Friday, December 13, 2019

Mystery surrounds black 'smoke vortex' UFOs

Posted on Friday, 14 July, 2017 | Comment icon 13 comments

What are these objects ? Image Credit: YouTube / SWNS TV / Georgina Heap
A peculiar aerial phenomenon has been sighted in countries all across the world in recent years.
Dubbed 'smoke vortexes', these anomalous black rings have been sighted by hundreds of people everywhere from the remote wilderness of Siberia to the side of England's busy M62 motorway.

In the case of the latter, which was reported just a few days ago, the mysterious phenomenon was spotted by so many people that it ended up being covered by international news agencies.

One witness, Kimberley Robinson, described it as "the weirdest thing I have ever seen".

"Me and my boyfriend were driving today and noticed a black flying ring in the sky," she said. "It looked a bit smoky but the shape was a solid ring. We hadn't ever seen anything like this before so we have looked into it and no one knows what it is."

A similar sighting was also reported in Missouri a few days earlier and there have also been sightings over Kazakhstan, Leamington Spa and Florida over the last four years.
So what exactly are these peculiar black smoke rings ?

Far from being evidence of extraterrestrial visitors, it seems that this particular phenomenon may actually have a far more down-to-earth explanation.

"A so-called smoke vortex can arise when you have a blast through a circular structure like a smokestack," said former MoD UFO investigator Nick Pope.

"So these weird effects can be caused by accident - or indeed by design."

"On this latter point, they can be created as a sort of pyrotechnic effect and it would be interesting to know if there were any outdoor festivals being held in the area concerned."

Source: News.com.au | Comments (13)

Tags: UFO, Smoke, Ring

Comment icon #4 Posted by Myles on 14 July, 2017, 13:41
So now it is an IFO?
Comment icon #5 Posted by South Alabam on 14 July, 2017, 14:52
When I was younger I would take black powder, pour it in a circle, and light it off. A one foot circle will make a 15 foot wide smoke ring before it starts to break up. Cool effect. And possibly some sightings could be faked this way.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Calibeliever on 14 July, 2017, 17:15
^ Yes. Google "transformer blows up" and a youtube video is the first match (on mine). I saw a transformer blow once during a lightning storm. Scared the bejeezus outa me but sadly, no smoke ring formed that time. Too windy I guess.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Sundew on 14 July, 2017, 21:17
When I was just a kid and knew little about such things, I picked up a paperback called "Stranger than Science" and there was a chapter on UFOs. One particularly interesting one was this perfectly circular ring of black which filled in completely will puffy white clouds over a series of six photographs. It sure made it look like some kind of cloaking device from another world, and what better way to hide in the sky than to look like a cloud? For years I thought this was the best footage of a UFO ever, until I learned it was a giant smoke ring, nothing more. It was strange that the one in the b... [More]
Comment icon #8 Posted by Klownzilla on 15 July, 2017, 0:18
Ah man, and all this time I was sure it was cigar smoking giants causing those rings. I mean, isn't that the most logic explanation? :-D
Comment icon #9 Posted by White Unicorn on 15 July, 2017, 13:08
You know what, I would like to see more articles on IFOs! I guess they wouldn't get as many hits but they are very interesting  and more people could look into the sky and not cry UFO all the time.
Comment icon #10 Posted by seanjo on 15 July, 2017, 14:33
Bingo!
Comment icon #11 Posted by brizink on 15 July, 2017, 16:29
Its just a smoke ring, where's the Mistery. Could be any number of things, all of them involving explosives. Could be cannon, mortar, a grill and a stupid operator. Rednecks starting bonfires with lots of mixed gasoline. Could be a blown transformer, or even a capacitor in a giant rooftop AC system. The options are limitless
Comment icon #12 Posted by Myles on 17 July, 2017, 12:01
I would like that too.
Comment icon #13 Posted by flabbins on 19 July, 2017, 14:37
Insects????

Giant telescope to join the search for alien life
12-13-2019
The world's largest filled-aperture radio telescope is about to start operating after several years of testing.
Deepest point on continental Earth discovered
12-13-2019
Scientists have identified an enormous land-based canyon that descends 11,500ft beneath sea level.
Cave painting depicts world's oldest cryptid
12-13-2019
A cave painting dating back 44,000 years shows the earliest known depiction of a supernatural creature.
Pigeons spotted wearing tiny cowboy hats
12-12-2019
Efforts are underway to track down who is responsible for affixing small hats to the heads of pigeons in Las Vegas.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia