Monday, October 14, 2019

Man watches Star Wars for 46 hours straight

Posted on Wednesday, 23 December, 2015 | Comment icon 9 comments

Star Wars remains a global phenomenon. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Doug Kline
Jim Braden has taken binge-viewing to a whole new level by spending almost two days watching Star Wars.
Fans of the epic sci-fi saga will have been eagerly queuing up to watch The Force Awakens at cinemas over the last few days, but even the most die-hard of Star Wars obsessives is unlikely to have attempted to watch all the movies back-to-back non-stop for a whole 46 hours.

40-year-old Braden, who is a content strategist at Dell, was one of seven fans who participated in the Alamo Drafthouse cinema chainís Star Wars marathon which involved sitting in a movie theater to watch through the entire saga - all six of the original and prequel films as well as episode VII - repeatedly in an endless loop until all the other participants had dropped out.

"I wanted to demonstrate my passion," he said. "I grew up with Star Wars. As a kid, the simple morality just appealed to me. Everybody likes a white-hat hero they can get behind."

Braden had to rely on US Navy Seal breathing techniques to help him get through the ordeal.

"We put ourselves through hell mentally and physically," he said. "Watching it became almost a hallucinatory experienceÖ one other guy complained of having chest pains and dropped out."

"I came out of it saying that I still enjoyed the movie. Thatís how you know itís good."

Source: The Guardian | Comments (9)

Tags: Star Wars

Comment icon #1 Posted by bubblykiss on 23 December, 2015, 16:24
Well, for the next 10 glowing minutes I won't feel a nagging dread about my own misspent life.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Iron_Lotus on 23 December, 2015, 16:29
I liked the new movie I liked the ot 46 hours of star wars including the prequels would be torture. inhumane torture.
Comment icon #3 Posted by highdesert50 on 23 December, 2015, 19:09
After 48 hours of sitting I would suspect one would be more bedeviled with hemorrhoids than androids.
Comment icon #4 Posted by little_dreamer on 23 December, 2015, 19:10
He probably took an extended bathroom break each time Attack of the Clones was on screen.
Comment icon #5 Posted by OverSword on 23 December, 2015, 20:24
By now he must realize that they really just aren't that great.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Infernal Gnu on 23 December, 2015, 20:44
I would not mind watching Jar Jar Binks tortured to death and eaten by some ewoks for 46 minutes.
Comment icon #7 Posted by jarjarbinks on 23 December, 2015, 20:55
I would have drop after 10min of episode 1 LOL
Comment icon #8 Posted by Chibadiba on 24 December, 2015, 8:25
Been there, done that except I also included the clone wars mini series and that episode VII wasn't out yet.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Hartmut on 24 December, 2015, 12:40
Well, Basically I can't see anything wrong with watching the Star Wars saga for 46 hours! In fact, I think we all would be better off, if any of those who miss-spent their hours - overindulging in drinking, fighting or takings detrimental drugs - would instead rather be watching Star Wars movies !

World's largest Ouija board unveiled in Salem
10-14-2019
A gigantic record-breaking version of the infamous spirit board has been set up on the historic Salem Common.
Scientists discover prehistoric 'mold pigs'
10-14-2019
A previously unknown species of microscopic creature has been discovered perfectly preserved in amber.
Arachnophobe finds a live spider in his ear
10-13-2019
When Liam Gomez felt a peculiar sensation in his ear, it signalled the beginning of his worst nightmare.
Analyst: 'US needs to investigate Navy UFOs'
10-13-2019
Marik Von Rennenkampff maintains that it's important for the US to investigate recent pilot accounts of UFOs.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ