Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Cryptozoology

Peru "giant snake" pictures released

June 13, 2009 | Comment icon 34 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
Cryptozoology Jon Downes takes a look at photographs sent to the Center for Fortean Zoology from a recent expedition in the Peruvian rainforest by Mike and Greg Warner that show what they believe to be a giant anaconda at the side of a river.
Jon Downes: After a week of negotiations with Mike and Greg Warner, the CFZ has the exclusive rights to release all the pictures from their Peruvian expedition. Greg sent these with the following message: "These are the two shots we got that we believe is Yacumama or giant anaconda. It looks like the head to me and part of the body surfacing at the other side of the channel.""

Source: Cryptozoology Online | Comments (34)

Comment icon #25 Posted by MoonPrincess 13 years ago
I can't see anything. I really can't. Perhaps they were mistaken? *Shrugs*
Comment icon #26 Posted by weirdoh 13 years ago
I realize some people want to see a gigantic snake, but c'mon. There's nothing here that shows any type of creature in that photo.
Comment icon #27 Posted by DONTEATUS 13 years ago
I wont go swimming there thats for sure snake or not ! I saw no Five star Resort nor Fun Slide in any of those pics! And forget it if theres no Little umbrella drinks being served.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Bevan Chu 12 years ago
considering that it said the jungle was flooded, it couldnt possibly be a mud or sand bank, as the snake is quite large, with a considerable height and girth. the sand most probably wouldnt have been able to reach the top of the water, as it would have been dispersed by the flood waters
Comment icon #29 Posted by Thesantanafan 12 years ago
I have trouble believing a snake THAT size could exist. What would it eat? Elephants? It wouldn't be able to travel very easily either.
Comment icon #30 Posted by Spectre1979 12 years ago
No snake there!
Comment icon #31 Posted by Ozzy Valentine 12 years ago
I was looking at these pictures and the way the pointed it out it seems like they are looking at the wrong side of the bank. Check out the part that I outlined in red and tell me that isn't what actually looks like a snake. I see where your looking and it does slightly resemble a giant snake. It's too hard to make out if it's real or not but hey, atleast your looking in the right direction there. I think the guy who pointed out the formations with red texts in the article was mistaken.
Comment icon #32 Posted by cluey 12 years ago
Comment icon #33 Posted by Spectre1979 12 years ago
even clicking on the links produces no pics???????...........i wanna see a snake,lol....... There will be some in your backyard surely?
Comment icon #34 Posted by EllJay 12 years ago
If you want to see some real big snakes, read this Anaconda - The Big Squeeze you dont want - A curl up and cuddle-reading

Total Posts: 7,285,917    Topics: 299,730    Members: 197,540