Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Exorcist visits Icelandic farm near 'elf hill'

Posted on Wednesday, 1 July, 2020 | Comment icon 7 comments

Elves and ghosts are part of Iceland's local culture. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Dirk Heldmaier
The exorcism was performed following a lengthy spate of unexplained phenomena in and around the property.
Steeped with folklore and mythology, Iceland is certainly no stranger to tales of ghosts, elves and other fantastical creatures. Even today, there are many who take such things very seriously indeed.

In one recent example, power company Landsvirkjun took the decision to hire an exorcist - Reverend Kristinn Agust Fridfinnsson - to deal with an alleged haunting at an old farm near Hvolsvollur.

The farm's owner - Daniel Magnusson - was adamant that the place was home to a ghost.

"It was probably around 2002 that I noticed my cows were perturbed," he said. " I had a dog then, who would fetch them while I was tending to the cowshed."
He recalled "a great fog" which rose up in the air, before feeling a ghostly hand on his shoulder.

"I didn't feel well, but when I calmed them down, I went into the cowshed and it was like I had been splashed in the face with icy water," he said. "I hesitated, but kept going, and it was such a strong feeling, like I had been plunged into water several meters deep."

The farm itself is allegedly built on an "elf hill", with the farm structures strategically placed to avoid disturbing any little people that may reside there.

"We thought it was self-evident and natural to go with the wishes and recommendations of Daniel about getting an exorcist before the building was demolished," said Landsvirkjun project manager Olof Ros Karadottir. "He knows the area best of all."

Source: Grapevine.is | Comments (7)

Tags: Exorcism

Comment icon #1 Posted by DirtyDocMartens on 1 July, 2020, 11:40
Not cool, man. Leave the elves alone.
Comment icon #2 Posted by papageorge1 on 1 July, 2020, 15:02
Why call it an exorcism? The activity doesn't sound demonic but more like nature spirits and such.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Kittens Are Jerks on 1 July, 2020, 15:07
Exorcisms aren't exclusive to demons. They're also performed to expel other types of spiritual entities.
Comment icon #4 Posted by I'mConvinced on 1 July, 2020, 18:11
Exorcisms aren't exclusive to demons because you can wave your hands and chant verse in any given scenario and get the same result...
Comment icon #5 Posted by Hankenhunter on 1 July, 2020, 22:52
When you don't see the sun, or the color green for 6 or seven months of the year, things get strange. It's called cabin fever.
Comment icon #6 Posted by oslove on 13 July, 2020, 17:37
I can't resist entertaining the thought that spirit possession and exorcism performance can be shown like a public event, by entrepreneurs who will charge an entrance fee for folks to view: and the money collected can be divided among the entrepreneurs, the family of the possessed person, and the exorcist. I will be keen to buy a ticket to see the whole event.
Comment icon #7 Posted by HollyDolly on 24 July, 2020, 19:33
Might be a ghost. it might be the owner wants the spirit to have peace, whoever it is.Notice mention was made that the old farm house or whatever was going to be demolished by the powercompany who are building through the area. Like I said, I think the owner wanted the spirit to have peace and go to a better place, since it was going to loose its home. It doesn't say anything about the minister chasing out the elves.

Arecibo observatory has now totally collapsed
12-2-2020
The iconic telescope, which had shut recently after sustaining earthquake damage, has now collapsed.
60ft moving Gundam robot unveiled in Japan
12-1-2020
Japan's Gundam Factory Yokohama complex has revealed its fully functional, life-size robot to the media.
Another monolith has turned up in Romania
12-1-2020
The mystery of the '2001' monoliths has deepened after another one has appeared half way across the world.
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit
11-30-2020
The spoon bending Israeli had previously sued Nintendo for their use of a Pokemon that was inspired by him.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball