Saturday, August 8, 2020

Yowie researcher recalls his first encounter

Posted on Sunday, 5 July, 2020 | Comment icon 65 comments

Is something roaming the wilds of Australia ? Image Credit: Steve Baxter / Pexels
David Taylor has been investigating Australia's answer to the legendary Sasquatch for the better part of 12 years.
Although encounters with large bipedal hominids are mostly associated with North America and the Himalayas, stories of such creatures have been reported for hundreds of years in countries all over the world including Russia, China and even Australia where it is known locally as the Yowie.

One man who has set his sights on proving the existence of this mysterious ape-beast is David Taylor, a long-term Yowie investigator who has spent years searching Queensland for the creature.

His most notable encounter with the Yowie was his first and it took place in Dularcha National Park to the north of Brisbane, all the way back in 2008.

He had been on a bike ride when he had the sudden feeling that something dangerous was nearby.
"It was huge, it look three steps," he told Mail Online. "One step took it across the path that was as wide as a car, the second step it was into the bush and the third step it was totally gone."

"It looked like an ape due to the hair but it had real human characteristics in how it was built and its behavior. The facial features are more human and some parts of its hair was plaited. The adrenaline that went through me was just explosive. I just wanted to get out of there as quick as I could."

After his encounter, Taylor became compelled to investigate the phenomenon. Since then, he claims to have encountered the creature on dozens of occasions.

"I've had them growl at me, I've had rocks thrown at me and I've had tree branches thrown at me that look more like the actual tree than a branch," he said.

"There has been times were I've had about four or five of them around me, and if they wanted to kill me they could have easily done it."

Source: Mail Online | Comments (65)

Tags: Bigfoot, Yowie

Comment icon #56 Posted by psyche101 on 8 July, 2020, 10:06
Lol, I get a ribbing from a couple of old friends too..... hey, we actually tried it out in the real world at least! I bet there's a certain koala who can't say the same
Comment icon #57 Posted by Piney on 8 July, 2020, 10:16
I was actually going to dig back through some ancient posts of us exchanging notes on empty handedness.  About a month ago I was accused on here of being a pseudo-skeptic and told maybe I should prove myself by looking for Bigfoot in the Pine Barrens.
Comment icon #58 Posted by psyche101 on 8 July, 2020, 10:38
LOL, of only they knew...,   How to use a search engine
Comment icon #59 Posted by papageorge1 on 8 July, 2020, 15:30
Yep, I give all anecdotes their fair consideration. I form judgment of sources too. That's all part of human reasoning.
Comment icon #60 Posted by Trelane on 8 July, 2020, 22:39
Of course you don't. Only when it you think it supports your opinion and you think it won't blow up in your face.
Comment icon #61 Posted by psyche101 on 8 July, 2020, 23:25
That you cannot name one claimant I think well illustrates anything but consideration. You are an enemy of reason.
Comment icon #62 Posted by Golden Duck on 9 July, 2020, 3:01
Things didn't go so well last time he was in the field.
Comment icon #63 Posted by Hammerclaw on 9 July, 2020, 4:24
People are so silly. The Jersey Devil would never tolerate Bigfoot in the Barrens.
Comment icon #64 Posted by Piney on 9 July, 2020, 10:43
We use to think he was the same character. Especially among the tribe. Some Indians, my tribe and others gave me total hell about trying to track down the Forest Guardian.
Comment icon #65 Posted by XenoFish on 9 July, 2020, 23:55
I wonder how many of the bigfoot tales actually start with , "I was 5 can into my 6 pack, then I saw it...."

'Knife-wielding baboons' seen at safari park
8-7-2020
Baboons at Knowsley Safari Park in Merseyside have reportedly taken to wielding knives and sharp tools.
What will happen at the end of the universe ?
8-7-2020
The Big Bang may have brought the universe into existence, but will a similar event bring about its demise?
Ingested beetle escapes out of frog's posterior
8-6-2020
A bizarre experiment has demonstrated how one aquatic beetle can survive being swallowed up by a frog.
Neuralink chip to offer 'superhuman hearing'
8-6-2020
Elon Musk's potentially revolutionary brain-computer interface chip is nothing if not ambitious.
Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball