Saturday, April 10, 2021

Hadron Collider could find parallel universes

Posted on Monday, 23 March, 2015 | Comment icon 46 comments

What discoveries will the LHC's next experiments bring ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Julian Herzog
Cern's atom smasher is about to resume operations in an attempt to detect miniature black holes.
Having been significantly upgraded since its discovery of the elusive Higgs Boson back in 2012, the world's largest particle accelerator is about to embark on a new series of experiments designed to detect tiny black holes.

If it succeeds it could open up a whole new chapter in particle physics which could help to explain the nature of dark matter and prove the existence of parallel universes.
"Just as many parallel sheets of paper, which are two dimensional objects can exist in a third dimension, parallel universes can also exist in higher dimensions," said scientist Mir Faizal.

"Normally, when people think of the multiverse, they think of the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, where every possibility is actualised. This is not what we mean by parallel universes. What we mean is real universes in extra dimensions."

Comments (46)

Tags: Black Hole, Cern, Large Hadron Collider

Comment icon #37 Posted by Father Merrin on 21 August, 2015, 17:42
I remember watching a dvd in college called "the large hardon collider"
Comment icon #38 Posted by Harte on 21 August, 2015, 22:07
I remember watching a dvd in college called "the large hardon collider" We only got the stage production. That's how long it's been since my college days. Harte
Comment icon #39 Posted by ShadowSot on 21 August, 2015, 23:52
If they do find other universes in extra dimensions then I'm predicting they will also discover that traveling between universes is actually easier, safer, and cheaper than traveling between the stars and this type of exploration will replace dreams of populating the galaxy. Have you read The Ling Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter? It involves just such a scenario and that concern is mentioned. A reality is discovered where Earth didn't form, and it is proposed as an excellent launch platform for space missions.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Ellapennella on 23 August, 2015, 5:21
Well now, Cern's mascot is Shiva /Abaddon . Hindu deity of destruction. (Matter , antimatter and dark matter) So, if I'm understanding all this, they want to discover whats holding together matter- matter that they can't see. They want to find and separate the physical from the supernatural. There's a problem though- they don't know what they'll find, if they succeed. I think that even though some of these scientist make claims that they don't believe in anything spiritual , I think they lie.I think they do believe in something. *reminds me of when they allowed Crowley to perform a ritual at a... [More]
Comment icon #41 Posted by questionmark on 23 August, 2015, 8:45
well, looks like we are advancing in the world, last hype about the LHC was that it would create a black hole to swallow us all....
Comment icon #42 Posted by bmk1245 on 23 August, 2015, 9:17
Comment icon #43 Posted by Emma_Acid on 23 August, 2015, 12:38
I think that even though some of these scientist make claims that they don't believe in anything spiritual , I think they lie.I think they do believe in something. Physics has nothing to do with spiritualism, no matter how insistent you are at shoehorning your beliefs in. Yet again.
Comment icon #44 Posted by Redacted File on 18 May, 2020, 14:11
Can't delete the duplicate..
Comment icon #45 Posted by Redacted File on 18 May, 2020, 14:11
 I remember waking up one day in 2008 feeling absolutely sure that something had change, reality felt "off". That was exactly when they turned it on. I think they either split the timeline, or changed it somehow? It was after that that all the slips started happening, the mandela effect.. Soo it can detect it, or cause them?
Comment icon #46 Posted by Rlyeh on 18 May, 2020, 15:26
What you just said makes no sense.

Has 5G achieved what Nikola Tesla could not ?
4-10-2021
The 5G network has the potential to realize the dream that Tesla obsessed over more than a century ago.
Monkey plays game of Pong using only its mind
4-10-2021
Scientists at Neuralink have made it possible for a monkey to play a computer game just by thinking.
Man freaked out by face in his washing machine
4-9-2021
Alex Boardman had been doing his washing when he saw someone inside the machine looking back at him.
Particle is disobeying the known laws of physics
4-9-2021
Recent experiments involving muons have blown open a hole in our current understanding of the universe.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball