Tuesday, July 26, 2016

40th anniversary of Pascagoula abduction

Posted on Friday, 11 October, 2013 | Comment icon 171 comments

What happened to Hickson and Parker 40 years ago ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
40 years ago Calvin Parker Jr and Charles Hickson encountered a UFO and its otherworldly occupants.
One of the best known alien abduction cases in history, the circumstances surrounding the mysterious events that took place along the banks of the Pascagoula River on October 11th 1973 have been the subject of debate and controversy for years.

Hickson and Parker had been out fishing when they reported witnessing a strange oval-shaped object with blue lights descending from the sky. The craft was said to have made a peculiar whizzing sound, eventually coming to rest a couple of feet above the ground nearby.

What happened next would terrify both men for the rest of their days. Three strange creatures emerged from the object that were vaguely humanoid and stood around 5ft in height. They had no discernible eye sockets and only a small slit for a mouth. In place of hands they had lobster-like claws and seemed to move in an inhuman, robotic-like manner.

The men then reported being paralyzed and "floated" aboard the craft where they were subjected to a detailed physical examination. The incident seemed to end as abruptly as it had began as Hickson and Parker found themselves back on the beach with no sign of the UFO and no indication that anything had happened.

Hickson maintained until his death in 2011 that events happened the way he described them and Parker, too, continues to insist that everything they had seen and witnessed was true.

"This is something I really didn't want to happen," he said.

Source: Seattle pi | Comments (171)

Tags: Pascagoula, UFO, Abduction

Comment icon #162 Posted by 1963 on 12 November, 2013, 22:32
Hey Quillius,...I see that you have taken a shine to this case, and hastily skirting through the thread I also see that you feel that there could be a lot of merit in Hickson and Parker's story. Well...being a jack of all cases and master of none, of course i'm pretty familiar with the basics of the case [but obviously, not as intensely as you tend to go.]..and to be honest my friend , my current position on the validity of the 'actual abduction' is that I find myself " less than favourably convinced"! [essentially based on my opinions of the 'outrageous deions of the entities' and subsequent ... [More]
Comment icon #163 Posted by quillius on 13 November, 2013, 10:48
Comment icon #164 Posted by scowl on 13 November, 2013, 17:20
I fully agree that the event or perception of could have possibly been a combination of a hallucination and some 'suggestive' discussions that happened in the 45 minutes sitting in the car that created a false memory. Here's something we can agree on. Here are two words that UFOlogists hate to hear: "So what?" So what if a couple of fishermen forty years ago claimed that they were abducted by extraterrestrials that looked like they had come out of a low budget Roger Corman sci-fi flick? Such creatures were never reported again for some reason which means it was a completely isolated event. It ... [More]
Comment icon #165 Posted by psyche101 on 14 November, 2013, 2:19
Gidday mate, yes indeed, very much needed at the moment.... Gidday One of the theme parks here is doing a white Christmas with snow machines, I might have to get a look at that, never seen a white Christmas. BTW, That S Radio was at the Miguel site, they seem to have lost the pictures, and accidentally (I hope) removed some text. It now says: The chances are that the first two post-abduction experiences Hickson have been the work of his mind trying to eliminate uncertainty and, incidentally, find a positive way to their Original abduction. The third experience is more complex because it involv... [More]
Comment icon #166 Posted by psyche101 on 14 November, 2013, 2:58
I just struggle with anything Calvin says so many years after. We can agree on the starting point of the trauma though, and you can see what I am saying, is it not very strange that the men would have such different reactions to the same event? I expect diversity, but Calvin really lost it. Charlie appears quite composed by comparison. ignoring the sources which seem to all make things up as they go along, we shoul;d focus on Charlies actual words, and everytime I have listened to any recording he is constistant with size. We have a verified tran very close to the event which I feel is very va... [More]
Comment icon #167 Posted by quillius on 14 November, 2013, 14:52
[/size] Here's something we can agree on.
Comment icon #168 Posted by quillius on 14 November, 2013, 14:58
Psyche, will have to come back to you on some of your points as flat out today. may potentially leave pascagoula alone for a few weeks as it requires too much time, and as Scowl has suggested, it will never really be to any firm conclusion I guess. For me I would be happy to take this case to the stage of 'the men were not lying, and they had an encounter with something, be it a UFO or UAP etc etc (exlcude a BOW - bottle of whiskey) but whether they were abducted or not is another story
Comment icon #169 Posted by 1963 on 14 November, 2013, 22:36
Hello buddy, good to see you join in the debate. You are right in that I do really like this case. The bottom line for me is having read and listened to the various first hand testimony/interviews/secret recordings I am convinced that both men are not lying and that they believe they had an experience in line with what they claim.To be honest I have yet to see the discrepencies that you mention, I feel these discrpencies only happen when we are talking about the various elaborations that happened many years later, also worth noting that these came after hypnosis, which in itself can create num... [More]
Comment icon #170 Posted by scowl on 18 November, 2013, 0:10
UFO explained, produced in 1975. Cant remember page number but there is around 20 pages about Pascagoula. I just think its interesting that Klass claims to have heard this from two different people and yet never attacked this claim himself. I havent the info you ask but I will keep searching. OK I found my vintage copy of "UFOs Explained" in a box full of books on MS-DOS. Let me sum up the 20 pages here. Klass says that the "abduction" (his use of quotes) is not as detailed nor interesting as Barney and Betty Hill or the abduction of Brazilian farmer Antonio Villas-Boas. The location where the... [More]
Comment icon #171 Posted by psyche101 on 20 November, 2013, 6:43
The sonic boom from the Blackbird was but one, if it was attributed to the Pascagoula event, why only one boom? Or just FTB's putting 2 and 2 together to make 5?

NASA to digitize data from Viking landers
7-25-2016
The data recorded during the historic Viking Mars missions is set to be archived in digital form.
New Megaraptor dinosaur found in Argentina
7-25-2016
A new species of meat-eating dinosaur dating back to the Late Cretaceous has been unearthed in Patagonia.
Has 'Beast of Bodmin' mystery been solved ?
7-24-2016
A zoo owner has come forward with information that could help to explain the alien big cat phenomenon.
New metal is four times tougher than titanium
7-24-2016
Scientists have created a brand new type of super-metal by melting together titanium and gold.
Are great leaders born or made ?
Posted 7-25-2016 | 3 comments
What does it take to be a great leader and how does one go about accomplishing that ?

Real-life Pokemon
Posted 7-24-2016 | 1 comment
Are there any animals in the real world that could be considered actual real-life Pokemon ?

Trans-Atlantic solar powered flight
Posted 7-23-2016 | 0 comments
A look at Solar Impulse 2, the aircraft that crossed the Atlantic using the power of the sun.

The Earth from space
Posted 7-22-2016 | 0 comments
A view of our home planet as seen through the EPIC camera on the NOAA's DSCOVR satellite

How are Oreos made ?
Posted 7-21-2016 | 2 comments
A look at the manufacturing processes involved in the creation of Oreo cookies.

Light in Orion
7-23-2016 | Tampa, Florida

Girl with the broken neck
7-23-2016 | Mississippi

Holes in cotton clothing
7-23-2016 | Somerset, UK

Three knocks in the night
6-28-2016 | Cedar City, Utah