Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Cryptozoology

Man has spent 30 years hunting for Nessie

July 21, 2021 | Comment icon 7 comments

Steve Feltham when he originally moved to Loch Ness. Image Credit: YouTube / Steve Feltham
Steve Feltham has spent three decades watching over Loch Ness for signs of the enigmatic monster.
For most people, looking for signs of the elusive Loch Ness Monster amounts of glancing over the water in the hope of catching a brief glimpse of a dark shape disappearing beneath the murk.

For Steve Feltham, however, looking for the creature has become a life-long obsession.

Originally from Dorset, Feltham began his search for the world's most famous lake monster back in 1991 after being fascinated by the possibility of its existence.

Having given up his house, his job and his girlfriend to focus on finding the elusive beast, he now lives in a mobile home which is parked on a permanent basis on the shores of the loch at Dores.
He has since made a living selling miniature models of the monster to visiting tourists.

Now, 30 years on, his passion for finding the creature remains strong.

"I am a free man doing exactly the thing I love doing," he told The Press and Journal.

"I'm not trying to show the world 'here's the final proof that solves the mystery', I'm addicted to the chase. I'm addicted to finding the new pieces of evidence."

"That's what keeps me going, that adventure."

Source: Press and Journal | Comments (7)

Comment icon #1 Posted by jethrofloyd 12 months ago
Comment icon #2 Posted by Nosy.Matters 12 months ago
Seems like he became religious about it.
Comment icon #3 Posted by HandsomeGorilla 12 months ago
"Why I'm still searching for Nessie after 30 years"† I think after 30 years, most people would call it a wrap for pretty much anything... And I'm talking REAL things. For people like him, it just becomes something that fills their day; for some, their hobby becomes their entire identity† I'm sure this guy goes out there with 99.99% surety that there ain't **** in that Loch, maybe some big eels? From what I've surmised, it's a rather dreary place with not much going on despite its size and depth
Comment icon #4 Posted by Nobu 12 months ago
He lives in a van and sells trinkets. Iím not sure how into real life this guy ever was. Some people just decide to take a many decades vacation. I think they use whatever they can as an excuse for the vacation.
Comment icon #5 Posted by jethrofloyd 12 months ago
Well, if the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster exist, why not the Loch Ness monster religion too? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Comment icon #6 Posted by Myles 12 months ago
That was what I was thinking.† †Turns out his net worth is around $800,000.† †Seems in the early 2000's he entered into the entertainment business.† †Probably was tired of mac and cheese.† † † https://networthwikibio.org/steve-feltham-net-worth/
Comment icon #7 Posted by Still Waters 12 months ago
I take it you've never been there?

Total Posts: 7,288,889    Topics: 299,851    Members: 197,598