Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Exorcist was killed by 'malevolent force'

Posted on Sunday, 15 January, 2017 | Comment icon 30 comments

Was Fr. Martin really killed by a malevolent entity ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Father Malachi Martin, who inspired the movie 'The Exorcist', was allegedly killed by an unseen force.
The real-life exorcist, who is the subject of a new Netflix documentary entitled "Hostage to the Devil", was an Irish Catholic priest and author who had written several books about demonic possession.

During the making of the documentary, writer and producer Rachel Lysaght uncovered some unusual facts surrounding Fr. Martin's death back in July 1999.

"We filmed with one of Malachi Martin's very close friends, a former CIA agent called Robert Marrow, who's an amazing interviewee because he has such excellent recall," she said.
Shortly before his death, Fr. Martin, who was 78 at the time, had offered to attend the home of a young girl who was allegedly possessed by a malevolent entity.

When he arrived at the house, the girl he was there to exorcise, who was a mere four years old, walked straight up to him and said "so you're Malachi Martin and you think you can help her !"

Marrow, who had been there at the time of the exorcism having driven Fr. Martin to the house, described the experience as the "most disturbing thing he'd ever witnessed."

Fr. Martin sadly died a short time later from head injuries he sustained in a fall. According to Marrow however, the 78-year-old had believed that an 'unseen force' had pushed him to the ground.

Source: Catholic Online | Comments (30)

Tags: Exorcist, Father Malachi Martin

Comment icon #21 Posted by preacherman76 on 16 January, 2017, 15:36
If anything I understand about God is true, God doesn't fight with the devil. Might play a game or two with him, usually at someone's expense. But its not fight. Biblically Gods holds all of creation together with his very thoughts. He could simply speak the devil out of existence. Its like an ant vs an elephant.
Comment icon #22 Posted by rashore on 16 January, 2017, 15:41
Awww preacher, I meant it in jest... I wasn't being serious or getting into theology there.
Comment icon #23 Posted by preacherman76 on 16 January, 2017, 15:47
lol yea that occurred to me after I wrote it, but I figured I'd put it out there anyway
Comment icon #24 Posted by rashore on 16 January, 2017, 15:50
It's because Netflix made a new documentary about him called "Hostage to the Devil" that they released yesterday. I don't know the backstory as to why they opted to do so at this time, but of course it got picked up by the tabloids and some of the religious papers. I think it's kind of... refreshing I guess. I'm tired of hollywood hashing and revamping the dickens out of the same ole stories, or having super mashups of multiwhatevers of CGItactularness... Just the plain ole exorcist story hasn't been hashed to death in a while.
Comment icon #25 Posted by papageorge1 on 18 January, 2017, 4:44
It sounds reasonable to me and we can't know for sure. Malevolent entities pushing someone is not all an uncommon claim in possession stories. If you believe in possession phenomena and malevolent entities this is not all that hard to believe. Many sober adults have claimed to witness powerful physical paranormal phenomena in these cases.
Comment icon #26 Posted by LostSouls7 on 18 January, 2017, 7:16
This was quite scary. I will have sweet dreams tonight indeed
Comment icon #27 Posted by Crystal Rose on 30 January, 2017, 6:43
It is actually quite often that spirits, ghosts, demons, etc. are involved with death and horrible occurrences. I dealt with one not to long ago that admitted through a spirit box that it caused several peoples' car accidents and my near car crash. -_- (should have killed the b***** instead of banishing him.)
Comment icon #28 Posted by Sundew on 27 February, 2017, 2:29
Acts 19:11-16 has a interesting encounter between a demon possessed man and Jewish "exorcists." It starts with the Apostle Paul and references to his working of miracles in the name of Jesus. Apparently some of the other Jews present were envious of Paul's success and tried to evoke the Lord's name without having the Lord's power guiding them. The result's were the demon speaking through the man, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?" and the possessed man beat them bloody and stripped them naked so that they fled form the home where this incident took place.  The Bible is pre... [More]
Comment icon #29 Posted by Black Monk on 27 February, 2017, 11:14
Here is what the article in the opening post says: Fr. Martin sadly died a short time later from head injuries he sustained in a fall. According to Marrow, however, the 78-year-old had believed that an 'unseen force' had pushed him to the ground.
Comment icon #30 Posted by preacherman76 on 27 February, 2017, 13:42
Just saw this the other day. It was really creepy when that guy described how that 4 year old girl rolled down the car window and blew the priest a kiss. Sounds innocent enough, but the way it was described was creepy as hell lol.

Mystery surrounds 'T-34' written on polar bear
12-9-2019
An investigation is currently underway in an effort to track down who is responsible for painting the animal.
ESA to launch space debris collector in 2025
12-9-2019
If successful, the mission will be the first ever to remove a piece of space junk from Earth's orbit.
Can dogs smell the passage of time ?
12-9-2019
Some dogs seem to have the uncanny ability to know exactly when their owner is returning home, but how ?
'Expedition Bigfoot' set to track down Sasquatch
12-8-2019
A new TV series will follow a team of Bigfoot hunters as they attempt to find evidence of the creature's existence.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia