Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Man spooks family with haunted doll collection

Posted on Friday, 14 July, 2017 | Comment icon 26 comments

Many of the dolls are said to be possessed by spirits. Image Credit: sxc.hu
63-year-old Barry Collingswood has a collection that is bound to give just about anyone the creeps.
A full-time carer for his wife who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis, Barry's obsession with collecting china dolls began last November when one of them caught his eye in a local charity shop.

He now has a room filled with 30 creepy old dolls and maintains that most of them are haunted.

"I wasn't the sort of person to buy dolls and I never had done before but I went into an old shop and thought: 'Oh, that's a very nice old doll' only to be offered two more for free," he said.

Unsurprisingly however, his young son Josh finds the whole thing a little disturbing and is looking forward to moving out to live with one of his friends in the near future.

"It will be nice to be in a house where there aren't haunted dolls watching me," he said. "During the daytime the dolls aren't so bad but at night the mood in the house turns completely."

"I don't think all of them are haunted but I do get quite creepy feelings from them and I sometimes feel as though they're watching me when I'm home alone."

Source: Story Trender | Comments (26)

Tags: Haunted, Dolls, Ghosts

Comment icon #17 Posted by Black Monk on 16 July, 2017, 11:16
There's no way I'd have so many haunted dolls in my home. One would be bad enough.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Matt221 on 16 July, 2017, 16:38
Freaky porcelain headed dolls thempierrot dolls and bloody clowns I wouldn't entertain even one crossing my threshold the're pure evil
Comment icon #19 Posted by Kurzweil on 18 July, 2017, 6:12
Growing up i had a bozo the clown puppet. It was awesome to do childish act shows for family and friends...and then i saw poltergeist. That clown took on a new image after that and completely ruined my sleeping schedule. But I'm all better now..
Comment icon #20 Posted by Farmer77 on 18 July, 2017, 6:41
For some reason that conjured up images of you doing some kind of spell as you ritualistically burned the puppet in question
Comment icon #21 Posted by AustinHinton on 24 July, 2017, 23:29
Not any more unusual than grown men who collect pastel-colored toy ponies.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Astra. on 24 July, 2017, 23:36
Aww....do you do that as a hobby Austin?
Comment icon #23 Posted by AustinHinton on 25 July, 2017, 2:09
No, ain't no bronie! I collect toy robots.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Astra. on 25 July, 2017, 3:14
Lol...oh ok...robots are kinda cool. I've sort ofconjured this image up in my head.... Speaking of collections,I like to collect shells off the beach...and also these little guys. Seriously, I can't resist them...
Comment icon #25 Posted by Jade7 on 25 July, 2017, 11:21
This reminds me have you ever looked at the ebay listings for haunted dolls? I do it sometimes because I find it interesting. Most of them are most likely fake but some of them have such eerie deions ( demonic etc) I wonder why anyone would want to chance buying them.
Comment icon #26 Posted by AustinHinton on 26 July, 2017, 1:15
For the novelty of having a haunted object, of course.

Did a mystic predict Putin's rise to power ?
During a meeting in 1979, blind mystic Baba Vanga allegedly predicted that Putin would 'rule the world'.
New study hints at 'Oumuamua's origins
Researchers believe that it is very likely that the interstellar asteroid came from a binary star system.
Ghostly figure filmed aboard the HMS Victory
Tony Ferguson had been visiting the historic vessel in Portsmouth when he caught something strange on film.
Giant yellow inflatable duck goes missing
A swimming club in Australia has appealed for ships to keep a look out for its recently escaped mascot.
Monkeys learn to socialize
Posted 3-18-2018 | 0 comments
These young vervet monkeys must learn to socialize before being released in to the wild.
Why don't birds get frostbite ?
Posted 3-16-2018 | 0 comments
How do birds stop their legs from getting frostbitten during freezing temperatures ?
Most straws in a beard
Posted 3-15-2018 | 2 comments
Kyle Kozemchick stuck 215 straws in to his beard for this bizarre world record attempt.
Michio Kaku on asteroid mining
Posted 3-13-2018 | 1 comment
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku discusses the possibility of mining asteroids in space.
Fastest people in slow motion
Posted 3-12-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the world's fastest card thrower and an amazing fast draw world champion.
Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada
Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA
I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington
Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA