Thursday, March 22, 2018

Man discovers 8ft crocodile under his bed

Posted on Thursday, 19 September, 2013 | Comment icon 22 comments

The crocodile took up residence under the bed. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Spencer Wright
Guy Whittall managed to sleep for the entire night with the enormous reptile directly beneath him.
The peculiar incident took place at Humani Lodge in Zimbabwe where the 40-year-old had gone to bed, blissfully unaware that a massive crocodile had got in to the house and had settled down for the night directly underneath his bed, just inches away from him.

Whittall didn't find out about the beast until the following morning when a housemaid who had gone to clean up the room came across it and started screaming. The 330lb reptile is believed to have come from the nearby Turgwe River.

"The really disconcerting thing about the whole episode is the fact that I was sitting on the edge of the bed that morning, bare foot and just centimetres away from the croc," said Whittall. "I just remember thinking goodness gracious, that's one for the books. I'm pretty sure everyone in Humani checks under their bed before going to sleep now anyway."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (22)

Tags: Crocodile

Comment icon #13 Posted by HerNibs on 19 September, 2013, 18:21
If that had been my bed/house the headline would have read - "Woman moves out of house in 20 seconds leaving everything to Croc under the bed" Nibs
Comment icon #14 Posted by pallidin on 19 September, 2013, 18:58
I don't understand why he couldn't smell it under there. Reptiles have an unusual odor, especially their breath. For sure. My take is that the human may have been too drunk to notice. Or likely, the croc came in later. And the croc, recently out of an AA meeting, didn't want to munch on an alcohol smelling human.
Comment icon #15 Posted by QuiteContrary on 19 September, 2013, 19:45
That is insane! What a story to be lucky enough to tell. I've heard of Bed and Breakfasts offering cats to their guests as roommates, but this...
Comment icon #16 Posted by Calibeliever on 19 September, 2013, 20:38
First I would say it ... then I would do it. #needcleanshortsplease
Comment icon #17 Posted by highdesert50 on 19 September, 2013, 21:52
The bane of every young child, a fearful monster under the bed. So, finally, this fear can be validated as accurate. No more crocodile tears ...
Comment icon #18 Posted by Junior Chubb on 19 September, 2013, 22:10
Comment icon #19 Posted by Sundew on 20 September, 2013, 1:03
Great find Sundew, this could be from the Hollywood 'based on a true story' version of the article. Hey Chubb, if you like Batman or have kids that do, you should check out Batman: The Animated Series available on DVD. I think it was done in the 1990s, really good animation if you are into that. I think the villain in question is called Killer Croc.
Comment icon #20 Posted by brlesq1 on 20 September, 2013, 18:49
So you see--there really are monsters under the bed.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Cherry- on 21 September, 2013, 15:32
wow.. scary.
Comment icon #22 Posted by BaneSilvermoon on 22 September, 2013, 2:54
I think the villain in question is called Killer Croc. Yep

Could paint save us from a doomsday asteroid?
Rather than ramming or nuking a large space rock, scientists have suggested simply covering it in paint.
Did Triceratops use its horns to attract a mate ?
Scientists believe that dinosaurs like Triceratops may have used their horns to impress potential partners.
Mystery 'Cotswold cat shaver' strikes again
Several cat owners in Gloucestershire have reported having their pet felines shaved by an unknown individual.
Self-driving car kills pedestrian in Arizona
The accident marks the first time that a pedestrian has ever been killed by an autonomous vehicle.
Posted 3-22-2018 | 1 comment
A look at words that sound alike and are spelt the same, but that have different meanings.
Monkeys learn to socialize
Posted 3-18-2018 | 0 comments
These young vervet monkeys must learn to socialize before being released in to the wild.
Why don't birds get frostbite ?
Posted 3-16-2018 | 0 comments
How do birds stop their legs from getting frostbitten during freezing temperatures ?
Most straws in a beard
Posted 3-15-2018 | 2 comments
Kyle Kozemchick stuck 215 straws in to his beard for this bizarre world record attempt.
Michio Kaku on asteroid mining
Posted 3-13-2018 | 1 comment
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku discusses the possibility of mining asteroids in space.
Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada
Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA
I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington
Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA