Thursday, April 9, 2020

Woman accidentally cooks using shower gel

Posted on Friday, 7 August, 2015 | Comment icon 40 comments

Is it really possible to mistake cooking oil for shower gel ? Image Credit: Facebook / Melony Jackson
For the longest time Melony Jackson couldn't work out what was making her cooking taste so disgusting.
In what could be one of the most ridiculous cooking mishaps ever, a woman from West Horsham in West Sussex discovered to her horror that for several months she had been mistakenly using a bottle of olive oil based shower gel in her cooking in place of actual olive oil.

While the £5.40 bottle of shower gel admittedly does look like it could be a culinary product at a glance, the words 'shower gel' at the bottom of the label ought to have been a bit of a giveaway.
According to her post on Facebook Melony ended up throwing away two saucepans because she believed they were responsible for her food tasting strange. She even considered changing her dishwasher as well until she finally realized the extent of her blunder.

"Turns out what I thought was olive oil was olive oil shower gel," she wrote.

"Chef of the week award is not mine."

Source: Mirror | Comments (40)

Tags: Cooking, Shower Gel, Olive Oil

Comment icon #31 Posted by Jackscolon on 8 August, 2015, 13:46
Ps: all fans of the Simpsons family will surely recognise the reference...
Comment icon #32 Posted by seeder on 8 August, 2015, 16:15
I was merely wondering in what way this is either mysterious or unexplained? Well, it has been posted in the "Weird, Bizarre, and Offbeat" section, if you browse the other topics in this same section, you'll see the stories are all that, whacky, fun, stupid, silly etc! In other sections you can find your mysteries and unexplained.
Comment icon #33 Posted by Jackscolon on 8 August, 2015, 18:10
Comment icon #34 Posted by Cat_From_Hell on 8 August, 2015, 20:18
Yes I realise that, Seeder, and I do apologise if I in any way have given offence to you or your topic. It was not intended in all seriousness! I know my original comment was shallow and childish in its form and that the joke it references may not be shared by all. All though I initially felt unfairly singled out by the moderator, I will now heed the advice given and stimulate my curiosity elsewhere. There is plenty of other sections for that as you so correctly state in your post above. Enjoy P.s, Does anybody watch The Simpsons anymore?
Comment icon #35 Posted by seeder on 8 August, 2015, 20:29
Yes I realise that, Seeder, and I do apologise if I in any way have given offence to you or your topic. Apologies not needed, I post a wide variety of topics, cant please everyone! But I appreciate your words nonetheless.
Comment icon #36 Posted by ShortyStuff on 10 August, 2015, 0:26
Here's your sign ..
Comment icon #37 Posted by dalv on 10 August, 2015, 0:48
The words "shower gel" are smaller and come behind "olive oil" in the deion. Not a good idea it seems.
Comment icon #38 Posted by Calibeliever on 10 August, 2015, 17:08
I'm bored.. This is boring... Stop boring everyone! hehe Homer Simpson. I got it right away And yes, this is a silly thread
Comment icon #39 Posted by regeneratia on 28 August, 2015, 1:51
Well, I bet that event certainly gets to the bottom of it.
Comment icon #40 Posted by pixiii on 28 August, 2015, 9:22
Must've been the most unscented shower gel EVER. LOL

Mystery 15th-Century skeleton found in Ireland
4-9-2020
A skeleton found buried on the banks of a river in Dublin has turned out to be more than 600 years old.
Revisiting Hubble's iconic 'Pillars of Creation'
4-8-2020
One of the most celebrated astronomy photographs of all time has been revisited some 25 years later.
4-8-2020
Hundreds of locals recently took to the streets to witness what they believed was a vision of Jesus.
Gigantic string-like sea creature caught on film
4-8-2020
This huge rope-link organism - the largest of its kind ever recorded - was spotted off the coast of Australia.
In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan