Wednesday, January 20, 2021
  Bizarre

Drunk man changes his name to Celine Dion

Posted on Friday, 1 January, 2021 | Comment icon 15 comments

Best not to change your name when you are drunk... Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Anirudh Koul
A super fan of the Canadian singer recently made the drunken decision to change his name in honor of her.
30-year-old Thomas Dodd from Clifton Campville, England made the unfortunate decision after drinking too much booze while watching a Celine Dion concert on TV over the festive period.

He only realized what he had done after receiving the official documents in the mail.

"During lockdown I've been watching a lot of live concerts on the TV," he said. "I can only think I've been watching one of hers and had a 'great idea' after a few drinks!"

"I walked in from work and there was a big white envelope with 'do not bend' written across it. I nearly passed out in my kitchen when I opened it."
"My initial concern was how on earth do I tell the HR department at work that I need to change my email footer!? Now I'm thinking it could be a great way to get backstage."

Although his friends saw the funny side, his mother wasn't too impressed.

"I did explain it could be worse and it could've been Boris Johnson - we're just lucky he doesn't have any live concerts - she's laughing about it now," he said.

As things stand however, he has no plans to change his name back anytime soon.

"I'll figure it out, I'm not rushing to change it back that's for sure," he said.

Source: MSN.com | Comments (15)

Tags: Celine Dion

Comment icon #6 Posted by Dreamer screamer on 1 January, 2021, 22:40
you drink more?
Comment icon #7 Posted by HandsomeGorilla on 1 January, 2021, 22:44
I've been all different kinds of drunk, but when I read about some things people did when they were supposedly 'drunk', I think a lot of other things came in to play.
Comment icon #8 Posted by OverSword on 1 January, 2021, 22:48
After passing out??
Comment icon #9 Posted by HandsomeGorilla on 1 January, 2021, 22:53
Even though I did get drunk and tell my ex girlfriend I'd marry her if we got back together.  Not very effective, fwiw
Comment icon #10 Posted by Timothy on 1 January, 2021, 23:29
How easy is it to legally change your name over there? He was so drunk that he didn’t remember it! He must operate reasonably well while under the influence...
Comment icon #11 Posted by Dreamer screamer on 1 January, 2021, 23:39
That is what mates are for.   They poor more drink down you whilst out?  Then they push you to do things that are funny, like getting a name change.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Hawken on 2 January, 2021, 8:09
Sounds like something @acute would do after gulping down a few Scrumpy Jacks.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Abramelin on 2 January, 2021, 11:48
Actually, it's kind of traveling in space and time: when you wake up, you're in a place you can't remember going to, and you have not the faintest clue where all that lost time has gone. It's great; you should do it some time.
Comment icon #14 Posted by mesuma on 2 January, 2021, 22:20
I can think of another few names to call him.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Funkadelic on 9 January, 2021, 0:50
Good on him

Is the Loch Ness Monster an ancient sea turtle ?
1-19-2021
One researcher has come up with a new theory to explain sightings of the legendary Scottish loch monster.
How can people hear the voices of the dead ?
1-19-2021
Scientists have been attempting to find out what makes a person more likely to hear voices from beyond the grave.
Witness recounts 'winged creature' encounter
1-18-2021
Three people had been driving in northeastern Illinois when they saw a flying creature with 'human proportions'.
Revealed: the face of Siberia's 'Tutankhamun'
1-18-2021
Scientists in Russia have painstakingly reconstructed the face of a Scythian king found in a tomb in East Siberia.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball