Monday, December 5, 2016

Working Batmobile goes on sale for $1 million

Posted on Tuesday, 4 March, 2014 | Comment icon 19 comments

The Batmobile arrives on the red carpet. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Cristiano Betta
A fully functioning and roadworthy 'Tumbler' Batmobile has now been made available for purchase.
Costing a whopping $1 million, the highly accurate replica not only looks the part but can also be legally driven on the streets as well. The famous vehicle was used by Christian Bale's Batman in all three of Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" movies.

In addition to its iconic status the Tumbler comes complete with driver-assist cameras, Bluetooth connectivity, GPS and a DVD player. Fans of the movies however may be disappointed to learn that it does not come with Batman's usual arsenal of advanced weaponry or the ability to convert in to a two-wheeler when things get dicey.

The original Batmobile, the one designed by George Barris for use in the 1960s TV series, was sold at auction last year for a staggering $4.2 million.

Source: Sky News | Comments (19)

Tags: Batman, Batmobile

Comment icon #10 Posted by freetoroam on 4 March, 2014, 13:27
Of course! You can even use them together. Now thats smart.
Comment icon #11 Posted by coldethyl on 4 March, 2014, 19:01
I'd rather have the Adam West batmobile that is made out of actual metal.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Calibeliever on 4 March, 2014, 19:21
Oh yeeeaahh .... daddy like!
Comment icon #13 Posted by MJNYC on 4 March, 2014, 20:13
It's too geometrically intense for my tastes. Like Picasso. Love this!! Now I know why I don't like Picasso! This describes it perfectly! Thank you
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 4 March, 2014, 20:20
Is that the one that the guy tried to sell on "Pawn Stars"? No, that one was a replica from the Keaton Batman movie.
Comment icon #15 Posted by DumpsterJesus on 4 March, 2014, 22:00
Love this!! Now I know why I don't like Picasso! This describes it perfectly! Thank you I'm glad I could help. I never liked his work. I wouldn't mind stumbling across one of his works in my attic though.
Comment icon #16 Posted by JVG on 5 March, 2014, 21:21
What a million bucks and no weapons. Forget it!!
Comment icon #17 Posted by coolguy on 6 March, 2014, 5:09
Very cool, kinda shaped like a f117 night hawk,
Comment icon #18 Posted by Alliex on 24 March, 2014, 13:48
Comment icon #19 Posted by JVG on 29 March, 2014, 0:03
Wow, what a car to be able to own! I wonder how many heads would turn when you drive that down the street haha! Love it My first car was a 1963 Ford Falcon wagon, jet black and top speed was about 55 with the windows closed!! Going on level, up hill it dropped to 30 mph.

AI predicts the future by watching videos
12-5-2016
An artificial intelligence is learning how to anticipate what is going to happen in the next few seconds.
Virgin Galactic test flight proves a success
12-5-2016
Richard Branson's fledgling space tourism firm is back on track following a fatal crash two years ago.
Could alien life thrive on brown dwarf stars?
12-4-2016
Extrasolar planets may not be the only place where it is possible to find signs of extraterrestrial life.
Buzz Aldrin is evacuated from Antarctica
12-4-2016
The Apollo 11 astronaut fell ill just after becoming the oldest person ever to visit the South Pole.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
World's longest shout
Posted 12-5-2016 | 0 comments
Christian Kinner from Germany managed to shout for over 43 seconds non-stop.

Top 10 facts about James Webb Telescope
Posted 12-4-2016 | 0 comments
A look at the upcoming orbital observatory and what it will see in the depths of space.

Jumping widowbirds
Posted 12-3-2016 | 2 comments
These male widowbirds are competing to see which of them can jump the highest.

Why do we like shiny things ?
Posted 12-2-2016 | 7 comments
Why do we seem to be intrinsically drawn from an early age to shiny objects ?

Why are dogs so different ?
Posted 12-1-2016 | 5 comments
Despite being the same species, various breeds of dogs can be very different indeed.

Not my daughter