Saturday, June 25, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

SUV struck by lightning on Russian highway

October 2, 2012 | Comment icon 21 comments

Image Credit: Youtube
A driver was filming from his car the moment an SUV on the road ahead was hit by a bolt of lightning.
Driving along minding your own business the last thing anyone would expect is for their vehicle to be struck by a huge discharge from the heavens, but that's exactly what happened to the occupants of this SUV during a drive along a busy Russian highway. Fortunately those inside would have been protected from the strike due to the Faraday Cage principle with the charge being distributed throughout the metal frame of the vehicle.

The incident follows another similar case that took place in Wiltshire, England. 11-year-old Joe Compton was found unconscious after being hit by a lighting strike, he suffered severe burns and a cardiac arrest but is currently in a stable condition in hospital.
Luckily for the driver, he appears to be left unharmed by the thousand-volt hit and in the footage, uploaded to YouTube this month, he carries on driving for a few seconds, before rolling to a stop.

Source: Daily Mail | Comments (21)

Comment icon #12 Posted by Junior Chubb 10 years ago
Wow, biblical stuff...
Comment icon #13 Posted by little_dreamer 10 years ago
"Dear God, please give me this power over other drivers on the road. I promise not to abuse this power too much."
Comment icon #14 Posted by csspwns 10 years ago
lol god was probably bored so...
Comment icon #15 Posted by Troublehalf 10 years ago
People have dashboard cameras in order for legal protection. They can film accidents and such and prove they were not at fault. Come on people, use your heads.
Comment icon #16 Posted by MissMelsWell 10 years ago
That's some crazy video!! I don't believe my car was actually struck by lightning, but I do believe that it was close. Several years ago I was driving on the freeway, pouring down rain hard, and it was late and dark out. A REALLY bright flash blinded me and I somehow managed to come to a near stop and feel I was really lucky there were no other cars around me. When the daze and haze finally cleared from eyes, and I was able to start driving again... I realized all the pre-sets on my stereo were erased and my stereo was blasting static! It was pretty crazy, all the hairs on my arms were standin... [More]
Comment icon #17 Posted by Xanthurion2 10 years ago
that is awesome
Comment icon #18 Posted by Device 10 years ago
Wow. God must've been trying to punish him for his evil deeds
Comment icon #19 Posted by acute alan 10 years ago
It's a good thing that the driver wasn't carrying a monster on his roof rack (stitched together from body parts of corpses) otherwise it may have come to life and gone on the rampage!
Comment icon #20 Posted by Ryegrog 10 years ago
Now that's a shocking experience.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Kobolt 10 years ago
Reason to have camera in russia is just check yourself

Total Posts: 7,283,758    Topics: 299,656    Members: 197,502