Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Clown struck by lightning twice in one day

Posted on Wednesday, 30 October, 2013 | Comment icon 23 comments

Wagner was struck twice. Image Credit: PD - Codalo
Rodeo clown Casey Wagner got more than he bargained for when he attended a driving event in Texas.
Wagner had been attending the "Rednecks With Paychecks" event in Saint Jo when the sudden appearance of a storm forced him to take shelter under a tree.

A few moments later Wagner found himself being struck by a bolt from the blue, not once but twice in rapid succession. "What I remember is just a loud boom and it dropped me to my knees - and then it hit me again," he said.

He recalled feeling the sensation of electricity passing up through his right boot and in to his body. "When I got hit, it was just two big old flashes and then sparks went everywhere," he said. "At the hospital they said the poncho I was wearing was carrying static because it was one of those plastic ones."

Despite his ordeal Wagner had a lucky escape. Doctors told him that the tingling sensation would disappear within a week but that he was otherwise unharmed. "I give everything to God," he said. "So I owe everything to him, he's the one that kept me alive. I can tell you one thing, I'm going to start going to church more."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (23)

Tags: Lightning

Comment icon #14 Posted by Calibeliever on 30 October, 2013, 22:52
That's a question that has vexed me for some time......Why do churches have lightning conductors fitted? Don't get me wrong. I'm on God's side here
Comment icon #15 Posted by ancient astronaut on 30 October, 2013, 23:03
Clowns are creepy any damn way!!
Comment icon #16 Posted by Nathan DiYorio on 31 October, 2013, 6:16
"I give everything to God," he said. "So I owe everything to him, he's the one that kept me alive. I can tell you one thing, I'm going to start going to church more." Uhm, not to be glib, but wasn't it God that struck you in the first place? Just saying. Yes. But not his god...
Comment icon #17 Posted by Heroic Bishop on 3 November, 2013, 12:03
Lesson number 1: Do not dress as a clown Lesson number 2: Don't attend redneck festivals Lesson number 3: Don't thank a fictional human construct such as god for surviving as if he did exist, he would probably be the one trying to headshot you with electricity
Comment icon #18 Posted by minera on 4 November, 2013, 22:32
my guess is a higher ower is trying to tell him to get a different job lol
Comment icon #19 Posted by csspwns on 5 November, 2013, 5:05
God is the one who got him struck lol.
Comment icon #20 Posted by HawkLord on 17 November, 2013, 3:05
I wonder if people near him said "Hey do you smell something funny burning?"
Comment icon #21 Posted by homo.liberis on 27 November, 2013, 19:26
I felt compelled to read this story. lol I am now entertained.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Mr. Smith on 2 December, 2013, 22:59
God hates clowns. Even Patch Adams got screwed.
Comment icon #23 Posted by freetoroam on 2 December, 2013, 23:26
"At the hospital they said the poncho I was wearing was carrying static because it was one of those plastic ones," he said. http://uk.news.yahoo...88.html#hRTQBwu Nature done what it does when it wants to do it, this is just another human being wearing the wrong thing at the right time.

Melting glaciers could expose Cold War base
9-27-2016
A secret US facility hidden beneath the ice is believed to contain significant amounts of nuclear waste.
NASA has discovered water plumes on Europa
9-27-2016
The find could make it much easier to search for evidence of extraterrestrial life in Europa's oceans.
Company creates huge clock out of 14 trucks
9-26-2016
The massive 750,000 square-foot timepiece was run for a whole 24 hours using an army of large lorries.
We are all living in a directionless universe
9-26-2016
A new study has revealed that, in all likelihood, the universe is expanding equally in all directions.
Elephants unite
Posted 9-27-2016 | 0 comments
Two elephant families decide to join together on the plains of Africa in this BBC wildlife clip.

Why do we get pruney fingers in water ?
Posted 9-26-2016 | 2 comments
Why do your fingers turn in to prunes when you stay in the bath too long ?

Crushing shoes
Posted 9-25-2016 | 0 comments
What happens when you crush shoes in a high-powered hydraulic press ?

Meet the human torch
Posted 9-24-2016 | 0 comments
Josef Toedtling from Austria has made a successful career out of setting himself on fire.

Real plutonium
Posted 9-23-2016 | 0 comments
A rare look at some of the different plutonium compounds stored at the National Nuclear Laboratory.

Black magic
9-27-2016 | Mineral Wells, Texas

Crying mother
9-27-2016 | Centrol Mexico

Red-faced monster
9-14-2016 | Lox Florida

Locked door
9-14-2016 | Ho Chi Minh city/Vietnam

The visit
9-9-2016 | West Palm Beach, Fl

Translucent silent UFO
9-9-2016 | Brisbane/Australia

Sleep paralysis and strange activity
9-1-2016 | Tarpon Springs, FL