Thursday, October 28, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Modern Mysteries > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Modern Mysteries

Whole flock of birds falls dead from the sky

March 10, 2010 | Comment icon 49 comments

Image Credit: sxc.hu
Experts in the UK are baffled after a flock of over 100 dying birds fell out of the sky on Sunday night.
The birds were strewn over a 12ft area in something akin to a horror film and no explanation has yet been found, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is currently conducting tests to try and get to the bottom of the mystery.
It was like a grisly scene from a horror film. On Sunday night, over a quiet Somerset house, scores of swooping starlings tumbled out of the sky and fell, dead, into a single front garden. Covering an area 12ft across, more than 100 birds carpeted the garden, each with blood oozing from its beak and curled up claws.

Source: Daily Mail | Comments (49)

Comment icon #40 Posted by Black Coyote 12 years ago
...yeah, I don't buy "they flew into the ground" even in the slightest. Birds will do any number of strange things when confronted with a hunting raptor, but committing mass suicide by flying headlong into the ground is not one of them. That's an even more ridiculous assertion than "They flew into a cloaked UFO!"
Comment icon #41 Posted by robbinak 12 years ago
The biggest bird of prey that attacks other birds in this country is the periguim falcon.. and there not very gig.. so i dont think they were attacked.. could have been ball lightning or electrical intereferance which would cause mucles to contract e.g. the claws would curl up and wings would stop flapping.. etc etc.. Im pretty sure im right on this.. let me know if you think im wrong.. I do remember reading about 10yrs ago a documentary re: electromagnetic waves/disturbances that were found in abundance in Grt Britain. They speculated that it was caused by all the quantum testing that was bei... [More]
Comment icon #42 Posted by One or Alister Wayman etc. 12 years ago
Obviously, looking at me, I'm a simple mind. Though no one can be sure.. I just can't see how a group of birds so large could just change direction and fall to their end. Even if they did lose control, you'd think they'd regain it somewhere in mid-fall.. or atleast ONE of them. There's no telling what did this, but I BET you it isn't too 'ORDINARY'..
Comment icon #43 Posted by Crow Woman 12 years ago
Comment icon #44 Posted by Feenix Fire 12 years ago
I checked this thread out because i had no idea what a starling was lol
Comment icon #45 Posted by pallidin 12 years ago
Animals know when something is going to happen... Could something in the earth have caused them to loose control and crash? Yes, the birds considered the current state of affairs in the world and commited suicide, lest they be subjected to what's to come. I know this because one of the birds "tweeted' me.
Comment icon #46 Posted by Purplos 12 years ago
Some kind of atmospheric pressure weirdness? Can there be odd pockets of different atmospheric pressure? That could mess up a little body, I'd think.
Comment icon #47 Posted by fandango 12 years ago
Yes, the birds considered the current state of affairs in the world and commited suicide, lest they be subjected to what's to come. I know this because one of the birds "tweeted' me. They should have stuck it out, they might have "chirped" up a bit.
Comment icon #48 Posted by Mandrake 12 years ago
I'm waiting for Uri Geller to somehow claim this one....
Comment icon #49 Posted by Spain Sun 12 years ago
that is all I have to say about this.

Ancient Mysteries and Alternative History