Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Helicopter chases triangular UFOs over Devon

Posted on Wednesday, 14 September, 2016 | Comment icon 20 comments

What were the two objects and who was pursuing them ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Several witnesses have reported seeing a helicopter pursuing two triangular shaped objects over Exmouth.
The incident, which occurred at around 10:30pm on Monday, certainly didn't go unnoticed.

"I know it sounds crazy but I saw what I saw," said one witness who wished to remain anonymous. "I wish I got a picture. I would be very surprised if no one else saw them or heard the helicopter."

"The two of them were bouncing around and then the helicopter turned up and seemed to try and chase them through the sky. They bounced one way and then the other and then headed back in land, not towards the sea."

"They went off pretty quickly, not supersonic or anything, but faster than a plane. The helicopter was trying to follow them but gave up and headed towards Sidmouth."

Another resident, who also wished to remain anonymous, submitted a very similar report.

"I believe I have seen the same thing," he said. "On hearing the sound of a helicopter I looked out to see if it was another police chopper. I am a serving soldier and I can say I've never seen anything move in the way these objects were."

Other witnesses reported hearing the helicopter circling the area for some time and one man even described seeing a "blue laser light" and a "green steady light" as the objects passed overhead.

Exactly what the objects were and why they were being pursued however remains a mystery.

Source: Plymouth Herald | Comments (20)

Tags: UFO, Devon

Comment icon #11 Posted by Mr.United_Nations on 15 September, 2016, 2:05
No. But where i live on the south coast the lynx naval helicopters are sometimes seen
Comment icon #12 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 15 September, 2016, 7:04
For either a multi mach experimental aircraft or light speed/dimensional jumping ufo, a sub 200mph helicopter wouldn't be my first choice pursuit vehicle
Comment icon #13 Posted by paperdyer on 15 September, 2016, 16:09
It's a normal assumption by most individuals to associate that a know vehicle, in this case the helicopter, would be pursuing an unknown, in this case the triangle. But I agree you can't jump to that conclusion. Logic and rational thought before expressing an opinion or explanation is not the norm for most people. Just look at Donald trump.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 15 September, 2016, 16:32
It would be mine, especially following something that can stop on a dime. A fighter is not going to catch it anyway.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Kurzweil on 15 September, 2016, 20:30
If I were in charge I'd send out the hot air balloon brigade. They'd have to be the fancy ones like giant cartoon characters. You know, to intimidate.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Essan on 15 September, 2016, 21:01
How do you tell an object is triangular when seen in the sky at night? Did the witnesses have night vision googles? Or just an avid imagination?
Comment icon #17 Posted by back to earth on 15 September, 2016, 22:46
Comment icon #18 Posted by curiouse on 16 September, 2016, 12:25
No footage ? How Unusual .
Comment icon #19 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 16 September, 2016, 14:12
Maybe it sounded "triangular" as it passed overhead.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Sweetpumper on 16 September, 2016, 14:52
Damn, that company has it's hands in everything.

Your earliest memory may be fake, study claims
7-18-2018
Scientists maintain that our earliest memories could not have happened the way we remember them.
New geological era named the Meghalayan Age
7-18-2018
Scientists have announced that the last 4,200 years of Earth's history have been given an official name.
Twelve new moons discovered around Jupiter
7-17-2018
The discovery means that the gas giant has a total of 79 moons - more than any other planet in the solar system.
5,500-year-old tomb discovered in Ireland
7-17-2018
A megalithic tomb unearthed in County Meath has been described by archaeologists as the 'find of a lifetime'.
Spinning a record to pieces
Posted 7-15-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another intriguing slow motion experiment with old vinyl records.

Pearlfish's gross hiding spot
Posted 7-8-2018 | 1 comment
A pearlfish finds a particularly unappealing place to hide on the ocean floor.

What jobs will flourish in the future ?
Posted 7-5-2018 | 2 comments
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku predicts which jobs will be important in the future.

Skunked
Posted 7-1-2018 | 0 comments
Coyote Peterson meets a rather adorable skunk - but can he avoid getting sprayed ?

Magic spelling
Posted 6-27-2018 | 0 comments
Michael and Dianna check out Jim Steinmeyer's 'Nine Card Speller' magic trick.

Huge black triangle UFO
6-13-2018 | Mt Maunganui New Zealand

Ghastly intuition
6-13-2018 | Bay Area CA

A haunted... desk?
6-13-2018 | Peoria, Illinois

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA