Saturday, April 29, 2017

Working Batmobile goes on sale for $1 million

Posted on Tuesday, 4 March, 2014 | Comment icon 19 comments

The Batmobile arrives on the red carpet. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Cristiano Betta
A fully functioning and roadworthy 'Tumbler' Batmobile has now been made available for purchase.
Costing a whopping $1 million, the highly accurate replica not only looks the part but can also be legally driven on the streets as well. The famous vehicle was used by Christian Bale's Batman in all three of Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" movies.

In addition to its iconic status the Tumbler comes complete with driver-assist cameras, Bluetooth connectivity, GPS and a DVD player. Fans of the movies however may be disappointed to learn that it does not come with Batman's usual arsenal of advanced weaponry or the ability to convert in to a two-wheeler when things get dicey.

The original Batmobile, the one designed by George Barris for use in the 1960s TV series, was sold at auction last year for a staggering $4.2 million.

Source: Sky News | Comments (19)

Tags: Batman, Batmobile

Comment icon #10 Posted by freetoroam on 4 March, 2014, 13:27
Of course! You can even use them together. Now thats smart.
Comment icon #11 Posted by coldethyl on 4 March, 2014, 19:01
I'd rather have the Adam West batmobile that is made out of actual metal.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Calibeliever on 4 March, 2014, 19:21
Oh yeeeaahh .... daddy like!
Comment icon #13 Posted by MJNYC on 4 March, 2014, 20:13
It's too geometrically intense for my tastes. Like Picasso. Love this!! Now I know why I don't like Picasso! This describes it perfectly! Thank you
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 4 March, 2014, 20:20
Is that the one that the guy tried to sell on "Pawn Stars"? No, that one was a replica from the Keaton Batman movie.
Comment icon #15 Posted by DumpsterJesus on 4 March, 2014, 22:00
Love this!! Now I know why I don't like Picasso! This describes it perfectly! Thank you I'm glad I could help. I never liked his work. I wouldn't mind stumbling across one of his works in my attic though.
Comment icon #16 Posted by JVG on 5 March, 2014, 21:21
What a million bucks and no weapons. Forget it!!
Comment icon #17 Posted by coolguy on 6 March, 2014, 5:09
Very cool, kinda shaped like a f117 night hawk,
Comment icon #18 Posted by Alliex on 24 March, 2014, 13:48
Comment icon #19 Posted by JVG on 29 March, 2014, 0:03
Wow, what a car to be able to own! I wonder how many heads would turn when you drive that down the street haha! Love it My first car was a 1963 Ford Falcon wagon, jet black and top speed was about 55 with the windows closed!! Going on level, up hill it dropped to 30 mph.

Real-life Iron Man shows off suit in Vancouver
4-29-2017
The inventor of the impressive flying suit demonstrated his creation at this week's TED conference.
Cassini survives, returns breathtaking images
4-29-2017
NASA's Cassini spacecraft has captured a series of impressive new photos during its death-defying dive.
Time travel is 'mathematically possible'
4-29-2017
According to Professor Ben Tippett, traveling through time is not outside the realms of possibility.
Distant 'ice ball' exoplanet discovered
4-28-2017
Scientists have announced the discovery of a freezing Earth-mass world 13,000 light years away.
Giant Rolo
Posted 4-29-2017 | 0 comments
Barry and James create the world's largest Rolo using piles and piles of chocolate.

Gliding leaf frogs
Posted 4-28-2017 | 0 comments
These remarkable amphibians use their webbed feet to help them glide through the air.

Venus flytrap anemone
Posted 4-27-2017 | 0 comments
A look at one particularly unusual creature which lives down at the bottom of the ocean.

Lightning seen from space
Posted 4-26-2017 | 0 comments
Astronaut Thomas Pesquet captured this footage from the International Space Station.

Slo Mo Guys Inception
Posted 4-25-2017 | 0 comments
Gav and Dan attempt to recreate a scene from Inception involving a bath of cold water.

Is the Boar Man real ?
4-26-2017 | Wichita Mountains, Oklahoma

Possessed boom box 1988
4-26-2017 | Santa Ana

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles