Ghosts & Hauntings
11 school children pass out after Ouija board session in Colombia
By T.K. Randall
November 11, 2022 · 25 comments
Was a Ouija board responsible ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Dialog Center Images
According to reports, the youngsters were found unconscious and suffering from various physical ailments.
The unnerving incident occurred at the Agricultural Technical Institute in Hato, Columbia where shocked teachers discovered the unresponsive pupils collapsed in a corridor.
Reportedly suffering from symptoms ranging from muscle spasms to severe vomiting, they were taken to the Manuela Beltran Hospital in the city's Socorro district to receive treatment.
What made the case particularly unusual was the claim that the children - who had been aged between 13 and 17 - had ended up in this state after playing around with a Ouija board.
"The children were passed out, at the time they were found they were short of breath and thick drool was coming out of their mouths," said the city's mayor, Jose Pablo Toloza Rondon.
"It is not ruled out that it was the Ouija board, that is part of the investigation."
Medics, on the other hand, suggested that contaminated food or water might be to blame.
"We went to El Hato and we found 11 patients between 13 and 17 years old with vomiting, abdominal pain and muscle spasms," said emergency medical coordinator Juan Pablo Vargas Noguera.
"We did not find psychological alteration in the children, taking into account that it was said that it would have been from playing the Ouija board."
"The medical report says it was due to food poisoning."
An investigation into the incident remains ongoing.
| Comments (25)