Thursday, September 20, 2018

'Alien' actor claims he has encountered aliens

Posted on Tuesday, 1 August, 2017 | Comment icon 80 comments

'Alien' is widely regarded as a horror classic. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Colin / Wiki
Yaphet Kotto, who starred in Ridley Scott's 1979 movie 'Alien', has had close encounters of his own.
The 77-year-old, who is well known for his role as Chief Engineer Parker in the science fiction horror classic, stated during a recent interview that he has been visited by aliens since he was a child.

"I've only told my wife, my rabbi, and a psychologist," he told Noel Ransome from Vice magazine. "This is the first time I'm talking about it."

According to Kotto, his experiences began when, at the age of six, he encountered an 'entity' at his home that was "at least five or six feet tall with an elongated head."

He would go on to experience all manner of anomalous phenomena throughout his life including a sighting of "a UFO as big as the Yankee Stadium turned upside down."

He also believes that some of his UFO encounters were triggered by meditation sessions.

"I really don't care whether anyone thinks I'm delusional," he said.

Source: Straight.com | Comments (80)

Tags: Alien, Yaphet Kotto

Comment icon #71 Posted by AlienzTruth on 22 August, 2017, 14:55
Then we have different opinions on what being skeptical with an open mind is. Just as believing in everything without looking into things, researching and understanding whatever it is, is stupid. So is not believing anything because your brain cannot comprehend it. Anything and everything is possible, but it doesn't mean everything is. It does take courage to speak in public about what he spoke about, no one speaks about it in public because it does not give positive attention, it gives negative attention and can ruin ones career. That's the only reason why I believe in what he said.
Comment icon #72 Posted by stereologist on 22 August, 2017, 16:05
We are talking the meaning of words, not opinion. I believe you are confusing skeptic and scoffer. Many people say skeptic when the correct word is scoffer. A scoffer does not believe without examining the issue. The gullible believe without examining the issue. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/scoffer You might like this video
Comment icon #73 Posted by badeskov on 22 August, 2017, 19:34
Really?!  You mean that he is really brave to exhibit his gullibility? Uhm, ok.  You know this exactly how? Please do elaborate. Cheers, Badeskov
Comment icon #74 Posted by Merc14 on 23 August, 2017, 3:06
I can't wait to hear this either!!
Comment icon #75 Posted by internetperson on 23 August, 2017, 13:44
Exactly. Nobody can possibly become an expert on every topic in the world so everyone is ignorant of a lot. However (not) everyone has common sense which can deduce fact from fiction. If you can't, you then decide if the topic is important enough to investigate. And this is another point I bring up about aliens; what's more of a threat to you, aliens or viruses? My point is there are far more threatening things in this world to you than aliens.  Honestly he's right about the cloaking technology but it's only for the Klingon Bird of Prey.
Comment icon #76 Posted by LightAngel on 2 September, 2017, 4:29
It's always good to have an open mind, but it's also good to question everything at the same time.
Comment icon #77 Posted by I'mConvinced on 2 September, 2017, 9:59
In summary: I make money from UFO's. Go and buy my product and we'll talk. Well I'm convinced.
Comment icon #78 Posted by Occams Razor on 5 October, 2017, 0:08
I wouldn't take this too seriously, this is the same Yaphet Kotto that claimed he was a decendant of England's Queen Victoria... LOL.
Comment icon #79 Posted by Selectrick on 17 October, 2017, 3:43
What year did you post this? Haven't you heard of the Phoenix lights? That were not just lights.
Comment icon #80 Posted by seeder on 17 October, 2017, 7:15
  Oh yes I know the Phoenix lights story very well. Again, no ufo or aliens caused them either

Why do we tend to like bees but hate wasps ?
9-19-2018
A new study has revealed that most people seem to appreciate bees but find wasps annoying and dangerous.
HMS Endeavour may have been found in the US
9-19-2018
The final resting place of one of the world's most famous ships has reportedly been found after 240 years.
Group offers $11,700 for proof of superpowers
9-18-2018
The Society for the Scientific Investigation of Para-Sciences is looking for proof that psychic abilities exist.
UK tsunami risk is much higher than thought
9-18-2018
New research has revealed that the last tsunami to hit the UK was a lot more recent than anyone had realized.
Treadmill fall in slow motion
Posted 9-17-2018 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys return with another bizarre slow-motion experiment.

Tricking your ears
Posted 9-9-2018 | 0 comments
A look at some intriguing audio illusions and at how the brain interprets sound.

The science of music
Posted 9-5-2018 | 0 comments
A look at why our brains become so hooked on particularly catchy songs.

Swimming with lemon sharks
Posted 8-28-2018 | 1 comment
Steve Backshall gets up close to a group of deadly lemon sharks.

Cousins explained
Posted 8-24-2018 | 4 comments
Exactly what is a third cousin twice removed ? Michael unravels the mystery.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas