Thursday, August 17, 2017

'Alien' actor claims he has encountered aliens

Posted on Tuesday, 1 August, 2017 | Comment icon 58 comments

'Alien' is widely regarded as a horror classic. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Colin / Wiki
Yaphet Kotto, who starred in Ridley Scott's 1979 movie 'Alien', has had close encounters of his own.
The 77-year-old, who is well known for his role as Chief Engineer Parker in the science fiction horror classic, stated during a recent interview that he has been visited by aliens since he was a child.

"I've only told my wife, my rabbi, and a psychologist," he told Noel Ransome from Vice magazine. "This is the first time I'm talking about it."

According to Kotto, his experiences began when, at the age of six, he encountered an 'entity' at his home that was "at least five or six feet tall with an elongated head."

He would go on to experience all manner of anomalous phenomena throughout his life including a sighting of "a UFO as big as the Yankee Stadium turned upside down."

He also believes that some of his UFO encounters were triggered by meditation sessions.

"I really don't care whether anyone thinks I'm delusional," he said.

Source: Straight.com | Comments (58)

Tags: Alien, Yaphet Kotto

Comment icon #49 Posted by Hawkin on 4 August, 2017, 18:55
Comment icon #50 Posted by freetoroam on 4 August, 2017, 18:58
get out of here! what mobile server are they using?
Comment icon #51 Posted by Merc14 on 4 August, 2017, 19:05
Except every astronomer and astrophysicist agrees with us so a really, really lousy try an at an insult.   Try harder and your LOL is now for you bud because you basically beat yourself at your own argument.  Well done (use above stupidly placed LOL here).
Comment icon #52 Posted by seeder on 4 August, 2017, 19:52
  He IS a liar.... its on record, read the 2 bolded lines
Comment icon #53 Posted by badeskov on 4 August, 2017, 19:55
How do you know? Besides that, it is completely irrelevant. All that matters is data.
Comment icon #54 Posted by Lilly on 4 August, 2017, 20:21
A good story is entertaining...but alien DNA would be Earth shattering. Show me the ET DNA...or something concrete that's of alien origin. Anything else is just a good story.
Comment icon #55 Posted by Hawkin on 4 August, 2017, 23:56
AT&T Alien Tech & Telephone
Comment icon #56 Posted by acute on 5 August, 2017, 1:28
Who says that UFO's have engines?  There is no way that an advanced alien civilization will be using a propulsion system that involves pushing air around!  They will use space-time bending, or some other such presently undiscovered (by us) wizardry.
Comment icon #57 Posted by stereologist on 5 August, 2017, 14:12
This is a classic excuse. The deafening silence is not due to career problems. The same excuse is used all over fringie territory to explain away the lack of reports from knowledgeable people. The fact of the matter is that your career would be elevated by being able to report the first incontrovertible evidence of alien visitation. But knowledgeable people don't jump to bizarre conclusions on flimsy evidence.  I saw a "rotating" cloud in full sunshine one winter day. That is what my brain interpreted. But that cloud was not rotating. It was a lenticular forming on the left and dissolving on t... [More]
Comment icon #58 Posted by Orphalesion on 12 August, 2017, 18:22
Edit: Sorry, my original response to you was a bit...emotional. I do not react well if anybody tells me to take some form of recreational drug/mind altering substance. I will not tell you or anybody else to stop putting whatever they please into their bodies. But I will also kindly ask you to never, never, suggest again that I should go and some psychedelic **** into my body that doesn't belong there, no matter what effects you believe it has. I would have taken you more seriously, and reacted better if you had recommended something like meditation. And no, I will not buy your book. I do actua... [More]

Man finds snake on a supermarket pineapple
8-17-2017
A man in Edinburgh got the fright of his life on Tuesday when he found the reptile in his shopping.
Insect burgers to go on sale in Switzerland
8-16-2017
Insect-based edibles are beginning to appear in shops after a recent revision of food safety laws.
Firm set to put a cellphone tower on the Moon
8-16-2017
A German startup is aiming to land rovers on the Moon that will communicate using cellphone technology.
'Frankenstein dinosaur' is 'missing link'
8-16-2017
The mystery surrounding a dinosaur made up of various mismatched body parts has finally been solved.
Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

Hoia-Baciu - the world's most haunted forest
Posted 8-13-2017 | 0 comments
A look at an area of forest that some people describe as Romania's own 'Bermuda Triangle'.

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama