Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Modern Mysteries > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Modern Mysteries

Mystery woman 'wails through letterboxes'

July 23, 2017 | Comment icon 32 comments

Who is the mystery woman ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
Several households in England have been plagued by a woman crying through their letterboxes at night.
Residents of the town of Kirkby have become afraid to stay in their own homes after experiencing a fierce banging on their doors and a woman shouting and wailing in the middle of the night.

The identity of the mysterious visitor, who reportedly calls out that she has nowhere to go and asks to be let in, is now been investigated by the local police force.

"Someone was knocking at my door but I ignored it. I woke up and my back gate was open," said one local resident. "The old lady living over the road said the same thing happened but a lady was crying at hers saying she had no money."
"Luckily the lady told her there was a police station over the road and she went. It's awful. Knowing that this lady came to mine is scary. I feel like she's going to come back and knowing she went through my back gate is even worse."

In some cases the woman was reported to have banged on the door for more than an hour.

"Around 2am on Friday morning we heard banging on our door but I was too scared to go down," said another resident. "I stopped my boyfriend going down because I was shaking. You just don't expect it."

Source: Independent | Comments (32)

Comment icon #23 Posted by glorybebe 5 years ago
The last time someone was knocking like crazy, me and my daughter had slept in.  I was changing out of my pjs while my daughter was trying to see who it was.  They went from front door to patio door to back door.  I had always told my daughter that we didn't have to open our door to anyone...finally I hear her tell to me it was a police man looking in the window at her!  Lol.  Poor guy was looking for a woman and it was an emergency.  We live on a Street, but I know there is the same address on an avenue.  Once I explained to him we don't open the door since there are some sketchy neighbours, ... [More]
Comment icon #24 Posted by Michelle 5 years ago
More than anyone else, the police understand that!
Comment icon #25 Posted by Krater 5 years ago
"Cocaine is a helluva drug."
Comment icon #26 Posted by Chaldon 5 years ago
It surely does. But if it's real I bet it's something non-paranormal. Just some drunk hobo woman wanting something incomprehensible, or just a wind blowing from a rare direction.
Comment icon #27 Posted by The Russian Hare 5 years ago
Security cameras are cheap these days, set up camera with motion detector, catch the Midnight Screamer
Comment icon #28 Posted by Astra. 5 years ago
Well, I don't really believe in the paranormal. Even tho, I don't mind watching the odd scary movie.. I agree that it was probably just an eccentric and possibly drunk old bag lady that lives on the streets. Hopefully, there will be a follow up to the story.
Comment icon #29 Posted by badeskov 5 years ago
I didn't get that one either. Cheers, Badeskov
Comment icon #30 Posted by kartikg 5 years ago
the only help she might accept is monetary help
Comment icon #31 Posted by Podo 5 years ago
Seems like you should just call the police. If someone showed up and I didn't want to see them, they have about five minutes to leave before I call the police to come remove them.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Wii_Jai_Aki 5 years ago
Same thing happened in Leicester, when a guy answered his door to help the woman 2 men pushed him inside and robbed him.

Total Posts: 7,313,888    Topics: 300,923    Members: 198,008