Monday, December 9, 2019

Girl 'possessed' after using Ouija board app

Posted on Sunday, 11 October, 2015 | Comment icon 53 comments

Some people consider Ouija boards dangerous. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Seth A Thurston
The 18-year-old was allegedly possessed by an evil spirit after participating in a Ouija board session.
Patricia Quispe from Chosica in Peru's Lima province had been spending time with her friends when they decided to try their hand at communicating with spirits using a Ouija board mobile phone app.

Upon returning home however the girl started to feel unwell and her parents ended up having to phone for an ambulance when she started foaming at the mouth and convulsing on the floor.

Medics struggled to restrain her as she started screaming "666" and "let me go, let me go".
Witnesses claimed that the girl's voice had become much deeper than normal and that her personality had changed - factors leading to the suggestion that she had been possessed.

Critics on the other hand have argued that her symptoms were likely to be the result of either a medical condition or some form of hysteria brought about by the previous day's Ouija session.

The 18-year-old has since been admitted to a psychiatric ward for further evaluation.

Source: News.com.au | Comments (53)

Tags: Ouija, Possession

Comment icon #44 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 18 October, 2015, 9:07
I sort of have a somewhat similar idea, or did - that the paranormal is basically a constant companion of the human race, almost like a permanent fixture of mystery, intended to spur us on to reearch and discover, never being truly solvable, but leading to new progresses. I always liked that idea, and still do, but I don't really think it's in any "intelligent" way - maybe an ineffible natural mechanism or something. There is constantly a mystery, so man constantly strives to understand it, and it can get more "pinned down" each generation, yet somehow becomes stranger at the same time, making... [More]
Comment icon #45 Posted by alibongo on 18 October, 2015, 9:09
That statement should be put forward for the worst most ridiculous quote ever made Why? God created everything, we are taught?
Comment icon #46 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 18 October, 2015, 9:13
Why? God created everything, we are taught? The sheep are taught to follow the shepard....
Comment icon #47 Posted by Calibeliever on 18 October, 2015, 13:17
God would not have created the paranormal if he did not wish us to enjoy it. That statement should be put forward for the worst most ridiculous quote ever made I thought it was hilarious
Comment icon #48 Posted by alibongo on 18 October, 2015, 14:25
I think some of the paranormal is natural phenomena that science has yet to explain-like the lights that appear in the sky just before earthquakes, ball lightning and such like. The occult is just superstitious nonsense like religion.
Comment icon #49 Posted by Norbert the Powerful on 18 October, 2015, 14:28
That statement should be put forward for the worst most ridiculous quote ever made Have you thought it might have been tongue in cheek?
Comment icon #50 Posted by Sam. on 18 October, 2015, 20:09
I guess it doesn't matter if you are using a mobile app or an actual wooden board, opening oneself too much to negative influences can be dangerous for some people. I am not saying this was an evil entity but it's a strange fit, even the medical team had difficulties restraining her. So even if this was psychiatrical and not necesserely occult in nature, it shows that vulnerable and suggestible individuals should stay away from the Oui of ja and other means of spirit communication.
Comment icon #51 Posted by Paranormalcy on 18 October, 2015, 20:46
To Sam I agree, because even I think the Ouija board has all the arcane trappings of an 80s troll doll, people that are not mentally or emotionally... "solid" I'll say, can become obsessed or semi-traumatized, if their imagination runs away with them and they get into a constant period of anxiety, etc. Those people do not need to even think about being around Ouija boards, even if THEY don't believe they work - as I know from my own depression and anxiety, just because in your head you know when something isn't reasonable, your body and brain chemistry is not obligated to behave according to y... [More]
Comment icon #52 Posted by AstralPhae on 20 November, 2015, 1:21
Ouija board app? No thank you.
Comment icon #53 Posted by Madomeselle X on 1 January, 2016, 21:54
You should watch what happens when you blindfold the guys using the Ouija Board - then flip it upside down without them knowing it. It's hilarious!!!

Can dogs smell the passage of time ?
12-9-2019
Some dogs seem to have the uncanny ability to know exactly when their owner is returning home, but how ?
'Expedition Bigfoot' set to track down Sasquatch
12-8-2019
A new TV series will follow a team of Bigfoot hunters as they attempt to find evidence of the creature's existence.
Plants 'scream' when stressed out, study finds
12-8-2019
Scientists have discovered that plants emit ultrasonic 'squeals' when stressed due to drought or damage.
Pentagon in U-turn over secretive UFO program
12-8-2019
The US government has completely changed its story over the purpose of its now-cancelled UFO program.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia