Sunday, April 30, 2017

Creepy clown terrifies Staten Island

Posted on Wednesday, 26 March, 2014 | Comment icon 43 comments

Who is the mystery clown ? Image Credit: YouTube / Creepythings / Vic Dibitetto
A mysterious man dressed as a clown has been appearing on streets all over the New York borough.
In a strange echo of the creepy clown phenomenon that freaked out Northampton in the UK last September, people have been taking to social media sites to post photographs and sightings of another creepy clown figure that has been popping up all over New York's Staten Island.

With a devilish grin and a handful of balloons, the peculiar clown has been sighted standing on street corners and at the side of roads waving and staring at passers-by. It isn't clear whether the person in the costume is a copycat of the Northampton clown or if there's something else going on.

One popular theory at the moment is that the reports are a publicity stunt for Staten Island based film company "Fuzz on the Lens Productions" after several people associated with the firm posted an image of the clown on their social networking pages.

Source: New York Daily News | Comments (43)

Tags: Clown, Staten Island, New York

Comment icon #34 Posted by FizzPuff on 30 March, 2014, 21:19
They all float down here Jimmy...they all float! *sees Tim Curry in a clown costume and is now less scary*
Comment icon #35 Posted by Chaldera on 31 March, 2014, 13:27
First thing I thought of too. Considering what Gacey did, it is honestly amazing this guy has not been lynched as a precaution. To be frank, it seems a downright stupid thing to do. The pic looks creepy to me. I prefer Harlequins. Looking at that picture, there are days I wish I was Mr. J...
Comment icon #36 Posted by scowl on 31 March, 2014, 16:43
Something like this?? Nothing that looks that professional.
Comment icon #37 Posted by EllJay on 31 March, 2014, 17:41
Nothing that looks that professional. I would have a heart attack if I met this guy in an alley some dark night. He might be very nice and all, but he looks like a effin demon.
Comment icon #38 Posted by Rafterman on 1 April, 2014, 10:51
Movie company publicity stunt. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/03/28/horror-movie-studio-staten-island-clown-was-just-a-joke/ Or maybe that's just what THEY want you to think?
Comment icon #39 Posted by theotherguy on 3 April, 2014, 22:32
If I ever got to know one of those people, I would entertain myself by flipping magnets at them while they weren't looking.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Sena on 5 April, 2014, 10:33
Don't people have better things to do than dressing up as a clown and scaring people
Comment icon #41 Posted by Lilly on 5 April, 2014, 11:42
I'm surprized the cops didn't pick up this guy for loitering and question him?
Comment icon #42 Posted by RhiannonB77 on 18 April, 2014, 0:17
Of course it's a stunt. Although clowns to creep me out.
Comment icon #43 Posted by Midyin on 22 April, 2014, 22:50
Clowns never terrified me as a kid. Quite the opposite, actually. And this guy looks like a regular, streotypical, boring clown - nothing creepy about him. I still hate clowns... _

Real-life Iron Man shows off suit in Vancouver
4-29-2017
The inventor of the impressive flying suit demonstrated his creation at this week's TED conference.
Cassini survives, returns breathtaking images
4-29-2017
NASA's Cassini spacecraft has captured a series of impressive new photos during its death-defying dive.
Time travel is 'mathematically possible'
4-29-2017
According to Professor Ben Tippett, traveling through time is not outside the realms of possibility.
Distant 'ice ball' exoplanet discovered
4-28-2017
Scientists have announced the discovery of a freezing Earth-mass world 13,000 light years away.
Giant Rolo
Posted 4-29-2017 | 1 comment
Barry and James create the world's largest Rolo using piles and piles of chocolate.

Gliding leaf frogs
Posted 4-28-2017 | 0 comments
These remarkable amphibians use their webbed feet to help them glide through the air.

Venus flytrap anemone
Posted 4-27-2017 | 0 comments
A look at one particularly unusual creature which lives down at the bottom of the ocean.

Lightning seen from space
Posted 4-26-2017 | 0 comments
Astronaut Thomas Pesquet captured this footage from the International Space Station.

Slo Mo Guys Inception
Posted 4-25-2017 | 0 comments
Gav and Dan attempt to recreate a scene from Inception involving a bath of cold water.

Is the Boar Man real ?
4-26-2017 | Wichita Mountains, Oklahoma

Possessed boom box 1988
4-26-2017 | Santa Ana

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles