We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Sunday, November 28, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Cryptozoology

Famed Nessie hunter to star in new short film

October 9, 2019 | Comment icon 11 comments

Feltham is no stranger to the Loch Ness Monster legend. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Ian Stewart
Veteran Loch Ness Monster hunter Steve Feltham has spent over 25 years searching for the elusive creature.
Originally from Dorset, the 53-year-old began his search for the world's most famous lake monster back in 1991 after being fascinated by the possibility of its existence.

Having given up his house, his job and his girlfriend to focus on finding the elusive beast, he now lives in a mobile home which is parked on a permanent basis on the shores of the loch at Dores.

He holds the world record for the longest time spent looking for the Loch Ness Monster.

Now Feltham is set to star in a new short film made by RSA - a production company co-founded by legendary film director Ridley Scott, the creator of Alien and Blade Runner.

He will play a fictitious monster hunter whose activities take him all around the Loch Ness area.
"As filming went on, I realized it was not my story but a caricature," said Feltham. "It was based on me rather than about me."

"This was one of the most unexpected, intense, euphoric adventures that I have ever had."

In the film, Feltham is depicted climbing sheer rock faces and rowing single-handedly across the loch.

"We set out to capture the mystery that surrounds the waters of Loch Ness and the creature that lives below, and we discovered a man that loved the beast with all of his heart," said director Alex Farrell.

"To him, it wasn't necessarily the Loch Ness Monster being real that was so important but the idea that it was possible, that's the magic. He encouraged us to do the same - dream big."

Source: Inverness Courier | Comments (11)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
24 / 25
We are 96% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #2 Posted by freetoroam 2 years ago
Wrong record, he should hold the title for the biggest fool.†
Comment icon #3 Posted by the13bats 2 years ago
I recall this cat now, he lives hermit style at lochs edge, sells cute little play doh classic nessie cartoon sculptures but i heard him say nessie is likely a wells catfish that were released there for sport fishing decades back. He very well may have given up his job and house but i bet the girly gave him up. I wish him the best with his film, he seemed like a nice fellow.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Peterk505 2 years ago
Dream big, fail big - but probably living a unique life.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Ultimatium 2 years ago
Well, with all respect, i really admire him for spending his life trying to solve the mystery.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Iilaa'mpuul'xem 2 years ago
There are defintly worse jobs, what a beautiful place to spend your life and time, making trinkets for for the visitors and living stress free looking over the Loch everyday for another sighting of Nessie... and you get to wear a kilt and whiskey...†@Piney†knows my weakness for the spirit and if he starts to tell you a story about me... its a lie.†
Comment icon #7 Posted by Don Caesar 2 years ago
I remember this individual†from a sea monster†documentary,†and thinking this guy was nuts to throw†everything†away. Itís commendable†that heís following his dream (sadly,†thatís all itíll ever be). †
Comment icon #8 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 2 years ago
Gag. The only "famed" Loch Ness monster hunter is the one that finds the monster. "famed". †
Comment icon #9 Posted by the13bats 2 years ago
"Famed" ? I like adrian shine, he spent years and lots of $$$ doing very unbiaed research and "hunting" he opened a museum, so he makes a living off it, but he has come to the conclusion from his hands on work there is no "monster" yet he will grin and say just how very delighted he would be to be proven wrong. I like that mindset and attitude. †
Comment icon #10 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 2 years ago
Yes, Shine is Ok. I remember I saw a Toyota truck commercial done at Loch Ness and Shine was in it. And he said he was some director of research or whatever at the loch. I thought there was no such position, he was just a prop to make a funny commercial. Little did I know, he was no prop LOL. He really does have some function of some kind ay the loch. Hey, he makes a living. Everybody got to do that†
Comment icon #11 Posted by the13bats 2 years ago
I hope that gave him a free truck