Sunday, September 24, 2017

Clown struck by lightning twice in one day

Posted on Wednesday, 30 October, 2013 | Comment icon 23 comments

Wagner was struck twice. Image Credit: PD - Codalo
Rodeo clown Casey Wagner got more than he bargained for when he attended a driving event in Texas.
Wagner had been attending the "Rednecks With Paychecks" event in Saint Jo when the sudden appearance of a storm forced him to take shelter under a tree.

A few moments later Wagner found himself being struck by a bolt from the blue, not once but twice in rapid succession. "What I remember is just a loud boom and it dropped me to my knees - and then it hit me again," he said.

He recalled feeling the sensation of electricity passing up through his right boot and in to his body. "When I got hit, it was just two big old flashes and then sparks went everywhere," he said. "At the hospital they said the poncho I was wearing was carrying static because it was one of those plastic ones."

Despite his ordeal Wagner had a lucky escape. Doctors told him that the tingling sensation would disappear within a week but that he was otherwise unharmed. "I give everything to God," he said. "So I owe everything to him, he's the one that kept me alive. I can tell you one thing, I'm going to start going to church more."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (23)

Tags: Lightning

Comment icon #14 Posted by Calibeliever on 30 October, 2013, 22:52
That's a question that has vexed me for some time......Why do churches have lightning conductors fitted? Don't get me wrong. I'm on God's side here
Comment icon #15 Posted by ancient astronaut on 30 October, 2013, 23:03
Clowns are creepy any damn way!!
Comment icon #16 Posted by Nathan DiYorio on 31 October, 2013, 6:16
"I give everything to God," he said. "So I owe everything to him, he's the one that kept me alive. I can tell you one thing, I'm going to start going to church more." Uhm, not to be glib, but wasn't it God that struck you in the first place? Just saying. Yes. But not his god...
Comment icon #17 Posted by Heroic Bishop on 3 November, 2013, 12:03
Lesson number 1: Do not dress as a clown Lesson number 2: Don't attend redneck festivals Lesson number 3: Don't thank a fictional human construct such as god for surviving as if he did exist, he would probably be the one trying to headshot you with electricity
Comment icon #18 Posted by minera on 4 November, 2013, 22:32
my guess is a higher ower is trying to tell him to get a different job lol
Comment icon #19 Posted by csspwns on 5 November, 2013, 5:05
God is the one who got him struck lol.
Comment icon #20 Posted by HawkLord on 17 November, 2013, 3:05
I wonder if people near him said "Hey do you smell something funny burning?"
Comment icon #21 Posted by homo.liberis on 27 November, 2013, 19:26
I felt compelled to read this story. lol I am now entertained.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Mr. Smith on 2 December, 2013, 22:59
God hates clowns. Even Patch Adams got screwed.
Comment icon #23 Posted by freetoroam on 2 December, 2013, 23:26
"At the hospital they said the poncho I was wearing was carrying static because it was one of those plastic ones," he said. http://uk.news.yahoo...88.html#hRTQBwu Nature done what it does when it wants to do it, this is just another human being wearing the wrong thing at the right time.

Saudi Arabian textbook shows Yoda at the UN
9-23-2017
A doctored image of Yoda at the United Nations has somehow ended up in a history textbook.
Juno captures stunning new images of Jupiter
9-23-2017
NASA's Juno probe has sent back four breathtaking new images of the gas giant's swirling atmosphere.
100 people could live on the Moon by 2040
9-22-2017
ESA's ambitious 'Moon village' plan could see humans living on the lunar surface within 25 years.
Man who prevented World War 3 dies aged 77
9-22-2017
Former Soviet military officer Stanislav Petrov made a decision in 1983 that may have saved the world.
Will robots take over all our jobs ?
Posted 9-23-2017 | 1 comment
As computers become increasingly sophisticated, will there be any jobs left for us ?

Exploring Antarctica's hidden depths
Posted 9-22-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists investigate some of the wildlife hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

Science-fiction spacesuits
Posted 9-21-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage investigates a number of intricately detailed spacesuits used in movies.

Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY