Monday, December 10, 2018

Helicopter chases triangular UFOs over Devon

Posted on Wednesday, 14 September, 2016 | Comment icon 20 comments

What were the two objects and who was pursuing them ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Several witnesses have reported seeing a helicopter pursuing two triangular shaped objects over Exmouth.
The incident, which occurred at around 10:30pm on Monday, certainly didn't go unnoticed.

"I know it sounds crazy but I saw what I saw," said one witness who wished to remain anonymous. "I wish I got a picture. I would be very surprised if no one else saw them or heard the helicopter."

"The two of them were bouncing around and then the helicopter turned up and seemed to try and chase them through the sky. They bounced one way and then the other and then headed back in land, not towards the sea."

"They went off pretty quickly, not supersonic or anything, but faster than a plane. The helicopter was trying to follow them but gave up and headed towards Sidmouth."

Another resident, who also wished to remain anonymous, submitted a very similar report.

"I believe I have seen the same thing," he said. "On hearing the sound of a helicopter I looked out to see if it was another police chopper. I am a serving soldier and I can say I've never seen anything move in the way these objects were."

Other witnesses reported hearing the helicopter circling the area for some time and one man even described seeing a "blue laser light" and a "green steady light" as the objects passed overhead.

Exactly what the objects were and why they were being pursued however remains a mystery.

Source: Plymouth Herald | Comments (20)

Tags: UFO, Devon

Comment icon #11 Posted by Mr.United_Nations on 15 September, 2016, 2:05
No. But where i live on the south coast the lynx naval helicopters are sometimes seen
Comment icon #12 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 15 September, 2016, 7:04
For either a multi mach experimental aircraft or light speed/dimensional jumping ufo, a sub 200mph helicopter wouldn't be my first choice pursuit vehicle
Comment icon #13 Posted by paperdyer on 15 September, 2016, 16:09
It's a normal assumption by most individuals to associate that a know vehicle, in this case the helicopter, would be pursuing an unknown, in this case the triangle.  But I agree you can't jump to that conclusion.  Logic and rational thought before expressing an opinion  or explanation is not the norm for most people.  Just look at Donald trump.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 15 September, 2016, 16:32
It would be mine, especially following something that can stop on a dime. A fighter is not going to catch it anyway.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Kurzweil on 15 September, 2016, 20:30
If I were in charge I'd send out the hot air balloon brigade. They'd have to be the fancy ones like giant cartoon characters. You know, to intimidate.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Essan on 15 September, 2016, 21:01
How do you tell  an object is triangular when seen in the sky at night? Did the witnesses have night vision googles?  Or just an avid imagination?
Comment icon #17 Posted by back to earth on 15 September, 2016, 22:46
Comment icon #18 Posted by curiouse on 16 September, 2016, 12:25
No footage ? How Unusual .
Comment icon #19 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 16 September, 2016, 14:12
Maybe it sounded "triangular" as it passed overhead.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Sweetpumper on 16 September, 2016, 14:52
Damn, that company has it's hands in everything.

Voyager 2 has now entered interstellar space
12-10-2018
NASA has confirmed that the probe has become the second spacecraft ever to leave the heliosphere.
Creepy figure appears in video chat footage
12-10-2018
Lori Simmons got the fright of her life recently after her friend spotted someone standing right behind her.
1,000mph supersonic car project has been axed
12-9-2018
The highly ambitious Bloodhound SSC has now gone up for sale following a spate of financial difficulties.
'Giant squirrel' claim turns out to be a mistake
12-9-2018
A photograph of an eastern fox squirrel alleged to be a whopping 2ft tall has been raising eyebrows recently.
Humboldt squid takes a bite
Posted 12-10-2018 | 1 comment
A look at what happened when Steve Backshall met a rather large Humboldt squid.

Rainbow jelly tennis
Posted 12-3-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another ridiculous slow motion experiment involving jelly.

Progress launch timelapse
Posted 11-24-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the recent launch of the Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft.

The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

The last reef of the Galapagos
Posted 11-12-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the enigmatic world that lies beneath the ocean off the Galapagos Islands.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York