Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Real-life snake on a plane disrupts flight

November 10, 2016 | Comment icon 9 comments

This is the last thing you want to see above your seat. Image Credit: @Inda_Medina via Twitter
The large green reptile slithered out of a ceiling compartment during a routine flight to Mexico City.
In the cult classic movie 'Snakes on a Plane', Samuel L. Jackon has his work cut out for him when a plane he is traveling on is suddenly overcome by dozens of large and very dangerous snakes.

While this week's incident is not quite as chaotic, passengers aboard an Aeromexico flight were still subjected to the frightening prospect of sharing the plane with a rather large reptilian stowaway.

Airline staff moved quickly to clear a space as the snake, which had somehow managed to end up inside the storage bins above the passenger seats, dangled down from the ceiling.

Footage of the incident, which has since gone viral, can be viewed below.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (9)

Comment icon #1 Posted by Still Waters 6 years ago
I wouldn't have been too keen at the thought of it falling down on top of my head!
Comment icon #2 Posted by AdealJustice 6 years ago
snakes on a plane pt 2
Comment icon #3 Posted by Susanc241 6 years ago
Does anyone know what sort of snake that was - venomous? I am only wary of the dangerous ones, otherwise I could have caught it if it didn't disappear again into some crevice.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Sundew 6 years ago
My best guess (and I have kept a few snakes) is that it is a constrictor of some sort and therefore likely not venomous. I don't know if it is actually green or that is from the fluorescent lighting. Snake scales can scatter light into various colors, just look at a Rainbow Boa. The only truly green constrictor I am familiar with in the New World is the Emerald Tree Boa from South America, but this does not appear to be one; they are brilliant grass green with white markings and a yellow ventral surface. It may be a type of boa, or possible a type of rat snake it's hard to tell from the poor f... [More]
Comment icon #5 Posted by DieChecker 6 years ago
Anyone know if Samuel Jackson was on the plane?
Comment icon #6 Posted by paperdyer 6 years ago
I wouldn't care what type os snake it was.  I'm like Indiana Jones when it comes to those reptiles.  You would have hear a WTH or WTF than a scream and definitely cursing from then one.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Ryan109b 6 years ago
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER****ING SNAKES ON THIS MOTHER****ING PLANE!
Comment icon #8 Posted by Lilly 6 years ago
LOL! I'd have been more scared about being on a plane than the snake being over head (fear of flying, no fear of snakes).
Comment icon #9 Posted by Lilly 6 years ago
Could have been a Mexican horned pit viper...they do come in green: http://www.arkive.org/mexican-horned-pitviper/ophryacus-undulatus/ Or a green palm viper (also found in Mexico).

Total Posts: 7,313,937    Topics: 300,924    Members: 198,009