Monday, November 23, 2020

'Leprechaun whisperer' interviewed on live TV

Posted on Monday, 1 June, 2020 | Comment icon 12 comments

Woods was interviewed during the show. Image Credit: Twitter / @amy_13125
A man who claims to be Ireland's last living leprechaun whisperer has spoken out about the impact of the virus.
You may be forgiven for thinking that leprechauns - the bearded, green-suited little people of Irish folklore - are little more than the product of stories and folk tales.

According to Kevin Woods of Carlingford, Co Louth, however, these mischievous fairy-folk are not only real, but are in communication with him, sharing their thoughts about current events.

For many years, Woods has acted as 'custodian' of the leprechauns and has previously successfully lobbied for them to be granted a special protective status.

He also claims to have a special 'power' that enables him to see and talk to them.

Speaking during a recent appearance on This morning in the UK, he told hosts Ruth Langford and Eamon Holmes that while the leprechauns have been doing fine, their numbers are dwindling.
"There were millions of them here in Ireland and they all died apart from 236 of them," he said.

"I'm really the custodian of them and their lives and I've been doing that since I got them a protected species. Leprechauns are spirits, they manifest themselves to me as leprechauns. I visit them each day, I haven't broken the restrictions."

Woods runs a tour business named Last Leprechauns Of Ireland, however while the coronavirus doesn't seem to have impacted the little folk themselves, his profits have certainly taken a hit.

"It's not really business to me, I have enough access to the gold," he said.

"I don't need the business. I do it to tell people the story is true."

Source: Irish Post | Comments (12)

Tags: Ireland

Comment icon #3 Posted by Iilaa'mpuul'xem on 1 June, 2020, 19:12
Thank you, I love stuff like this...
Comment icon #4 Posted by lightly on 1 June, 2020, 20:13
Bless his heart.      .            I had relatives years &years& years ago, from the old country, who believed in the little people.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Ozymandias on 1 June, 2020, 23:08
Leprechauns are a load of rubbish but children - while they are children - love them. This man operates a Leprechaun & Fairy Underground Cavern for kids. Similar to Santa's Grotto at Christmas and no doubt equally attractive to children. He advertises it as follows: 'Tour takes an hour and is indoors. Cost  €8 per child and includes a  model Leprechaun to take home. Adults accompanying children €4.00. Adults without children €8. Please Note: If your children are younger than 5 years old and do not have a child accompanying them that have lost at least one tooth then they are really too you... [More]
Comment icon #6 Posted by Seti42 on 1 June, 2020, 23:28
Normally I say something snarky about people/stories like this...But there's something endearing about this one.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Nnicolette on 3 June, 2020, 16:00
I am curious because as a kid i would dream about going and helping them. But I need a little more clarification on this insanity, like how do spirits that can manifest as leprechauns even die?
Comment icon #8 Posted by jowasmus on 3 June, 2020, 21:04
I'm from the South. I fully understand this statement. Well said. Well said.
Comment icon #9 Posted by jowasmus on 3 June, 2020, 21:09
James M. Barrie said "Every time a child says 'I don't believe in fairies' there is a a little fairy somewhere that falls down dead." Guess it works for leprechauns too.
Comment icon #10 Posted by micahc on 4 June, 2020, 0:57
Genies come out of lamps. Leprechauns come out of whiskey bottles.
Comment icon #11 Posted by jowasmus on 4 June, 2020, 13:33
I've never seen a Leprechaun movie without somebody in it passing a pint around.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Bendy Demon on 11 June, 2020, 21:50
Why would any supernatural creature (pretending for the moment that they exist) care about human mandates and laws?

Medieval soldier found in Lithuanian lake
11-23-2020
Scientists have uncovered the remarkably well-preserved remains of a medieval man with an iron sword.
Elon Musk outlines plans for living on Mars
11-22-2020
The SpaceX CEO has made no secret of his ambition to see humans living on the Red Planet in his lifetime.
Man wrestles alligator in bid to save his dog
11-22-2020
A man in Florida was captured on film jumping into a pond to attack an alligator that had grabbed his dog.
Scientists succeed in reversing biological aging
11-21-2020
In a world-first study, the biological aging process has been reversed in a group of elderly volunteers.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball