Thursday, October 29, 2020
  Bizarre

Working Batmobile goes on sale for $1 million

Posted on Tuesday, 4 March, 2014 | Comment icon 19 comments

The Batmobile arrives on the red carpet. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Cristiano Betta
A fully functioning and roadworthy 'Tumbler' Batmobile has now been made available for purchase.
Costing a whopping $1 million, the highly accurate replica not only looks the part but can also be legally driven on the streets as well. The famous vehicle was used by Christian Bale's Batman in all three of Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" movies.
In addition to its iconic status the Tumbler comes complete with driver-assist cameras, Bluetooth connectivity, GPS and a DVD player. Fans of the movies however may be disappointed to learn that it does not come with Batman's usual arsenal of advanced weaponry or the ability to convert in to a two-wheeler when things get dicey.

The original Batmobile, the one designed by George Barris for use in the 1960s TV series, was sold at auction last year for a staggering $4.2 million.

Source: Sky News | Comments (19)

Tags: Batman, Batmobile

Comment icon #10 Posted by freetoroam on 4 March, 2014, 13:27
Of course! You can even use them together. Now thats smart.
Comment icon #11 Posted by coldethyl on 4 March, 2014, 19:01
I'd rather have the Adam West batmobile that is made out of actual metal.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Calibeliever on 4 March, 2014, 19:21
Oh yeeeaahh .... daddy like!
Comment icon #13 Posted by MJNYC on 4 March, 2014, 20:13
It's too geometrically intense for my tastes. Like Picasso. Love this!! Now I know why I don't like Picasso! This describes it perfectly! Thank you
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 4 March, 2014, 20:20
Is that the one that the guy tried to sell on "Pawn Stars"? No, that one was a replica from the Keaton Batman movie.
Comment icon #15 Posted by DumpsterJesus on 4 March, 2014, 22:00
Love this!! Now I know why I don't like Picasso! This describes it perfectly! Thank you I'm glad I could help. I never liked his work. I wouldn't mind stumbling across one of his works in my attic though.
Comment icon #16 Posted by JVG on 5 March, 2014, 21:21
What a million bucks and no weapons. Forget it!!
Comment icon #17 Posted by coolguy on 6 March, 2014, 5:09
Very cool, kinda shaped like a f117 night hawk,
Comment icon #18 Posted by Alliex on 24 March, 2014, 13:48
Comment icon #19 Posted by JVG on 29 March, 2014, 0:03
Wow, what a car to be able to own! I wonder how many heads would turn when you drive that down the street haha! Love it My first car was a 1963 Ford Falcon wagon, jet black and top speed was about 55 with the windows closed!! Going on level, up hill it dropped to 30 mph.

AC/DC once tried to find the Loch Ness Monster
10-28-2020
The rock band's members once attempted an impromptu Nessie hunt on the banks of Scotland's famous loch.
Theater wants you to become its resident ghost
10-28-2020
A historic theater in Canada is offering one fan the opportunity to haunt the building after they pass on.
Firm invents nuclear thermal propulsion engine
10-27-2020
A new type of propulsion system is being developed that could significantly reduce the time it takes to reach Mars.
Coral 'skyscraper' discovered off Australia
10-27-2020
The remarkable 'detached' coral reef is the first of its kind to be discovered in more than 120 years.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball