Monday, June 27, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Netherlands man uses car to steal lamp posts

August 3, 2017 | Comment icon 11 comments

A car is perhaps not the most appropriate transportation for lamp posts. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Police arrested the man after he was caught using his car to make off with two full-sized lamp posts.
The bizarre scheme was reported on the Facebook page of a Dutch police department two days ago.

The unnamed driver had not only stolen the lamp posts, but had tied them to the roof of his car and had been driving through the streets with them sticking out several meters in front and behind him.

He has since been charged with theft, drink-driving and failing to co-operate with the police.
"Cargo should not be transported in this way," the department wrote.

"It is expected that justice will demand the highest possible penalty for driving under the influence of alcohol, because the defendant did not cooperate with the investigation."

It remains unclear exactly where he got the lamp posts or how he got them on to the top of his car.

Source: BBC News | Comments (11)

Comment icon #2 Posted by Sir Smoke aLot 5 years ago
Give this man a medal. It surely made my day better. Reminds me of two idiots stealing Inox fence from tram stop in centre of my country's capital  Daytime. Here is video if you like to see :    So many people have become destructive for the communities and what's worse, no one even pays attention and... Someone actually taped it instead of calling police and stopping them. I can't say that i am disappointed in people because with such information exchange we have today they just make it to headlines easier and it was similar always in history. If Tito was alive no one would even thing about s... [More]
Comment icon #3 Posted by McNessy 5 years ago
For the Little Man in The Little Car
Comment icon #4 Posted by The Russian Hare 5 years ago
Metal thieves like locusts ... should be hung upside down and whipped like the piniata ...
Comment icon #5 Posted by paperdyer 5 years ago
I agree.  Someone broke into my parent's house, after they moved in with my daughter, and cut all the copper piping out of the house.  When my daughter had the house cleaned out before it was put on the market is when they found out.  Of course no one saw anything.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Sundew 5 years ago
A few have tried to steal live high voltage wire. That comes with it's own punishment.  I was just in New York and noticed how much crap was all over the streets. Found out one reason was that scrappers were stealing the metal trash cans for the mere $2.00 that they bring at the scrap yard.
Comment icon #7 Posted by The Silver Thong 5 years ago
ok
Comment icon #8 Posted by BiffSplitkins 5 years ago
A few years back I put a fairly new twin size sleeper sofa out to the road for free. I live in a pretty rural area. When I woke up the next morning I noticed the cushions were scattered on my lawn so I went out to have a look.  Scrappers had come in the middle of the night and disassembled the metal spring framework from the wooden frame, took all the metal and left the rest in my yard. Man was I ticked off.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Farmer77 5 years ago
Crap for all that effort youd think folks would just get a job
Comment icon #10 Posted by eugeneonegin 5 years ago
Our local Tesco's had to put security tags on the handbaskets because Gypsys were stealing them for scrap! You'd think it was hardly worthwhile.
Comment icon #11 Posted by BiffSplitkins 5 years ago
Why would you steal them from Tesco's when Aldi's sells grocery carts for only 25¢?

Total Posts: 7,285,088    Topics: 299,711    Members: 197,523