Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Man spooks family with haunted doll collection

Posted on Friday, 14 July, 2017 | Comment icon 26 comments

Many of the dolls are said to be possessed by spirits. Image Credit: sxc.hu
63-year-old Barry Collingswood has a collection that is bound to give just about anyone the creeps.
A full-time carer for his wife who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis, Barry's obsession with collecting china dolls began last November when one of them caught his eye in a local charity shop.

He now has a room filled with 30 creepy old dolls and maintains that most of them are haunted.

"I wasn't the sort of person to buy dolls and I never had done before but I went into an old shop and thought: 'Oh, that's a very nice old doll' only to be offered two more for free," he said.

Unsurprisingly however, his young son Josh finds the whole thing a little disturbing and is looking forward to moving out to live with one of his friends in the near future.

"It will be nice to be in a house where there aren't haunted dolls watching me," he said. "During the daytime the dolls aren't so bad but at night the mood in the house turns completely."

"I don't think all of them are haunted but I do get quite creepy feelings from them and I sometimes feel as though they're watching me when I'm home alone."

Source: Story Trender | Comments (26)

Tags: Haunted, Dolls, Ghosts

Comment icon #17 Posted by Black Monk on 16 July, 2017, 11:16
There's no way I'd have so many haunted dolls in my home. One would be bad enough.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Matt221 on 16 July, 2017, 16:38
Freaky porcelain headed dolls thempierrot dolls and bloody clowns I wouldn't entertain even one crossing my threshold the're pure evil
Comment icon #19 Posted by Kurzweil on 18 July, 2017, 6:12
Growing up i had a bozo the clown puppet. It was awesome to do childish act shows for family and friends...and then i saw poltergeist. That clown took on a new image after that and completely ruined my sleeping schedule. But I'm all better now..
Comment icon #20 Posted by Farmer77 on 18 July, 2017, 6:41
For some reason that conjured up images of you doing some kind of spell as you ritualistically burned the puppet in question
Comment icon #21 Posted by AustinHinton on 24 July, 2017, 23:29
Not any more unusual than grown men who collect pastel-colored toy ponies.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Astra. on 24 July, 2017, 23:36
Aww....do you do that as a hobby Austin?
Comment icon #23 Posted by AustinHinton on 25 July, 2017, 2:09
No, ain't no bronie! I collect toy robots.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Astra. on 25 July, 2017, 3:14
Lol...oh ok...robots are kinda cool. I've sort ofconjured this image up in my head.... Speaking of collections,I like to collect shells off the beach...and also these little guys. Seriously, I can't resist them...
Comment icon #25 Posted by Jade7 on 25 July, 2017, 11:21
This reminds me have you ever looked at the ebay listings for haunted dolls? I do it sometimes because I find it interesting. Most of them are most likely fake but some of them have such eerie deions ( demonic etc) I wonder why anyone would want to chance buying them.
Comment icon #26 Posted by AustinHinton on 26 July, 2017, 1:15
For the novelty of having a haunted object, of course.

$17B 'holy grail of shipwrecks' discovered
5-22-2018
The long-lost 300-year-old Spanish galleon was found with the help of an autonomous underwater vehicle.
Man 'being followed by a pig' calls the police
5-22-2018
Police in Ohio were shocked to discover that a call about a pig following a man home was actually genuine.
It's official - Hitler really did die in 1945
5-21-2018
A recent analysis of Hitler's teeth has confirmed once and for all that he did not fake his own death.
Interstellar interloper found near Jupiter
5-21-2018
An asteroid believed to be from another solar system has been found orbiting the Sun in the wrong direction.
Can an artificial intelligence really think ?
Posted 5-22-2018 | 7 comments
AI computer systems may be intelligent, but can they ever be truly self-aware ?

Where are all the B batteries ?
Posted 5-20-2018 | 2 comments
Batteries such as AA and AAA are common, but where are all the other letters ?

Meerkats caught in a dust storm
Posted 5-15-2018 | 1 comment
This group of meerkats in the Kalahari desert must split up to hide and survive the storm.

10 times Michio Kaku blew our minds
Posted 5-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at some of theoretical physicist Michio Kaku's most mind-bending arguments.

Density ball
Posted 5-9-2018 | 0 comments
Michael takes a look at a ball with some rather unusual properties.

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA