Saturday, October 19, 2019

A black hole could turn you in to a hologram

Posted on Tuesday, 30 June, 2015 | Comment icon 23 comments

What happens inside a black hole has puzzled scientists for years. Image Credit: NASA / Alain Riazuelo
Scientists have come up with a novel new way to account for what happens inside a black hole.
With a gravitational pull so great that not even light can escape, black holes remain inherently mysterious and scientists have long struggled to make sense of what goes on inside them.

Quantum physics dictates that the 'information' of an object that falls in to a black hole cannot be destroyed or lost so where does it go ? What does it become ?

One recently proposed answer to this conundrum lies in measuring the information that is sucked in to a black hole, not in the conventional three dimensions we are used to but in two dimensions, thus effectively turning the object in to a hologram.

Would this mean that a person could survive such a trip ? Probably not, but then what would an existence in two dimensions even be like ? Surviving such a transition seems unfathomable.

To conclude, here's astrophysicist Dr Neil deGrasse Tyson providing a light-hearted look at what happens to your body as you descend in to a black hole - a process known as 'spaghettification'.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (23)

Tags: Black Hole, Hologram

Comment icon #14 Posted by StRoostifer on 30 June, 2015, 23:46
If nature's taught us anything, everything has an **** hole, what goes in has to come out......so what goes into a black hole has to be spewed out somewhere another dimension or another part of the universe, but it comes out. ___holes have also showed us that things come out much differently then when they went in. I wonder how a human would look after being eaten by a black hole...
Comment icon #15 Posted by Zalmoxis on 1 July, 2015, 2:10
That is fascinating. As fascinating as it is I would avoid black holes so that I don't become endless hologram pasta.
Comment icon #16 Posted by StarMountainKid on 1 July, 2015, 3:26
I think all these various attempts to understand black holes are great.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Aquarius Chik on 1 July, 2015, 4:18
Spaghettification? Holograms? I think that when a black hole closes up it creates another big bang and a new universe is created.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Father Merrin on 1 July, 2015, 7:00
I've fell into the black hole before, with my astral body (using astral travel).. And...... what was inside? What did you experience?
Comment icon #19 Posted by FlyingAngel on 1 July, 2015, 10:02
And...... what was inside? What did you experience? Like described by the professor : stretching (but not split into multiple part), squeezing, compressing into a singularity Everyine is nothing but darkness
Comment icon #20 Posted by paperdyer on 1 July, 2015, 14:33
"We got too close to the hole!!!" "SSSHHHHHIIIIIIII-" "... crap ..." That's actually the Phantom Zone, which doesn't have anything to do with black holes and holograms other than the movie's attempt to show the villians trapped in the zone, which was an alternative dimension - to work in an earlier thread.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Athena1979 on 2 July, 2015, 2:31
Its interesting how everyone is laughing at death.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Saitung on 4 July, 2015, 9:16
Just like in Superman 2 Exactly, I was going to post that: [The more advanced we get, the more our scientists seem to be falling back to what our old science fiction writers have come up with. I say, letís just fire all the scientist who are afraid to use their imaginations and keep the Sci-Fi writers.] But you made a far better and succinct point!
Comment icon #23 Posted by Rofflaren on 4 July, 2015, 19:07
I've fell into the black hole before, with my astral body (using astral travel).. Yes I believe you I have done that too. Yesterday me and Gartliloch (a friend from the Saresti planet I met many years ago while Astral traveling) visited a white dwarf. We drank tea and talked about midgets.

Horror fans to attempt record vampire gathering
10-18-2019
Hundreds of Dracula fans in Ireland are set to attempt the world's largest gathering of vampires next week.
New 'invisibility cloak' is remarkably effective
10-18-2019
A Canadian company has come up with a new material that can render large objects almost totally invisible.
Divers encounter incredible underwater 'blob'
10-18-2019
This remarkable object, which is believed to be a mass of squid eggs, was found in the waters off Norway's coast.
Government file details new thylacine sightings
10-17-2019
A recently released government document has revealed 8 new sightings of the 'extinct' animal in the last 3 years.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ