Monday, July 24, 2017

Paranormal activity scares away five nannies

Posted on Saturday, 17 June, 2017 | Comment icon 18 comments

Would you take a job inside a haunted house ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
A couple in the Scottish Borders have struggled to find a nanny that will stay in their 'haunted' home.
With a $64,000 a year paycheck and the chance to live inside a luxurious and historic Scottish country mansion, the job might seem ideal for anyone looking to earn a living as a live-in nanny.

Bizarrely however, the couple who own the building have been struggling to find a nanny who will stay the course due to the amount of paranormal activity that has been occurring there.

"We have lived in our home for nearly 10 years," the couple wrote. "We were told it was 'haunted' when we bought it, but kept our minds open and decided to buy the house regardless."

"Five nannies have left the role in the last year, each citing supernatural incidents as the reason, including strange noises, broken glass and furniture moving."

Despite these setbacks however the pair are still hoping to find someone who will stay.

"We haven't personally experienced any supernatural happenings, as they have been reported only while we've been out of the house, but we're happy to pay above the asking rate, and feel it's important to be as up-front as possible to find the right person," they wrote.

"We are keen to find the perfect long-term nanny, so if you'd like to be considered for this rewarding and exciting position, please do get in touch with us."

Source: BBC News | Comments (18)

Tags: Ghost, Paranormal

Comment icon #9 Posted by Matt221 on 19 June, 2017, 16:29
I've all ready had my CRB check for my job I'm in now ....... I wonder if they want a bloke nanny, a manny lol
Comment icon #10 Posted by freetoroam on 19 June, 2017, 16:35
LOL,...ah, the lovely little cherubs have nothing to do with this!!! I would take the job, and I can guarantee once the children have grown up and move home, the "haunting`s" will stop.
Comment icon #11 Posted by HauntedDreams80 on 20 June, 2017, 14:26
When can I move in?
Comment icon #12 Posted by NuclearImplosion on 23 June, 2017, 19:49
I have the same suspicions.  Too convenient that the owners haven't noticed a haunting that has driving away 5 nannies. No comment on what the kids saw or didn't see, either. Would make for a good book plot, though.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Adampadum123 on 26 June, 2017, 2:49
Indeed I love how the world we live in holds so many mysteries
Comment icon #14 Posted by Black Monk on 1 July, 2017, 11:19
Hiring babysitters is fairly standard practice the world over.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Danny Richard on 1 July, 2017, 14:09
AT £50k if it was stuffed to the gunnels with spooks I'm not sure that I would give a monkeys! Where do I apply?!
Comment icon #16 Posted by quiXilver on 1 July, 2017, 19:34
Yup.  That standard practice is alien to me.  And to conflate Sitters and Nannies seems a real stretch.  Pretty clear distinction between a Sitter who comes for a couple hours occasionally and Nannies, hired to a full time position of daily surrogate parenting rather than an occasional visitor/sitter. We used a sitter on two occasions while our son was younger.   We realized both times afterwards, that we prefer to be together, rather than go off and be without him, so we didn't go in for sitters either here.   As for standard practices... there is just no gravity in that at all.  There are co... [More]
Comment icon #17 Posted by OrdinaryClay on 18 July, 2017, 11:28
I'm amazed that someone who can pay that much for a nanny cannot seem to hire someone as smart as people on the internet. Who'd a thought all five would not suspect the children. Who'd a thought all five would not be highly motivated enough to keep such a sweet job.
Comment icon #18 Posted by OrdinaryClay on 18 July, 2017, 11:44
Hey, maybe this is just like Home Alone II but with Nannies and dumber parents (but know how to make a lot of money despite being dumb) who come home every night and are clueless?

Nazi gold reportedly found in WWII shipwreck
7-24-2017
A chest thought to be filled with Nazi gold has been found in the wreckage of the scuttled SS Minden.
Mystery woman 'wails through letterboxes'
7-23-2017
Several households in England have been plagued by a woman crying through their letterboxes at night.
Robot ventures inside Fukushima reactor 3
7-23-2017
Scientists in Japan have identified what could be fuel debris within the devastated nuclear reactor.
Public names locomotive 'Trainy McTrainface'
7-23-2017
A recent poll in Sweden has shown, once again, why asking the public to name anything is a bad idea.
Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI