Friday, September 18, 2020
  Bizarre

Man marks Christmas by eating 160 eggs

Posted on Thursday, 25 December, 2014 | Comment icon 11 comments

Yizhong is no stranger to eating large amounts of food. Image Credit: Jon Sullivan
Competitive eater Pan Yizhong crammed the eggs in to his mouth as part of a promotional stunt.
While many of us today will be participating in the challenge of finishing a turkey dinner and Christmas pudding, 46-year-old Pan Yizhong from China has taken excessive eating to the extreme by scoffing 160 quail eggs in one sitting as part of a promotion for a restaurant in the country's Hunan province.

His choice of delicacy was based on the fact that the Chinese word for Christmas, Shengdanjie, contains a character that is also a homophone for the word "egg".
"At the time I got to 160, I was becoming tired of the flavour so I stopped. It wasn't because I was full," he said. "Now I'm back to normal, I've had ice cream and barbequed meat since."

Yizhong's extreme eating feats over the years have included eating 147 dumplings in one sitting and downing 40 bowls of noodles within the space of just 15 minutes.

"As a competitive eater, I want to test my limits eating all kinds of food," he said.

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (11)

Tags: Pan Yizhong, Extreme Eating

Comment icon #2 Posted by SpiritWalker7 on 24 December, 2014, 22:13
Impressive..and sort of nauseating.
Comment icon #3 Posted by libstaK on 24 December, 2014, 22:18
Comment icon #4 Posted by bubblykiss on 24 December, 2014, 22:40
Um - wrong western holiday, eggs are for Easter but whatever floats his boat I guess. Are you telling me Santa did not want all the pickled egg and pigs feet that I have been leaving out for him?
Comment icon #5 Posted by AZDZ on 24 December, 2014, 23:40
I don't think that is what the Bible means by, a pleasing odor unto the LORD.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Red Moon on 25 December, 2014, 0:48
Ugh sick!
Comment icon #7 Posted by Ryu on 25 December, 2014, 14:55
If it was 150-160 QUAIL eggs then it doesn't really seem like that big of a deal. Have you seen quail eggs? They are really tiny. Though I loathe eggs I wonder if quail eggs taste any different from chicken eggs. However I think these eating contests/stunts are the ultimate in wastefulness as well as arrogant gluttony. Stuffing your gob just to win some stupid prize while probably in the next little hamlet you have people who would give anything to have just one quail egg.
Comment icon #8 Posted by ealdwita on 25 December, 2014, 15:28
Though I loathe eggs I wonder if quail eggs taste any different from chicken eggs. They're a little stronger in flavour than hens' eggs and they have a higher yolk to white ratio. Nice with fish.....My special favourite is with Salmon fillets and asparagus.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Sundew on 25 December, 2014, 20:37
Tisk, risk, all those eggs and no nog. Some Christmas celebration...
Comment icon #10 Posted by Cruel_Cahal on 25 December, 2014, 21:42
Sigh... some people, I swear.
Comment icon #11 Posted by third_eye on 26 December, 2014, 4:37
well at least some people do learn some lessons even if its from the hard and unfortunate way round ~ Man dies in Custer hot dog eating contest July 08, 2014 6:00 am What should have been a fun way to kick off the Fourth of July weekend quickly turned tragic for a Custer man who choked to death while trying to speedily eat hot dogs during a competitive eating contest. The crowd at Way Park in Custer, just across from the county courthouse, was stunned Thursday afternoon when one of six contestants Walter Eagle Tail, 47 began to choke while trying to win the contest. Paramedics who swiftly ... [More]

Man uses live snake as face mask on UK bus
9-18-2020
Commuters couldn't believe their eyes this week when a man wearing a large snake got onto the bus.
Two 'ghosts' caught on camera at Gettysburg
9-17-2020
Footage has emerged that allegedly shows two ghostly figures at the site of the Battle of Gettysburg.
Did a solar flare cause the Titanic disaster ?
9-17-2020
It is now believed that a geomagnetic storm interfered with the Titanic's navigation and communications.
Prehistoric sperm found trapped inside amber
9-16-2020
Scientists have identified 100 million-year-old sperm cells perfectly preserved within fossilized tree resin.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball