, and that's ok. I showed that broken papameter of yours where in one case it wet to more likely to be paranormal as it was revealed that it was an advertising gimmick. just showing that your claim was wrong. Here it is " Not once do I recall one proven to be an advertising gimmick. "
Comment icon #28 Posted by papageorge1 on 7 February, 2020, 2:15
I give up. You are definitely not able to come up with a specific example. Carry on......†

'Leprechaun whisperer' interviewed on live TV
6-1-2020
A man who claims to be Ireland's last living leprechaun whisperer has spoken out about the impact of the virus.
How would mankind handle an alien invasion ?
6-1-2020
There are distinct similarities between the coronavirus pandemic and a potential extraterrestrial threat.
1,000-year-old Viking boat discovered on island
5-31-2020
Officials have announced that the vessel was found at a burial site on the Norwegian island of Edoya.
Killer asteroid struck at 'worst possible angle'
5-31-2020
The destructiveness of the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs wasn't just down to its large size.
Orb of light in room
5-9-2020 | USA/Texas/Waco

Not sleeping alone
5-9-2020 | Los Angeles

Glowing red eyes
5-9-2020 | Fields, Louisiana

Two creature sightings
5-1-2020 | Augusta and Louisana

My haunted home
5-1-2020 | Rainham, Essex, UK

In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter