Sunday, April 22, 2018

New 'Nazca lines' discovered in Kazakhstan

Posted on Thursday, 25 September, 2014 | Comment icon 96 comments

A satellite image looking down on Kazakhstan from orbit. Image Credit: NASA
More than 50 previously unknown geoglyphs have been found sprawled across the north of the country.
Found using Google Earth's satellite maps, the geoglyphs depict a variety of different shapes and patterns including squares, rings, crosses and swastikas. Measuring between 295 to 1,312ft in diameter they are primarily made from mounds of dirt.

Archaeologists from Kazakhstan's Kostanay University and Lithuania's Vilnius University spent the better part of a year investigating the geogylphs using ground-penetrating radar, aerial photography and a variety of dating techniques.

Their excavations in the region unearthed evidence of structures and hearths at the same sites suggesting that whoever built the geoglyphs would have also conducted ritualistic practices there.

"As of today, we can say only one thing the geoglyphs were built by ancient people," the team wrote in an e-mail to Live Science. "By whom and for what purpose, remains a mystery."

The Kazakhstan geoglyphs are very similar to those found scattered across the Nazca desert in Peru despite there being a distance of more than 14,000km between them.

Source: Fox News | Comments (96)

Tags: Kazakhstan, Nazca, Geoglyphs

Comment icon #87 Posted by Myles on 1 October, 2014, 20:16
It does not mean that all the books I have have totally disappeared from the globe, There are a few very rare ones, but the rest, there's a few million out there. But I will not give you references for them. There are some things I want you to find out the hard way - seeing it first hand. That is a BS copout. You should go away if you insist on playing this game.
Comment icon #88 Posted by Calibeliever on 1 October, 2014, 20:47
It does not mean that all the books I have have totally disappeared from the globe, There are a few very rare ones, but the rest, there's a few million out there. But I will not give you references for them. There are some things I want you to find out the hard way - seeing it first hand. Gee - thanks dad. Sure glad we got you around to set us straight. I know a con-man when I hear one. You're either around 15 years old or completely delusional.
Comment icon #89 Posted by jaylemurph on 2 October, 2014, 2:48
Gee - thanks dad. Sure glad we got you around to set us straight. I know a con-man when I hear one. You're either around 15 years old or completely delusional. There's a difference between self-obsessed and completely delusional. --Jaylemurph
Comment icon #90 Posted by Starhunter on 2 October, 2014, 10:04
Comment icon #91 Posted by Peter Cox on 2 October, 2014, 10:10
To the above posts, if proving me to be a liar or delusional, or anything demeaning that you have worked so hard on, brings you joy, then please do so quickly, because at the moment you have nothing to contribute to the thread and you are all so miserable. Of course if I was a serious challenge, then bringing me down should give you tremendous happiness, but if I am the fool you say I am, then you'll only be as contented as the average maggot. There is no challange as there is no evidence to suggest you have said a single thing of importance, substance or truth. So in all honesty we have done ... [More]
Comment icon #92 Posted by Starhunter on 2 October, 2014, 10:27
In contributing and reading this thread, what have you gained from the topic, how would you summarize your thoughts on these mysterious lines? We know that there are similar lines, sometimes called ley lines, in other parts of the world, often associated with stone groves and earth mounds, as well as figurines on hill sides etc. And we accept that cows and machinery and whatever is around today could have left similar markings, so we don't assume that all such lines are ancient, but many are, and I'm sure many more will show up from satellite imagery. I think you mentioned that the images are ... [More]
Comment icon #93 Posted by Myles on 2 October, 2014, 11:48
To the above posts, if proving me to be a liar or delusional, or anything demeaning that you have worked so hard on, brings you joy, then please do so quickly, because at the moment you have nothing to contribute to the thread and you are all so miserable. Of course if I was a serious challenge, then bringing me down should give you tremendous happiness, but if I am the fool you say I am, then you'll only be as contented as the average maggot. No-one has worked hard to discredit you. You have not brought anything to the table to discredit.
Comment icon #94 Posted by Merc14 on 2 October, 2014, 13:23
To the above posts, if proving me to be a liar or delusional, or anything demeaning that you have worked so hard on, brings you joy, then please do so quickly, because at the moment you have nothing to contribute to the thread and you are all so miserable. Of course if I was a serious challenge, then bringing me down should give you tremendous happiness, but if I am the fool you say I am, then you'll only be as contented as the average maggot. The objective is to eliminate frauds from conversation. People that dabble in ancient astronauts, ET building the pyramids or place themselves in the ce... [More]
Comment icon #95 Posted by Starhunter on 3 October, 2014, 10:33
The objective is to eliminate frauds from conversation. People that dabble in ancient astronauts, ET building the pyramids or place themselves in the center of some conspiracy whee tehy are saving books that the pope is stealing from libraries so he can pick and choose which countries will have access to ancient aviation technology. It, literally, has nothing to do with you personally, it is the fraud you are perpetrating we wish to bring down. Why do this? Because we hate to see the easily swayed sucked into the above garbage science. I like your reply, it's upfront, not derogatory, and reaso... [More]
Comment icon #96 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 3 October, 2014, 10:50
There are four possible explanations for these lines as I see it. 1 - They're satellite orientation markers (ie "we have clear visuals on the monkey, moving onto the platypus"). 2 - An ancient culture did them for reasons known only to them. 3 - Aliens did it because there's no cereal crops nearby to vandalise. 4 - We don't know. 2 and 3 have no evidence. 1 is logical and is backed by the available evidence and 4, frankly, is a lazy cop out.

Work on lunar space station to begin in 2019
4-21-2018
NASA has revealed that its ambitious Lunar Orbital Platform-Gateway will launch as early as 2022.
Cows could end up as world's largest mammals
4-21-2018
Scientists have warned that cows could eventually become the largest remaining mammals on Earth.
New species of 'exploding ant' discovered
4-20-2018
Capable of taking drastic action to protect their colonies, these ants have a rather unusual defense mechanism.
Missing Nazi submarine mystery finally solved
4-20-2018
The wreckage of one of Germany's most advanced U-boats has been discovered off the coast of Denmark.
Revealing the secrets of the deep ocean
Posted 4-19-2018 | 0 comments
Scientist Mandy Joye has dedicated her life to exploring the depths of the world's oceans.

Giant 3D-printed man
Posted 4-15-2018 | 2 comments
British YouTuber James Bruton has created a giant 3D-printed sculpture of himself.

The world's roundest object
Posted 4-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at how the roundest object can help us to define the humble kilogram.

Do fish talk to each other ?
Posted 4-10-2018 | 11 comments
Fish might seem silent, but in actual fact they make a wide range of different sounds.

The great Jaffa Cake debate
Posted 4-8-2018 | 4 comments
Revisiting the age-old question - is the humble Jaffa Cake a cake or a biscuit ?

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA