Friday, September 25, 2020
  Bizarre

Woman goes blind after tattooing eyeballs black

Posted on Saturday, 29 February, 2020 | Comment icon 57 comments

The striking look came at quite a cost. Image Credit: Instagram / anoxi_cime
A 25-year-old Polish model lost most of her eyesight after having a tattoo artist dye the whites of her eyes black.
Aleksandra Sadowska had been hoping to imitate the look of rap artist Popek, who had also undergone the same transformation, by having her eyeballs tattooed with black ink.

After having gone through with the excruciating procedure however she started to experience severe pains and ended up going blind in one eye and partially blind in the other.

It soon became clear that the tattoo artist, who had initially dismissed her symptoms as 'normal', had managed to use the wrong type of ink, leaving Sadowska with permanent eye damage.
"I'm legally blind, that doesn't mean I can't see completely," she said.

"My right eye is quite blind. The left sees partially - has a defect of -10 diopters, cataracts, damaged cornea and nerve which causes narrowed field of view."

The tattoo artist, who is known as Piotr A, now faces up to three years in prison.

"There is clear evidence that the tattoo artist did not know how to perform such a delicate procedure," said Sadowska's lawyer. "And yet he decided to perform it which led to this tragedy."

Source: 7news.com.au | Comments (57)

Tags: Eyes, Tattoo

Comment icon #48 Posted by tmcom on 4 March, 2020, 13:13
Our body's regenerate completely every 6 years, so she may dodge a bullet, but look like satans sister for a while. Yeah, young and stupid.
Comment icon #49 Posted by Gilbert Syndrome on 5 March, 2020, 14:18
Why should it be illegal? There are risk factors in doing lots of things, should they all be illegal? If a person wants to take that risk then it's up to them, not us.
Comment icon #50 Posted by Gilbert Syndrome on 5 March, 2020, 14:22
I read it fine, mate. You said you didn't care, but you seem to be having a little whinge about people who choose to do it at the same time. Personally, I think you're all acting like a gang of handbags. If someone wants to physically pluck their eyeball out of their noggin, stick a wig on it and take it ball room dancing then it's up to them, innit.
Comment icon #51 Posted by Gilbert Syndrome on 5 March, 2020, 14:25
And I think Rick and Morty is for hipsters with neckbeards, but variety is the spice of life and I don't spend too much time getting bent out shape about these things. Chin up, mate.
Comment icon #52 Posted by Gilbert Syndrome on 5 March, 2020, 14:28
Plenty of tattooists do this procedure, I personally know of a few who have done it. I don't quite know where you're getting this info, but it's really not correct. You'd be surprised how many people have been getting it done. Why? Beats me. Ain't my thing, but I don't really give a toss about it either way.
Comment icon #53 Posted by freetoroam on 5 March, 2020, 17:47
To the bold, things with risk factors have safety guidelines and should only be performed by fully trained people. The reason why it should be illegal is for the reason it has been made illegal here   People can be very naive and stupid, like this woman was, she put her trust in someone who told her he could do it. He was not in a position to perform this as he clearly did not know what he was doing.. Not even an orphthalmologist would tattoo someones eyeballs,  If the professionals are saying do not do it, then it should be illegal so the tattooist who are willing to risk someones eye sight f... [More]
Comment icon #54 Posted by Myles on 5 March, 2020, 18:23
Kind of in a gray area for me.  People do stuff that harms them and medical professionals warn against doing all the time.  Smoking, drinking, eating unhealthy food, lifting over a certain limit.   I don't know if they should be illegal though.    I'm not a tattoo guy.   Really have never seen many that were so impressive I think they are cool.    I don't hold it against someone for doing it except for when it is on their face.   I just think that is dumb and you are limiting your opportunities in life.   It shouldn't matter, but it does.   Tattooing the eyes just seems like such a stupid idea... [More]
Comment icon #55 Posted by freetoroam on 5 March, 2020, 18:30
People may buy cigarettes,  drink and unhealthy foods, but only they put it in your own mouth. The products will have warning signs and / or ingredients. No one is putting these products into the buyers mouths,  unlike the  tattooist who is injecting ink into someones eyeball and the end result will be down to the tattooist.
Comment icon #56 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 7 March, 2020, 18:28
Of all the places to get a tattoo why even think of putting a tattoo on your eyeballs? That is just as dumb as wanting to get one on your genitals.
Comment icon #57 Posted by TashaMarie on 7 March, 2020, 21:59
OMG I need this tattoo for when I'm waiting for my bus. Would it be to much to add "Or Else"?

282094

Time capsule found in walls of Jewish museum
9-25-2020
The capsule, which dates back to 1873, was discovered by workers who had been carrying out renovation work.
Forrest Fenn treasure discoverer comes forward
9-25-2020
An individual claiming to be the one who found Fenn's treasure has seemingly broken his silence in a blog post.
Skepticism surrounds 'life on Venus' claim
9-24-2020
It may be a bit premature to conclude that the detection of phosphine on Venus is an indication of alien life.
Scientists solve mass elephant deaths mystery
9-24-2020
Hundreds of elephants have been mysteriously dying in Botswana and scientists have finally figured out why.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball