Monday, August 15, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Cryptozoology

'Leprechaun whisperer' interviewed on live TV

June 1, 2020 | Comment icon 12 comments

Woods was interviewed during the show. Image Credit: Twitter / @amy_13125
A man who claims to be Ireland's last living leprechaun whisperer has spoken out about the impact of the virus.
You may be forgiven for thinking that leprechauns - the bearded, green-suited little people of Irish folklore - are little more than the product of stories and folk tales.

According to Kevin Woods of Carlingford, Co Louth, however, these mischievous fairy-folk are not only real, but are in communication with him, sharing their thoughts about current events.

For many years, Woods has acted as 'custodian' of the leprechauns and has previously successfully lobbied for them to be granted a special protective status.

He also claims to have a special 'power' that enables him to see and talk to them.

Speaking during a recent appearance on This morning in the UK, he told hosts Ruth Langford and Eamon Holmes that while the leprechauns have been doing fine, their numbers are dwindling.
"There were millions of them here in Ireland and they all died apart from 236 of them," he said.

"I'm really the custodian of them and their lives and I've been doing that since I got them a protected species. Leprechauns are spirits, they manifest themselves to me as leprechauns. I visit them each day, I haven't broken the restrictions."

Woods runs a tour business named Last Leprechauns Of Ireland, however while the coronavirus doesn't seem to have impacted the little folk themselves, his profits have certainly taken a hit.

"It's not really business to me, I have enough access to the gold," he said.

"I don't need the business. I do it to tell people the story is true."

Source: Irish Post | Comments (12)

Comment icon #3 Posted by Iilaa'mpuul'xem 2 years ago
Thank you, I love stuff like this...
Comment icon #4 Posted by lightly 2 years ago
Bless his heart.      .            I had relatives years &years& years ago, from the old country, who believed in the little people.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Ozymandias 2 years ago
Leprechauns are a load of rubbish but children - while they are children - love them. This man operates a Leprechaun & Fairy Underground Cavern for kids. Similar to Santa's Grotto at Christmas and no doubt equally attractive to children. He advertises it as follows: 'Tour takes an hour and is indoors. Cost  €8 per child and includes a  model Leprechaun to take home. Adults accompanying children €4.00. Adults without children €8. Please Note: If your children are younger than 5 years old and do not have a child accompanying them that have lost at least one tooth then they are really too you... [More]
Comment icon #6 Posted by Seti42 2 years ago
Normally I say something snarky about people/stories like this...But there's something endearing about this one.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Nnicolette 2 years ago
I am curious because as a kid i would dream about going and helping them. But I need a little more clarification on this insanity, like how do spirits that can manifest as leprechauns even die?
Comment icon #8 Posted by jowasmus 2 years ago
I'm from the South. I fully understand this statement. Well said. Well said.
Comment icon #9 Posted by jowasmus 2 years ago
James M. Barrie said "Every time a child says 'I don't believe in fairies' there is a a little fairy somewhere that falls down dead." Guess it works for leprechauns too.
Comment icon #10 Posted by micahc 2 years ago
Genies come out of lamps. Leprechauns come out of whiskey bottles.
Comment icon #11 Posted by jowasmus 2 years ago
I've never seen a Leprechaun movie without somebody in it passing a pint around.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Bendy Demon 2 years ago
Why would any supernatural creature (pretending for the moment that they exist) care about human mandates and laws?

Total Posts: 7,313,490    Topics: 300,900    Members: 198,005