Friday, August 18, 2017

Creepy clown terrifies Staten Island

Posted on Wednesday, 26 March, 2014 | Comment icon 43 comments

Who is the mystery clown ? Image Credit: YouTube / Creepythings / Vic Dibitetto
A mysterious man dressed as a clown has been appearing on streets all over the New York borough.
In a strange echo of the creepy clown phenomenon that freaked out Northampton in the UK last September, people have been taking to social media sites to post photographs and sightings of another creepy clown figure that has been popping up all over New York's Staten Island.

With a devilish grin and a handful of balloons, the peculiar clown has been sighted standing on street corners and at the side of roads waving and staring at passers-by. It isn't clear whether the person in the costume is a copycat of the Northampton clown or if there's something else going on.

One popular theory at the moment is that the reports are a publicity stunt for Staten Island based film company "Fuzz on the Lens Productions" after several people associated with the firm posted an image of the clown on their social networking pages.

Source: New York Daily News | Comments (43)

Tags: Clown, Staten Island, New York

Comment icon #34 Posted by FizzPuff on 30 March, 2014, 21:19
They all float down here Jimmy...they all float! *sees Tim Curry in a clown costume and is now less scary*
Comment icon #35 Posted by Chaldera on 31 March, 2014, 13:27
First thing I thought of too. Considering what Gacey did, it is honestly amazing this guy has not been lynched as a precaution. To be frank, it seems a downright stupid thing to do. The pic looks creepy to me. I prefer Harlequins. Looking at that picture, there are days I wish I was Mr. J...
Comment icon #36 Posted by scowl on 31 March, 2014, 16:43
Something like this?? Nothing that looks that professional.
Comment icon #37 Posted by EllJay on 31 March, 2014, 17:41
Nothing that looks that professional. I would have a heart attack if I met this guy in an alley some dark night. He might be very nice and all, but he looks like a effin demon.
Comment icon #38 Posted by Rafterman on 1 April, 2014, 10:51
Movie company publicity stunt. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/03/28/horror-movie-studio-staten-island-clown-was-just-a-joke/ Or maybe that's just what THEY want you to think?
Comment icon #39 Posted by theotherguy on 3 April, 2014, 22:32
If I ever got to know one of those people, I would entertain myself by flipping magnets at them while they weren't looking.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Sena on 5 April, 2014, 10:33
Don't people have better things to do than dressing up as a clown and scaring people
Comment icon #41 Posted by Lilly on 5 April, 2014, 11:42
I'm surprized the cops didn't pick up this guy for loitering and question him?
Comment icon #42 Posted by RhiannonB77 on 18 April, 2014, 0:17
Of course it's a stunt. Although clowns to creep me out.
Comment icon #43 Posted by Midyin on 22 April, 2014, 22:50
Clowns never terrified me as a kid. Quite the opposite, actually. And this guy looks like a regular, streotypical, boring clown - nothing creepy about him. I still hate clowns... _

Mars rovers to focus on the search for life
8-18-2017
Two upcoming Mars rover missions will attempt to determine if the Red Planet was once home to life.
Thieves in Germany steal 20 tons of chocolate
8-18-2017
The unusual heist saw a trailer loaded with confectionery being driven away in the town of Neustadt.
Mystery of distant Kuiper Belt object deepens
8-17-2017
The next target of NASA's New Horizons probe is a space rock with some rather intriguing properties.
Scientists solve animal evolution mystery
8-17-2017
A sea algae boom has been credited with the rise of the first complex life forms in Earth's distant past.
Adam Savage meets an alien
Posted 8-18-2017 | 1 comment
The former MythBuster checks out the animatronic alien from the movie Alien Covenant.

Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY

Shapeshifter
8-18-2017 | Cranbrook British Columbia

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia