Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Ghostly face appears in museum photograph

Posted on Sunday, 19 July, 2015 | Comment icon 26 comments

Torquay Museum was originally founded in 1844. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Paul Hutchinson
Amateur ghost hunters have captured an image of what looks like a shadowy woman's face in Torquay Museum.
The group had been investigating the building, which dates back 140 years, as part of a special "Night at the Museum" event which had been organized to look for evidence of paranormal activity.

When they got together later to review the pictures they'd taken they were surprised to discover a ghostly face peering out from the level of the floorboards in one of the photographs.

"It appears to be a woman, and from the angle of the photograph it looks like she is submerged into the floor, almost like she is below floor level," said staff member Carl Smith.

"It's a pretty clear photograph, and there was no one else present when the photo was taken. So we are at a loss to explain it. It is a bit of a mystery, and there seems to be no other explanation."

The peculiar image was captured in the museum's Old Farmhouse section which is home to a collection of farm equipment and a chair that dates back over 300 years.

"All of the furniture and equipment has had a lot of human interaction, and maybe this is where the energy has come from," said Smith.

The group are now planning to return for another night to see if they can capture anything else.

Source: Plymouth Herald | Comments (26)

Tags: Ghost, Haunting, Devon

Comment icon #17 Posted by moon tide on 20 July, 2015, 15:09
No, it looks like an actual person photographed in the darkness to me. I do believe in the ghosts but my very strong power of deduction tells me, this is not a real spectre.
Comment icon #18 Posted by acute on 20 July, 2015, 18:22
Without context it means nothing.
Comment icon #19 Posted by tcgram on 20 July, 2015, 21:14
I agree with what was stated earlier, it looks like a person who was photographed in the dark.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 21 July, 2015, 11:07
Maybe someone can point this out to me, but is this the only photographed published? I only see the one photographed with a shot of a fireplace, and a women, seems translucent, and looking down at something that has a light source directing light up to her face. Is there another bigger and pulled back version of this photograph? Did I not look at another link that shows a bigger one? What floor boards? To me, I'm thinking there is a glass there, with a woman, possible tourist, who is looking down at her phone. I am into sightings myself, but I just don't see enough information, or in my though... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by grandfunkrailroad on 29 July, 2015, 20:16
These marketing tricks to boost ticketsales are gettiing boring
Comment icon #22 Posted by DieChecker on 29 July, 2015, 23:15
Originally Baphomet was a word used for the severed head being used as an idol by heretic Templars. Or at least that is what their confessions under torture seemed to say..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet The indictment (acte d'accusation) published by the court of Rome set forth ... "that in all the provinces they had idols, that is to say, heads, some of which had three faces, others but one; sometimes, it was a human skull ... That in their assemblies, and especially in their grand chapters, they worshipped the idol as a god, as their saviour, saying that this head could save them... [More]
Comment icon #23 Posted by Dabel6 on 3 August, 2015, 5:16
I've seen this same picture a few years back
Comment icon #24 Posted by Nihilum on 2 November, 2015, 20:46
Cleavage apparition. I approve.
Comment icon #25 Posted by AustinHinton on 10 November, 2015, 2:46
I really don't want to say this but, it looks fake. I see a woman in what might be a sweater/hoodie photographed at night. You can even see what appears to be her elbow blocking some of the light source in the background. I have seen this kind of thing before, the persons skin tends to show up better than their clothing, especially if said clothing is rather dark. The same goes for hair.
Comment icon #26 Posted by spirit unknown on 2 December, 2015, 4:04
There is literally no context to this shot. Most definitely a reflection. Would be better if it wasn't so zoomed in and cropped. To me: It's a picture of a person in the dark. That's it!

Candidate claims to be a 'government psychic'
6-17-2019
Michigan congressional candidate Kevin Seamon has made some rather peculiar claims about his past.
Fusion could power spacecraft within 10 years
6-17-2019
A new type of nuclear fusion propulsion system could see spacecraft make it to Saturn in a matter of months.
Animals will likely 'downsize' in the future
6-17-2019
A new study has suggested that larger animals will go extinct while smaller, insect-eating animals will thrive.
Uber unveils futuristic flying taxi service
6-16-2019
The popular ride-hailing firm has revealed its ambitious vision of a future where road taxis are a thing of the past.
Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx

Bed shaking
6-15-2019 | India

Red floating lights
6-15-2019 | Canada

A night-time encounter
5-28-2019 | Missouri

UFO flies over home
5-28-2019 | Ypsilanti, Mi

Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment