Friday, November 15, 2019

Exorcist banishes 'poltergeist' from family home

Posted on Thursday, 7 November, 2019 | Comment icon 15 comments

Some exorcists have been called upon hundreds of times. Image Credit: Public Domain
A young couple was forced to flee from their house in Hull, England after a spate of paranormal disturbances.
While the 1973 movie 'The Exorcist' is most assuredly fictional, ghosts and demons are actually taken very seriously by the Church - so much so in fact that even to this day, there exist actual real-life exorcists who offer their services to those who need them.

One particularly notable example of an exorcist in action occurred back in 2011 and involved the case of a young couple who had been tormented by what they believed to be a malevolent force.

Over the course of three years, they experienced strange sounds, objects being thrown around, electronics being switched on and off, sightings of unknown figures and mysterious voices.

The woman's mother even claimed to have been 'choked' whenever she visited the house.

Everything changed however when Reverend Tom Willis was called in to conduct an exorcism.

"The blessing was quite routine but I rarely feel anything and I have never seen a ghost," he said. "Hauntings are usually lonely spirits that have refused to move on."

"What I do brings relief to both the spirit and those bothered by it."
"I sometimes get a feeling but, for the most part, I just let God deal with it."

Sure enough, within a week of his visit the couple started to feel a lot better about the house.

"I can breathe again now," said the woman. "It is like the house has filled with fresh air. It feels strange, like I have my house back."

Her husband agreed, adding - "While everyone was upstairs, I started to feel a lot better. The cold feelings I've been having have gone."

Sadly Reverend Willis, who carried out hundreds of exorcisms, died back in 2014.

Whether or not you happen to believe in ghosts and demons however, there is no denying the impact that Willis and others like him have had on the lives of those who do.

Ultimately perhaps, such cases are, above all, a testament to the power of belief.

Source: Hull Daily Mail | Comments (15)

Tags: Poltergeist, Exorcism

Comment icon #6 Posted by freetoroam on 8 November, 2019, 8:22
I do not understand, I would have thought bad energy would love a bit of evilness.  What do you mean by low level of existence,  are you referring to a priest?
Comment icon #7 Posted by openozy on 8 November, 2019, 9:01
I was trying to put a bit of humour in a horrible subject.   Yes,just the percentage that have delved as low as you could go.
Comment icon #8 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 8 November, 2019, 9:51
It's just an excuse to get out of Hull!!!! I'd make up a story to get out of there to.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Stiff on 8 November, 2019, 11:56
Hey! It's not as bad as it's made out  (OK, it can be)
Comment icon #10 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 8 November, 2019, 12:01
The further North you go the worse it gets
Comment icon #11 Posted by Jon the frog on 8 November, 2019, 13:11
Placebo: a beneficial effect produced by a placebo drug or treatment, which cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment.
Comment icon #12 Posted by jowasmus on 8 November, 2019, 14:45
My favorite part of this story is, "The blessing was quite routine but I rarely feel anything and I have never seen a ghost." Really? You don't say. LOL
Comment icon #13 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 8 November, 2019, 14:57
Its absolutely beyond!
Comment icon #14 Posted by greastimposter on 9 November, 2019, 8:10
- regardless of the outcome, this line suggests that the "tests" and permission structure for validating the exorcism is non existent.  They can just be "called in" now.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Tom1200 on 9 November, 2019, 12:37
"Heard creaking pipes, or your lights don't work? Who ya gonna call...?"

'Unicorn puppy' has a tail on its forehead
11-15-2019
Meet Narwhal, an adorable rescue dog from Missouri who happens to have a very unusual appendage.
Fossil tooth sheds light on world's largest ape
11-14-2019
Standing up to three meters tall, Gigantopithecus was the largest ape to ever walk the face of the Earth.
Weird cloud formation sparks UFO speculation
11-14-2019
This large circular 'hole' in the clouds over North Carolina left social media users scratching their heads this week.
Shots fired during attempted 'Bigfoot' break-in
11-14-2019
A man in Bainbridge Township, Ohio told police that he had been trying to dissuade an intruding Sasquatch.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia