Thursday, October 6, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Ghosts & Hauntings > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Ghosts & Hauntings

Poltergeist activity filmed in Australia

By T.K. Randall
March 24, 2012 · Comment icon 35 comments

Image Credit: Sunrise / Youtube
Security footage shows a box of sweets being inexplicably flung from one of the shelves on to the floor.
Filmed at an IGA store in Brompton, South Australia from multiple angles the box of Fruit Roll-Ups appears to be thrown from the shelf without anyone else being near it. Owner Norm Hurst remains perplexed. "The previous owners told me it was haunted," he said. Stars of one Australian morning talk show have suggested that the phenomenon could be connected to the death of a boxer who was gunned down outside the store in 1998.
Paranormal investigators may have a startling new piece of information to use in their never-ending quest to make contact with ghosts: They have a thing for Fruit Roll-Ups.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (35)

Comment icon #26 Posted by Ghostsstory 11 years ago
Look at the time stap at the bottom of the video. Missing 3 minutes of footage. Obvious advertisement and 15 minutes of fame video here. If it wasn't for this post, I was going to point this out. Very obviously fake.
Comment icon #27 Posted by coldethyl 11 years ago
I like the anchorman saying "look at me, look at me" over and over to the anchorwoman so he can talk. Oh and the 'scientists can't explain' that's the best.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Hybrid89 11 years ago
oh dear.
Comment icon #29 Posted by mattryan209 11 years ago
Sort of reminds me of the poltergeist on My Ghost Story THe Evil down Below.My Ghost Story "The Evil Down Below"THis guys a biomedical researcher turned ghost hunterpretty interesting show,but its tv and who knows if there is alternative motives by the participants to embellish or make a profit etc. I'm usually extremely skeptical rationalist and downright cynical at times and normally would automatically say this poltergeist in the Australian Supermarket video is a obvious fake,but some very odd things have have happened to me that defy rational and logical thinking. Going to have to give thi... [More]
Comment icon #30 Posted by SolarPlexus 11 years ago
The video does not show much. But I have researched a part of this phenomenon and know it to be real... more specifically it's relation with various folklore. What we refer to as "poltergeist" is at the root of the vampire myth. Also the parallels with night terrors, Succubi, Incubi are very interesting.
Comment icon #31 Posted by GenericUnoriginality 10 years ago
Obvious poor editing; it's sad really.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Super-Fly 10 years ago
LOL LOL
Comment icon #33 Posted by andy hair candy 10 years ago
Damn, all the angles were unable to catch it leaving the shelf... Just landing. Typical. Bloody IGA... You dont need ghosts to get the punters through the door... Your prices are amazing!
Comment icon #34 Posted by Bling Zombie 10 years ago
I've witnessed poltergeist activity, so I'm open minded about it. Interesting story, thanks.
Comment icon #35 Posted by Tarnibritan 10 years ago
Too bad nothing like this ever happened at Spars, It could be just the packaging falling off the shelf due to bad packing-although i like the ghost with the sweet tooth theory!

Our new book is out now!

The Unexplained Mysteries
Book of Weird News

AVAILABLE NOW

Take a walk on the weird side with this compilation of some of the weirdest stories ever to grace the pages of a newspaper.

Click here to learn more

We need your help!

Support us on Patreon

BONUS CONTENT

For less than the cost of a cup of coffee, you can gain access to a wide range of exclusive perks including our popular 'Lost Ghost Stories' series.

Click here to learn more