Tuesday, March 3, 2015   |   6,005 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Woman claims to have been healed by a ghost

Posted on Monday, 28 October, 2013 | Comment icon 49 comments

Tales of the ghost date back several centuries. Image Credit: sxc.hu

Diane Berthelot's rapid recovery has been attributed to an encounter with the ghost of the White Lady.

Diane had been suffering from an infection following the removal of her gall bladder and had been unwell for months when, during a day out with her husband, she decided to have a sit down for a while on a pew in the Worstead village church in Norfolk.

As her husband Peter wandered around the church taking photographs, Diane recalled feeling a sudden "warm and comfortable" sensation while praying for a full recovery. She thought little of it at the time, but when the couple went back over their photographs a few months later something unexpected turned up in one of the shots.

In a photograph of Diane sitting praying on a pew at the church, a white figure wearing a bonnet can be seen sitting directly behind her. "When we saw the white figure sitting behind me on the projector screen, we just stood there with our mouths open," she said.

"I came back, saw Diane sitting there and took the photo," said Peter. "I couldnít see anyone behind her but itís so clear on the image. Itís incredible."

A vicar at the church later told them that the White Lady was the legend of a healer who would appear to help the sick. According to the story, in 1830 a man climbed the belfry claiming that he would kiss the White Lady if he saw her. He was found huddled in a corner murmuring "I've seen her" over and over before dying a short time later.

The photograph taken at the church by Peter Berthelot can be viewed - here.

Source: Daily Express | Comments (49)

Tags: Ghost, Haunting

Comment icon #40 Posted by JesseCuster on 30 October, 2013, 15:37
Rejecting certain phenomena as being non-existent does not imply nihilism. Nihilism is the idea that life is inherently meaningless and attempts to find meaning in life are fruitless. How does die-hard skepticism about ghosts (or anything else) imply that life is inherently meaningless?
Comment icon #41 Posted by sam_comm on 30 October, 2013, 16:51
@JesseCuster You're refering to existential nihilism which is not what I mentionned. I was refering to a form of epistemological nihilism which can be viewed as an extreme form of skepticism on which all general knowledge or certain types of concepts and ideas are denied and dimissed according to one's point of view of reality.
Comment icon #42 Posted by TheGreatBeliever on 31 October, 2013, 12:42
I think this r just people's wishfull thinking. Some like to think they r the chosen one
Comment icon #43 Posted by sinewave on 31 October, 2013, 17:02
Yeah, there is a certain component of narcississism associated with many first hand reports.
Comment icon #44 Posted by Heroic Bishop on 3 November, 2013, 12:21
Well in relation to the original story, I am glad the old lady is better now, good luck to her....aaaaand if she wants to attribute that wellness to a camera flare or artifact that appeared in the image then more power to her. No white lady here i'm afraid. I have to say coming from the 'Express' newspaper I am really surprised that they didn't say it was the spirit of Princess Diana, as she appears in every single addition of their newspaper in one way or another.
Comment icon #45 Posted by AsylumSpirit on 4 November, 2013, 6:11
The second photo looks like a painting.
Comment icon #46 Posted by Duchess Gummybuns on 6 November, 2013, 21:19
Sounds like the plot to a sitcom/soap opera. "Living With The Specter"
Comment icon #47 Posted by EzyEllis on 7 November, 2013, 6:58
All hail mighty healing reflection glare
Comment icon #48 Posted by Lady Shade on 11 November, 2013, 22:16
New meaning to "Kiss of Death"?
Comment icon #49 Posted by baro67 on 24 November, 2013, 13:11
the transition from a State of skepticism (which IMHO is a synonym for blindness) to a State of openness towards the paranormal to be truly genuine must inevitably pass through personal experience...an experience that is inexplicable to me may very well be for a skeptic ...until the same thing happens to him ...I was skeptical but once certain experiences I have had I have opened my eyes ...yesterday that I read by the skeptics seemed Gospel ...Today they are just empty words

A stranger in the night
2-11-2015 | United states

A Connecticut haunting
12-15-2014 | New Milford, Connecticut

Luminous UFO in Scotland.
12-2-2014 | Black Loch, Limerigg, Scotland