Friday, July 21, 2017

Clown struck by lightning twice in one day

Posted on Wednesday, 30 October, 2013 | Comment icon 23 comments

Wagner was struck twice. Image Credit: PD - Codalo
Rodeo clown Casey Wagner got more than he bargained for when he attended a driving event in Texas.
Wagner had been attending the "Rednecks With Paychecks" event in Saint Jo when the sudden appearance of a storm forced him to take shelter under a tree.

A few moments later Wagner found himself being struck by a bolt from the blue, not once but twice in rapid succession. "What I remember is just a loud boom and it dropped me to my knees - and then it hit me again," he said.

He recalled feeling the sensation of electricity passing up through his right boot and in to his body. "When I got hit, it was just two big old flashes and then sparks went everywhere," he said. "At the hospital they said the poncho I was wearing was carrying static because it was one of those plastic ones."

Despite his ordeal Wagner had a lucky escape. Doctors told him that the tingling sensation would disappear within a week but that he was otherwise unharmed. "I give everything to God," he said. "So I owe everything to him, he's the one that kept me alive. I can tell you one thing, I'm going to start going to church more."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (23)

Tags: Lightning

Comment icon #14 Posted by Calibeliever on 30 October, 2013, 22:52
That's a question that has vexed me for some time......Why do churches have lightning conductors fitted? Don't get me wrong. I'm on God's side here
Comment icon #15 Posted by ancient astronaut on 30 October, 2013, 23:03
Clowns are creepy any damn way!!
Comment icon #16 Posted by Nathan DiYorio on 31 October, 2013, 6:16
"I give everything to God," he said. "So I owe everything to him, he's the one that kept me alive. I can tell you one thing, I'm going to start going to church more." Uhm, not to be glib, but wasn't it God that struck you in the first place? Just saying. Yes. But not his god...
Comment icon #17 Posted by Heroic Bishop on 3 November, 2013, 12:03
Lesson number 1: Do not dress as a clown Lesson number 2: Don't attend redneck festivals Lesson number 3: Don't thank a fictional human construct such as god for surviving as if he did exist, he would probably be the one trying to headshot you with electricity
Comment icon #18 Posted by minera on 4 November, 2013, 22:32
my guess is a higher ower is trying to tell him to get a different job lol
Comment icon #19 Posted by csspwns on 5 November, 2013, 5:05
God is the one who got him struck lol.
Comment icon #20 Posted by HawkLord on 17 November, 2013, 3:05
I wonder if people near him said "Hey do you smell something funny burning?"
Comment icon #21 Posted by homo.liberis on 27 November, 2013, 19:26
I felt compelled to read this story. lol I am now entertained.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Mr. Smith on 2 December, 2013, 22:59
God hates clowns. Even Patch Adams got screwed.
Comment icon #23 Posted by freetoroam on 2 December, 2013, 23:26
"At the hospital they said the poncho I was wearing was carrying static because it was one of those plastic ones," he said. http://uk.news.yahoo...88.html#hRTQBwu Nature done what it does when it wants to do it, this is just another human being wearing the wrong thing at the right time.

SpaceX ditches plans for 2018 Mars landing
7-21-2017
Plans to land a modified version of the company's reusable Dragon capsule on Mars have been scrapped.
Today marks 48 years since first Moon landing
7-20-2017
Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong made history when they set foot on the lunar surface 48 years ago today.
Australia find 'rewrites the history books'
7-20-2017
Archaeologists now believe that Australia was colonized 18,000 years earlier than previously thought.
Top US general warns against killer robots
7-19-2017
General Paul Selva has spoken out about the dangers of creating fully autonomous weapon systems.
Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

How do fireworks get their colors ?
Posted 7-19-2017 | 0 comments
Fireworks are well known for their colorful explosions, but where do the colors come from ?

The man who swims towards sharks
Posted 7-18-2017 | 1 comment
Marine biologist Yannis doesn't avoid sharks, he deliberately seeks them out.

Dog for mayor ?
Posted 7-17-2017 | 1 comment
What happens exactly when a town votes for a dog or a cat to be the mayor ? How does this work ?

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI

Craig is here
6-10-2017 | Phoenix AZ

We saw the same thing!
6-10-2017 | Pooler, GA

Three female faces
6-5-2017 | Illinois (IL)

Encounter at 3:33 AM
6-5-2017 | Budapest

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.