Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Man tracks 'Bigfoot' for over seven miles

Posted on Sunday, 15 January, 2017 | Comment icon 206 comments

Is there an undiscovered primate roaming the wilds of North America ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Experienced tracker Christopher Bauer followed a set of large footprints for miles across North Dakota.
The incident occurred near Ellendale, Dickey County at Christmas after a family friend of Bauer reported seeing a large creature out of her kitchen window.

"She described him as a huge, hairy, ugly monster and I guess that kind of describes it, if a Sasquatch is looking through the window at you, that's how I'd describe him, too," he said.

Bauer set off to track the creature through the snow but soon found that its footprints, which measured 18 by 8 inches, went on for more than seven miles.

"Picked up the trail down that way about 20-yards in, right in the open and then crossed the highway and made his way to the hills, I think," he said. "He has a four foot stride and when he hits, he makes a deep impression. So it really wasn't hard to track him, it really wasn't."

Sadly though, despite following the trail for miles, Bauer ultimately failed to locate his quarry.

"The truth is out there. It's there. I know he is, I tracked him," he said.

A local news report with footage and photographs can be viewed - here.

Source: Grand Forks Herald | Comments (206)

Tags: Bigfoot, North Dakota

Comment icon #197 Posted by PrisonerX on 17 January, 2017, 17:01
Sasquatch seems to me like more of a snot rocket shooter than a nose picker, but yea, maybe. But I'm inclined to go with the actual tracker's opinion on the matter, which was that it was possibly searching out a small animal to eat.
Comment icon #198 Posted by papageorge1 on 17 January, 2017, 17:12
Do they ever tell the truth to the best of their ability?
Comment icon #199 Posted by aquatus1 on 17 January, 2017, 18:28
A great many do just that, they sincerely tell the truth to the very best of their ability, and will be personally offended at even the hint that they are not doing so. In an unrelated note, a great many humans also have a lot of trouble admitting human fallacies to themselves.
Comment icon #200 Posted by rickey888 on 17 January, 2017, 20:17
there is no bigfoot, except for vague videos , photos, there is no real evidence for a supposed 7 foot monster roaming the woods, how has there been no real evidence. Eyewitness testimonyis not good enough, most of the people claiming to see anything are crazy kooks looking for attention.
Comment icon #201 Posted by Still Waters on 2 February, 2017, 15:37
Latest developments in Ellendale bigfoot saga
Comment icon #202 Posted by rashore on 2 February, 2017, 15:43
Oh my lord. I've had some drunken fun in the snow before but... to wander in the woods as a bigfoot lark never occurred to me. That's just silly. It's one thing to lark your friends, but another to randomly wander in the woods alone hoping someone will catch it. Too dang cold for that for me, lol. Thanks for the update
Comment icon #203 Posted by Carnoferox on 2 February, 2017, 16:03
I would say I am surprised, but then I would be lying.
Comment icon #204 Posted by Farmer77 on 2 February, 2017, 16:17
7 miles in the snow in "homemade sasquatch slippers"? IDK man 7 miles?
Comment icon #205 Posted by Still Waters on 2 February, 2017, 16:34
It would be helpfulif whoever wrote that anonymous letter would come forward, if nothing else it should stop the guy from believing the prints were made by Bigfoot.
Comment icon #206 Posted by Dunbaraj on 18 February, 2017, 23:42
I'd like to get a forensic artist in there to sketch the face that woman saw.

Uranus smells like rotten eggs, say scientists
4-23-2018
Hydrogen sulfide, which gives rotten eggs their smell, has been discovered in the seventh planet's atmosphere.
'Super Earth' aliens may be trapped by gravity
4-23-2018
On planets more massive than the Earth, launching things in to space will be a lot more challenging.
Bill Gates backs 'big brother' satellite network
4-23-2018
Known as EarthNow, the project aims to offer live streaming of the entire planet 24 hours a day.
Asteroid mining could be worth trillions
4-22-2018
According to Goldman Sachs, asteroid mining has the potential to produce the world's first trillionaires.
What does space smell like ?
Posted 4-23-2018 | 0 comments
Does the vacuum of space actually smell of anything and if so, what ?

Why is US paper money green ?
Posted 4-22-2018 | 0 comments
Simon Whistler investigates why the color green was used when printing US bank notes.

Revealing the secrets of the deep ocean
Posted 4-19-2018 | 0 comments
Scientist Mandy Joye has dedicated her life to exploring the depths of the world's oceans.

Giant 3D-printed man
Posted 4-15-2018 | 2 comments
British YouTuber James Bruton has created a giant 3D-printed sculpture of himself.

The world's roundest object
Posted 4-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at how the roundest object can help us to define the humble kilogram.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA