Saturday, December 3, 2016

Clown struck by lightning twice in one day

Posted on Wednesday, 30 October, 2013 | Comment icon 23 comments

Wagner was struck twice. Image Credit: PD - Codalo
Rodeo clown Casey Wagner got more than he bargained for when he attended a driving event in Texas.
Wagner had been attending the "Rednecks With Paychecks" event in Saint Jo when the sudden appearance of a storm forced him to take shelter under a tree.

A few moments later Wagner found himself being struck by a bolt from the blue, not once but twice in rapid succession. "What I remember is just a loud boom and it dropped me to my knees - and then it hit me again," he said.

He recalled feeling the sensation of electricity passing up through his right boot and in to his body. "When I got hit, it was just two big old flashes and then sparks went everywhere," he said. "At the hospital they said the poncho I was wearing was carrying static because it was one of those plastic ones."

Despite his ordeal Wagner had a lucky escape. Doctors told him that the tingling sensation would disappear within a week but that he was otherwise unharmed. "I give everything to God," he said. "So I owe everything to him, he's the one that kept me alive. I can tell you one thing, I'm going to start going to church more."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (23)

Tags: Lightning

Comment icon #14 Posted by Calibeliever on 30 October, 2013, 22:52
That's a question that has vexed me for some time......Why do churches have lightning conductors fitted? Don't get me wrong. I'm on God's side here
Comment icon #15 Posted by ancient astronaut on 30 October, 2013, 23:03
Clowns are creepy any damn way!!
Comment icon #16 Posted by Nathan DiYorio on 31 October, 2013, 6:16
"I give everything to God," he said. "So I owe everything to him, he's the one that kept me alive. I can tell you one thing, I'm going to start going to church more." Uhm, not to be glib, but wasn't it God that struck you in the first place? Just saying. Yes. But not his god...
Comment icon #17 Posted by Heroic Bishop on 3 November, 2013, 12:03
Lesson number 1: Do not dress as a clown Lesson number 2: Don't attend redneck festivals Lesson number 3: Don't thank a fictional human construct such as god for surviving as if he did exist, he would probably be the one trying to headshot you with electricity
Comment icon #18 Posted by minera on 4 November, 2013, 22:32
my guess is a higher ower is trying to tell him to get a different job lol
Comment icon #19 Posted by csspwns on 5 November, 2013, 5:05
God is the one who got him struck lol.
Comment icon #20 Posted by HawkLord on 17 November, 2013, 3:05
I wonder if people near him said "Hey do you smell something funny burning?"
Comment icon #21 Posted by homo.liberis on 27 November, 2013, 19:26
I felt compelled to read this story. lol I am now entertained.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Mr. Smith on 2 December, 2013, 22:59
God hates clowns. Even Patch Adams got screwed.
Comment icon #23 Posted by freetoroam on 2 December, 2013, 23:26
"At the hospital they said the poncho I was wearing was carrying static because it was one of those plastic ones," he said. http://uk.news.yahoo...88.html#hRTQBwu Nature done what it does when it wants to do it, this is just another human being wearing the wrong thing at the right time.

Giant air-breathing fish found in the Amazon
12-3-2016
A new species of the mysterious arapaima has been discovered in the remote backwaters of the Amazon.
Two new video clips show alleged thylacines
12-3-2016
The Thylacine Awareness Group of Australia has released two new clips recorded using a trail camera.
Full-scale 'Titanic' being built in China
12-3-2016
The life-size replica of the ill-fated vessel will even feature a simulation of the iceberg collision.
Man is attempting to swim across the Atlantic
12-2-2016
British swimmer Ben Hooper has embarked on a seemingly impossible feat of strength and endurance.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
Jumping widowbirds
Posted 12-3-2016 | 2 comments
These male widowbirds are competing to see which of them can jump the highest.

Why do we like shiny things ?
Posted 12-2-2016 | 6 comments
Why do we seem to be intrinsically drawn from an early age to shiny objects ?

Why are dogs so different ?
Posted 12-1-2016 | 4 comments
Despite being the same species, various breeds of dogs can be very different indeed.

Pulling a fire engine
Posted 11-30-2016 | 0 comments
Strongman Kevin Fast and his two sons manage to pull a fire engine over 100ft.

How to jump from the edge of space
Posted 11-29-2016 | 2 comments
In 2014, Alan Eustace donned a special spacesuit and jumped from over 135,000 feet.

Not my daughter