Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Extraterrestrial > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Extraterrestrial

Demi Lovato: calling ETs 'alien' is offensive

October 12, 2021 | Comment icon 39 comments

Would an extraterrestrial really be offended by the word 'alien' ? Image Credit: PD - Pexels
Speaking in a recent interview, the singer claimed that the term 'alien' is offensive to extraterrestrials.
Lovato, who is currently promoting a new investigative TV series on the subject of UFOs entitled "Unidentified with Demi Lovato", had been speaking to media outlets when she made the rather controversial claim that the term 'alien' is actually offensive to the aliens themselves.

"I think that we have to stop calling them aliens because aliens is a derogatory term for anything," she said in response to a question about an unreleased song. "I call them ETs."

Her comments ended up going viral, with her quote becoming a trending topic on social media.

The TV show itself follows the singer, her best friend and her sister as they go on an expedition to visit UFO hotspots, eyewitnesses, alien abductees and UFO researchers in a quest to uncover the truth about the phenomenon.
"I wanted to film everything that goes down when I go and search for these UFOs so that my fans can come along for the ride," she said.

Lovato also remains adamant that extraterrestrial visitors harbor no ill-will towards humanity.

"I want people to have an open mind and heart and to realize that these beings are looking out for our best interest," she told Entertainment Weekly.

"There's nothing to fear. If they wanted to hurt us, they would've hurt us."

Source: Rolling Stone | Comments (39)

Comment icon #30 Posted by DieChecker 5 days ago
Very very likely. I didn't even know she said anything other then it popped up as a new post and I was curious. Regardless, groups of loud idiots have ranted extensively given less. And over less.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Manwon Lender 5 days ago
As far as Wikipedia goes, I use it for a reference only not as a point of discussion. I would not bother to Challenge Wikipedia because no one seriously uses it as a credible source of information, and you know that as well as I do!
Comment icon #32 Posted by joc 5 days ago
Demi Lovato ...or..at least her agent...I'll just go with both...are far from idiots... ...they played you all bro! Now there is a whole entire thread on UM talking about Demi Lovato.  And you don't think this is the only website....? Brilliant free publicity campaign.  Talk about something in such a way that will just set everyone's pants on fire...how many people never heard of Demi Lovato but will now google her? Well done Demi!
Comment icon #33 Posted by DieChecker 4 days ago
And posting a meme pic is a scholarly article? You should know a meme pic isn't a credible source either. Wikipedia at least has oversight, a meme is just words on a picture.
Comment icon #34 Posted by Golden Duck 4 days ago
Comment icon #35 Posted by Manwon Lender 4 days ago
The original meme was meant as a joke, you win hands Down!
Comment icon #36 Posted by Ell 4 days ago
Woke = the weird notions of predominantly narcissists whom we cannot commit into psychiatric institutions because there are too many of them.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Abramelin 3 days ago
And years ago, when someone mentioned the Kardashians, I always thought of these:
Comment icon #38 Posted by 'Walt' E. Kurtz 13 hours ago
 Is Demi Lovato a klingon :-P  Never Trust a klingon
Comment icon #39 Posted by TheGoldenBoy 28 minutes ago
I not a male , not a female , i am an CAIC WZ-10.