Tuesday, May 26, 2015   |   5,668 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Toilet snake fuels panic in northern Spain

Posted on Tuesday, 27 May, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

Residents have been advised to check their toilets. Image Credit: PD - Whkoh
Mass hysteria erupted in the Spanish town of Naron when a snake emerged from a woman's toilet bowl.
30-year-old hairdresser Iris Castroverde had been using the facilities at her home at around 11pm when a brightly-colored green and yellow snake emerged from the u-bend and sank its teeth squarely in to her posterior.

When she turned around to flush she was shocked to see the reptile, which measured about 20cm in length, disappearing back down the drain. The bite wasn't fatal but did require hospital treatment.

"It's been the talk of the town for days," said her upstairs neighbors. "The whole suburb's gone psychotic because of this creature." Residents of the building have since taken to flushing bleach down the drains and checking their bathrooms on a regular basis.

Police officers were called in to investigate the incident but concluded that the snake had long gone.

Source: The Local | Comments (16)

Tags: Snake, Spain, Hysteria

Comment icon #7 Posted by Lilly on 28 May, 2014, 10:14
I once had a small garter snake in my downstairs walk in shower...but he was harmless and I just took him back outside. Not sure I like the idea of a 'toilet snake' very much though.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Astra00 on 28 May, 2014, 10:19
At least it wasn't an Aussie Eastern Brown snake. That's one very mean snake...you are dead in only a matter of minutes. Still, not a pleasant thing at all to have snakes in the water pipes.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Sir Smoke aLot on 28 May, 2014, 10:44
Oh... When i was kid i was sometimes scared of snakes when go into bathroom. Under shower for example, i was alerted all times I hope this old fear wont return after seeing this @Sir Wearer of Hats, my respect sir
Comment icon #10 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: on 28 May, 2014, 16:09
On the bright side, if an unexpected snake bite scares the crap out of you, atleast you were already sitting down on the toilet bowl.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Eldorado on 28 May, 2014, 16:10
It bit her on the backside so was probably an asp.
Comment icon #12 Posted by SaraT on 28 May, 2014, 19:45
OMG thanks for my worst nightmare!
Comment icon #13 Posted by spud the mackem on 28 May, 2014, 22:27
Good job it wasn't an alligator, which haunt some sewer pipes in the U.S.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Honor Grace on 29 May, 2014, 7:02
Once I got up to use the toilet in the mid-night. without turning on any lights. as I began to sit down I noticed something in the bowl- I assumed it was a bottle of lotion or some such that the cat had knocked down from the shelves over the back of the tank. I turned on the light and discovered a HUGE rat, thankfully dead as could be. This was the only time since my divorce many years before where I truly wished there was another person to whom I could yell " Honey! Come get the rat out of the toilet pronto, please!" Since this was not an option ( my young daughter would... [More]
Comment icon #15 Posted by TheGreatBeliever on 29 May, 2014, 15:26
if was a male snake it wouldnt want a partner no more
Comment icon #16 Posted by AliveInDeath7 on 3 June, 2014, 1:56
Oh god, don't even suggest anything of the sort.

Other recent forum topics
Forum icon
Vortex in my bedroom ?
5-26-2015 | Ontario, Canada

The honeymoon couple
5-26-2015 | Tybee Island, GA

Grandma Thomas' back room
5-16-2015 | Russiaville, Indiana

A house that has tales to tell
4-22-2015 | Dublin, Ireland

Four in one strange goings-on
3-30-2015 | South Sweden

A light shining in the night
3-30-2015 | Sawtry, Cambridgeshire, UK