Monday, September 27, 2021

Man has spent 30 years hunting for Nessie

Posted on Wednesday, 21 July, 2021 | Comment icon 7 comments

Steve Feltham when he originally moved to Loch Ness. Image Credit: YouTube / Steve Feltham
Steve Feltham has spent three decades watching over Loch Ness for signs of the enigmatic monster.
For most people, looking for signs of the elusive Loch Ness Monster amounts of glancing over the water in the hope of catching a brief glimpse of a dark shape disappearing beneath the murk.

For Steve Feltham, however, looking for the creature has become a life-long obsession.

Originally from Dorset, Feltham began his search for the world's most famous lake monster back in 1991 after being fascinated by the possibility of its existence.

Having given up his house, his job and his girlfriend to focus on finding the elusive beast, he now lives in a mobile home which is parked on a permanent basis on the shores of the loch at Dores.
He has since made a living selling miniature models of the monster to visiting tourists.

Now, 30 years on, his passion for finding the creature remains strong.

"I am a free man doing exactly the thing I love doing," he told The Press and Journal.

"I'm not trying to show the world 'here's the final proof that solves the mystery', I'm addicted to the chase. I'm addicted to finding the new pieces of evidence."

"That's what keeps me going, that adventure."

Source: Press and Journal | Comments (7)

Tags: Steve Feltham, Loch Ness

Comment icon #1 Posted by jethrofloyd on 21 July, 2021, 16:15
Comment icon #2 Posted by Nosy.Matters on 21 July, 2021, 19:23
Seems like he became religious about it.
Comment icon #3 Posted by HandsomeGorilla on 21 July, 2021, 21:38
"Why I'm still searching for Nessie after 30 years"  I think after 30 years, most people would call it a wrap for pretty much anything... And I'm talking REAL things. For people like him, it just becomes something that fills their day; for some, their hobby becomes their entire identity  I'm sure this guy goes out there with 99.99% surety that there ain't **** in that Loch, maybe some big eels? From what I've surmised, it's a rather dreary place with not much going on despite its size and depth
Comment icon #4 Posted by Nobu on 22 July, 2021, 7:09
He lives in a van and sells trinkets. I’m not sure how into real life this guy ever was. Some people just decide to take a many decades vacation. I think they use whatever they can as an excuse for the vacation.
Comment icon #5 Posted by jethrofloyd on 22 July, 2021, 11:35
Well, if the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster exist, why not the Loch Ness monster religion too? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Comment icon #6 Posted by Myles on 22 July, 2021, 14:04
That was what I was thinking.   Turns out his net worth is around $800,000.   Seems in the early 2000's he entered into the entertainment business.   Probably was tired of mac and cheese.      https://networthwikibio.org/steve-feltham-net-worth/
Comment icon #7 Posted by Still Waters on 22 July, 2021, 14:08
I take it you've never been there?

Demi Lovato discusses her new UFO TV series
9-27-2021
The American singer will be hosting a new unscripted show all about investigating the UFO phenomenon.
Reliable way to induce lucid dreams discovered
9-27-2021
Researchers have found that a common Alzheimer's drug can help to induce lucid dreaming more reliably.
Oldest human footprints in North America found
9-26-2021
Archaeologists have identified what are now thought to be the oldest footprints ever found on the continent.
Ghost with a bowler hat said to haunt Heathrow
9-26-2021
There have been many sightings of a ghostly figure in and around Heathrow airport over the years.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball