Sunday, December 8, 2019

Woman gets a snake stuck inside her earlobe

Posted on Thursday, 2 February, 2017 | Comment icon 22 comments

Glawe took a selfie of her painful predicament. Image Credit: Facebook / Ashley Glawe
Ashley Glawe ended up in the emergency room after her pet snake got stuck in a rather peculiar place.
Glawe, who is from Oregon, claims that she had been playing with her pet ball python 'Bart' when the adventurous reptile slithered up to her ear and poked his head through her stretched earlobe.

The snake quickly managed to get itself hopelessly stuck with Glawe unable to free him.

"It all happened so fast that before I even knew what was going on it was already too late," she said.

Photographs taken in the emergency room of her bizarre predicament soon went viral on social media and have since been viewed tens of thousands of times.

Fortunately though, with the help of a small incision, some Vaseline and a bit of perseverance, doctors were eventually able to free the snake from her ear.

Source: Fox News | Comments (22)

Tags: Snake, Ear

Comment icon #13 Posted by switchopens on 2 February, 2017, 18:00
Myself being a patron of the alternative scene and with multiple piercings myself, I'm still perplexed as to the fascination with earlobe stretching which I feel is an all around bad idea, this now being another reason: Because animals can get caught in them.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Claire. on 2 February, 2017, 18:23
Very interesting (and somewhat scary) article Merc, Thanks. I had no idea Burmese pythons had established such a large breeding population in Florida. Their estimated numbers are mind-blowing and I'm not at all comfortable knowing these snakes are making (and breeding) their way up north.
Comment icon #15 Posted by seaturtlehorsesnake on 2 February, 2017, 18:25
this x1000. and just speaking in general, a pet should never be a novelty. a pet is a living, feeling animal that deserves understanding and respect. far too many people cause far too much harm because of ignorance.
Comment icon #16 Posted by pallidin on 2 February, 2017, 20:46
Well, uh, sorry, a snake does not have "feelings" in an emotional sense, pet or not. Their expression of comfort is nothing more than a perception of "non-threat" Nothing at all to do with emotional feelings, an aspect of the brain only occurring in higher-order species.
Comment icon #17 Posted by AstralHorus on 2 February, 2017, 23:23
When being edgy goes too far.
Comment icon #18 Posted by seaturtlehorsesnake on 2 February, 2017, 23:33
that's not what i was talking about, but maybe that's my fault for word choice. my point was, to put it simply: don't treat living things like toys.
Comment icon #19 Posted by kobolds on 3 February, 2017, 4:41
she is lucky that the snake is not decide to go through earl canal
Comment icon #20 Posted by equus hemionus on 3 February, 2017, 5:12
In response to posts #12 and #13 I keep hearing "keep Portland weird".
Comment icon #21 Posted by MJNYC on 3 February, 2017, 18:45
Are you speaking about reptiles (I have never lived with one, so not sure about their "feelings")  or all animals, not human?
Comment icon #22 Posted by Hawkin on 9 February, 2017, 6:09

Plants 'scream' when stressed out, study finds
12-8-2019
Scientists have discovered that plants emit ultrasonic 'squeals' when stressed due to drought or damage.
Pentagon in U-turn over secretive UFO program
12-8-2019
The US government has completely changed its story over the purpose of its now-cancelled UFO program.
Large pyramid-shaped asteroid to fly past Earth
12-7-2019
A large space rock the approximate size and shape of the Great Pyramid of Giza is set for a close encounter.
Woman survives after heart stops for six hours
12-7-2019
The 34-year-old hiker succumbed to hypothermia after getting caught in a snowstorm in the Pyrenees.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia