Thursday, December 3, 2020

Exorcist banishes 'poltergeist' from family home

Posted on Thursday, 7 November, 2019 | Comment icon 15 comments

Some exorcists have been called upon hundreds of times. Image Credit: Public Domain
A young couple was forced to flee from their house in Hull, England after a spate of paranormal disturbances.
While the 1973 movie 'The Exorcist' is most assuredly fictional, ghosts and demons are actually taken very seriously by the Church - so much so in fact that even to this day, there exist actual real-life exorcists who offer their services to those who need them.

One particularly notable example of an exorcist in action occurred back in 2011 and involved the case of a young couple who had been tormented by what they believed to be a malevolent force.

Over the course of three years, they experienced strange sounds, objects being thrown around, electronics being switched on and off, sightings of unknown figures and mysterious voices.

The woman's mother even claimed to have been 'choked' whenever she visited the house.

Everything changed however when Reverend Tom Willis was called in to conduct an exorcism.

"The blessing was quite routine but I rarely feel anything and I have never seen a ghost," he said. "Hauntings are usually lonely spirits that have refused to move on."

"What I do brings relief to both the spirit and those bothered by it."
"I sometimes get a feeling but, for the most part, I just let God deal with it."

Sure enough, within a week of his visit the couple started to feel a lot better about the house.

"I can breathe again now," said the woman. "It is like the house has filled with fresh air. It feels strange, like I have my house back."

Her husband agreed, adding - "While everyone was upstairs, I started to feel a lot better. The cold feelings I've been having have gone."

Sadly Reverend Willis, who carried out hundreds of exorcisms, died back in 2014.

Whether or not you happen to believe in ghosts and demons however, there is no denying the impact that Willis and others like him have had on the lives of those who do.

Ultimately perhaps, such cases are, above all, a testament to the power of belief.

Source: Hull Daily Mail | Comments (15)

Tags: Poltergeist, Exorcism

Comment icon #6 Posted by freetoroam on 8 November, 2019, 8:22
I do not understand, I would have thought bad energy would love a bit of evilness.  What do you mean by low level of existence,  are you referring to a priest?
Comment icon #7 Posted by openozy on 8 November, 2019, 9:01
I was trying to put a bit of humour in a horrible subject.   Yes,just the percentage that have delved as low as you could go.
Comment icon #8 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 8 November, 2019, 9:51
It's just an excuse to get out of Hull!!!! I'd make up a story to get out of there to.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Stiff on 8 November, 2019, 11:56
Hey! It's not as bad as it's made out  (OK, it can be)
Comment icon #10 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 8 November, 2019, 12:01
The further North you go the worse it gets
Comment icon #11 Posted by Jon the frog on 8 November, 2019, 13:11
Placebo: a beneficial effect produced by a placebo drug or treatment, which cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment.
Comment icon #12 Posted by jowasmus on 8 November, 2019, 14:45
My favorite part of this story is, "The blessing was quite routine but I rarely feel anything and I have never seen a ghost." Really? You don't say. LOL
Comment icon #13 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 8 November, 2019, 14:57
Its absolutely beyond!
Comment icon #14 Posted by greastimposter on 9 November, 2019, 8:10
- regardless of the outcome, this line suggests that the "tests" and permission structure for validating the exorcism is non existent.  They can just be "called in" now.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Tom1200 on 9 November, 2019, 12:37
"Heard creaking pipes, or your lights don't work? Who ya gonna call...?"

A third monolith has shown up in California
12-3-2020
The ongoing mystery of the metallic monoliths appearing around the world is showing no signs of slowing down.
Lottery probed after 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are drawn
12-3-2020
South Africa's national lottery has come under scrutiny after a perfect progression of numbers was drawn.
Witness sheds light on fate of Utah monolith
12-2-2020
A photographer who had been visiting the mysterious monolith claims he witnessed it being taken away.
Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball