Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Science & Technology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Science & Technology

Scientists claim to have cloned glowing dogs

June 22, 2009 | Comment icon 13 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
Scientists in South Korea claim they have produced the world's first glowing dogs through cloning, the four beagles named "Ruppy" which seem completely ordinary under normal light glow red under ultra-violet.
South Korean scientists say they have engineered four beagles that glow red using cloning techniques that could help develop cures for human diseases. The four dogs, all named "Ruppy" a combination of the words "ruby" and "puppy" look like typical beagles by daylight."

Source: MSNBC | Comments (13)

Comment icon #4 Posted by jesspy 13 years ago
Atleast they will be easier to find at night does this mean hot dogs will glow too
Comment icon #5 Posted by expandmymind 13 years ago
was this not posted a while back?
Comment icon #6 Posted by Pelican_Eel 13 years ago
I only remember seeing the one about glowing pigs a while ago. But it seems it's done to various animals. I know, I know, power of science, knowledge is good and so on, but I still get creeped out every time I read something like this...
Comment icon #7 Posted by Siara 13 years ago
To me the fact that they gave all four the same name suggests the kind of clinical coldness that could make cloning dangerous.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Dr Alien 13 years ago
i want one of those dogs! =|
Comment icon #9 Posted by I Am The End Of The World 13 years ago
Comment icon #10 Posted by ROGER 13 years ago
We can't cure cancer...or Aids... or the damn flu for that matter.. but we celebrate when we clone a black light friendly dog. Kill me now. Read past the head line please. There's good reason for doing this.
Comment icon #11 Posted by sarah snow 13 years ago
was this not posted a while back? Yup, glow-in-the-dark puppies article, I remember that too, EMM
Comment icon #12 Posted by SpIdErCyDe 13 years ago
Glow in the dark dogs. I hope this is coming from private funding and not my tax dollars.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Dr Alien 13 years ago
We can't cure cancer...or Aids... or the damn flu for that matter.. but we celebrate when we clone a black light friendly dog. Kill me now. which uncurable method do you want to go by?

Total Posts: 7,310,705    Topics: 300,763    Members: 197,966