Thursday, May 5, 2016   |   4,732 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

40th anniversary of Pascagoula abduction

Posted on Friday, 11 October, 2013 | Comment icon 171 comments

What happened to Hickson and Parker 40 years ago ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
40 years ago Calvin Parker Jr and Charles Hickson encountered a UFO and its otherworldly occupants.
One of the best known alien abduction cases in history, the circumstances surrounding the mysterious events that took place along the banks of the Pascagoula River on October 11th 1973 have been the subject of debate and controversy for years.

Hickson and Parker had been out fishing when they reported witnessing a strange oval-shaped object with blue lights descending from the sky. The craft was said to have made a peculiar whizzing sound, eventually coming to rest a couple of feet above the ground nearby.

What happened next would terrify both men for the rest of their days. Three strange creatures emerged from the object that were vaguely humanoid and stood around 5ft in height. They had no discernible eye sockets and only a small slit for a mouth. In place of hands they had lobster-like claws and seemed to move in an inhuman, robotic-like manner.

The men then reported being paralyzed and "floated" aboard the craft where they were subjected to a detailed physical examination. The incident seemed to end as abruptly as it had began as Hickson and Parker found themselves back on the beach with no sign of the UFO and no indication that anything had happened.

Hickson maintained until his death in 2011 that events happened the way he described them and Parker, too, continues to insist that everything they had seen and witnessed was true.

"This is something I really didn't want to happen," he said.

Source: Seattle pi | Comments (171)

Tags: Pascagoula, UFO, Abduction

Comment icon #162 Posted by 1963 on 12 November, 2013, 22:32
Hey Quillius,...I see that you have taken a shine to this case, and hastily skirting through the thread I also see that you feel that there could be a lot of merit in Hickson and Parker's story. Well...being a jack of all cases and master of none, of course i'm pretty familiar with the basics of the case [but obviously, not as intensely as you tend to go.]..and to be honest my friend , my current position on the validity of the 'actual abduction' is that I find myself " less than favourably convinced"! [essentially based on my opinions of the 'outrageous dei... [More]
Comment icon #163 Posted by quillius on 13 November, 2013, 10:48
Hello buddy, good to see you join in the debate. You are right in that I do really like this case. The bottom line for me is having read and listened to the various first hand testimony/interviews/secret recordings I am convinced that both men are not lying and that they believe they had an experience in line with what they claim. To be honest I have yet to see the discrepencies that you mention, I feel these discrpencies only happen when we are talking about the various elaborations that happened many years later, also worth noting that these came after hypnosis, which in itself can creat... [More]
Comment icon #164 Posted by scowl on 13 November, 2013, 17:20
[/size] e]
Comment icon #165 Posted by psyche101 on 14 November, 2013, 2:19
Gidday One of the theme parks here is doing a white Christmas with snow machines, I might have to get a look at that, never seen a white Christmas. BTW, That S Radio was at the Miguel site, they seem to have lost the pictures, and accidentally (I hope) removed some text. It now says: We can see here that clearly something has been deleted. Nice analogy, like a ghost right? And because the men had different post experiences, that can still mean they experienced, the same thing initially, well I do agree with that much, I do feel their experience may have been one and the same, ... [More]
Comment icon #166 Posted by psyche101 on 14 November, 2013, 2:58
We can agree on the starting point of the trauma though, and you can see what I am saying, is it not very strange that the men would have such different reactions to the same event? I expect diversity, but Calvin really lost it. Charlie appears quite composed by comparison. We have a verified tran very close to the event which I feel is very valid, and almost every source has a different size, yet they had to get it from someplace, and that can only have been Charlie. I honestly have to wonder why every estimate is rounded down, none seem to be 30 foot by 30 foot, or more, they are all... [More]
Comment icon #167 Posted by quillius on 14 November, 2013, 14:52
Comment icon #168 Posted by quillius on 14 November, 2013, 14:58
Psyche, will have to come back to you on some of your points as flat out today. may potentially leave pascagoula alone for a few weeks as it requires too much time, and as Scowl has suggested, it will never really be to any firm conclusion I guess. For me I would be happy to take this case to the stage of 'the men were not lying, and they had an encounter with something, be it a UFO or UAP etc etc (exlcude a BOW - bottle of whiskey) but whether they were abducted or not is another story
Comment icon #169 Posted by 1963 on 14 November, 2013, 22:36
Hi Quillius, sorry for the delayed response my friend. [but you know that there isn't enough hours in the day to do what you would really rather do.!] ...And I have to say that I am guilty of not boning-up on the case sufficiently before jumping in!....after your sterling defence of the 'early discrepancy-tally' I willingly concede that I hadn't previously studied the facts of this case closely enough, ..and unforgivably-relied on the easily available google-links to many inaccurate tellings of this tale!...But after a closer look at the event and timings of the... [More]
Comment icon #170 Posted by scowl on 18 November, 2013, 0:10
OK I found my vintage copy of "UFOs Explained" in a box full of books on MS-DOS. Let me sum up the 20 pages here. Klass says that the "abduction" (his use of quotes) is not as detailed nor interesting as Barney and Betty Hill or the abduction of Brazilian farmer Antonio Villas-Boas. The location where they were fishing is just a few blocks east from downtown Pascagoula and just a few hundred feet from busy highway 90 into town -- hardly a remote location -- yet no one saw anything. In his first interview with the tabloid The National Taddler, Hickson said that the craf... [More]
Comment icon #171 Posted by psyche101 on 20 November, 2013, 6:43
The sonic boom from the Blackbird was but one, if it was attributed to the Pascagoula event, why only one boom? Or just FTB's putting 2 and 2 together to make 5?

Users online:
5,644,118
257,485
129,123
4,732

Humanoid robot is preparing to go in to space
5-5-2016
Known as Valkyrie, the NASA robot could help to set up a colony ahead of the first astronauts on Mars.
Ridiculously rare violet diamond unearthed
5-4-2016
An 'impossibly rare' violet diamond has been found within the depths of Australia’s remote Argyle mine.
Can a brain dead patient be brought back ?
5-4-2016
A groundbreaking new trial is aiming to find a way to regenerate the brains of clinically dead patients.
Three new Earth-sized planets discovered
5-3-2016
Astronomers have identified three new terrestrial worlds around a relatively close 'ultracool' star.
Why is the sound of chewing so annoying ?
Posted 5-5-2016 | 1 comment
A look at why chewing and other irritating sounds can cause so much distress.

Inside a 6ft air balloon
Posted 5-4-2016 | 1 comment
The Slo Mo Guys record footage of what happens when the balloon you are inside pops.

Catching a mutated som in Chernobyl
Posted 5-3-2016 | 0 comments
Extreme angler Jeremy Wade ventures to Chernobyl to catch a rather unique specimen.

How does an owl fly so silently ?
Posted 5-2-2016 | 1 comment
Researchers record an owl in flight to determine how it flies without making a sound.

Collecting black mamba venom
Posted 5-1-2016 | 1 comment
Even a single bite from a black mamba delivers enough venom to kill up to twenty people.

Not in our jurisdiction

Christmas Day haunting
4-6-2016 | London, UK

The funeral director
3-30-2016 | Hebburn, England

A strange sighting in Spain
3-30-2016 | Albatera, Spain

Dust patterns on basement floor
3-27-2016 | Smithville, Texas