Friday, July 28, 2017

Russian man orders ducks to attention

Posted on Thursday, 7 August, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

The ducks knew when to stand to attention. Image Credit: YouTube / Serun Berkus
An amazing video showing a man with an unusual skill for assembling ducks has gone viral this week.
In the video the man, who emerges from a barn to find the ducks scattered around all over the place, lets out an almighty shout to which the aquatic birds react by immediately gathering together in to a single group reminiscent of a military formation.

As the man continues to shout the ducks march together in to the barn without even a single straggler. It isn't clear what the man is actually saying but whatever it is the ducks seem to know exactly what to do when they hear it.

Source: Metro | Comments (16)

Tags: Ducks, Russia

Comment icon #7 Posted by bubblykiss on 7 August, 2014, 22:54
I will be impressed when he orders them to pluck themselves before jumping into the oven.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Harte on 7 August, 2014, 23:22
Got a duck one Easter when I was a kid. Difference with this duck is that he lived. He'd swim in the tub when he was small. He knew his name (Sam) and followed us all around. He'd come when we called him. When he grew up, we took him to the lake with letting him go being the plan. We picnicked while he swam around the lake, and he came back so we all went swimming with him. When it was time to go, he trotted out of the lake and jumped into the van with the rest of us. We took him all the time after that. Neighborhood cats finally got him a couple of years later. Birds (at least ducks) are smar... [More]
Comment icon #9 Posted by JVG on 7 August, 2014, 23:31
Talk about getting all of your ducks in a row...
Comment icon #10 Posted by Michelle on 7 August, 2014, 23:32
Kinda what I was thinking, Harte. Our ducks followed us around and came when called like dogs. I had rabbits that were litter trained like cats too. lol
Comment icon #11 Posted by danielost on 8 August, 2014, 0:45
I saw an episode of peppers, where they man had trained his goats to bug out. He would yell bug out and the goats would all load up on the trailer.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Sir Smoke aLot on 8 August, 2014, 11:09
This guy is amazing, i have problems with making only one dog obey me
Comment icon #13 Posted by Hawkin on 8 August, 2014, 23:48
I bet they associate his yelling with feeding time in the barn. I had a cat that would come running out in the kitchen when I tapped on a can of cat food with a spoon.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Scheming B on 8 August, 2014, 23:52
in the movie XMEN 3, mutants had a number about their power. like magneto was a class5 mutant. that dude, with the super ability to control ducks, must be a mutant class 0.5 You say that now, but what's the plan when a flock of ducks suddenly attack you at this dude's command?
Comment icon #15 Posted by Rei4ever on 10 August, 2014, 8:05
This guy must have undergo the russian sleep experiment...
Comment icon #16 Posted by minera on 11 August, 2014, 4:48
wow if someone yelled like that I would be right behind the ducks. He meant business

Rare full circle rainbow filmed over Russia
7-28-2017
A crane operator working on a construction site has recorded footage of a 360-degree rainbow.
First extrasolar moon potentially discovered
7-28-2017
Astronomers believe that they may have found, for the first time, a moon orbiting an extrasolar planet.
Conjoined bat twins discovered in rainforest
7-28-2017
The extremely rare find is one of only a few examples of conjoined twins ever seen outside of humans.
California residents report 'Chupacabra'
7-27-2017
Alleged sightings of the cryptozoological creature have sparked concerns over the safety of local pets.
Hyperloop test
Posted 7-28-2017 | 1 comment
A look at the first successful test ride of the Hyperloop - a futuristic transportation system.

Octopus goes for a walk
Posted 7-27-2017 | 4 comments
As this video shows, not all octopus' limit their exploration to the bottom of the sea.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI