Monday, November 18, 2019

What would you do in a zombie apocalypse ?

Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2017 | Comment icon 70 comments

If a zombie apocalypse actually happened, what would you do ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 sookie
A new poll in the UK has revealed that some people may already be preparing for such an eventuality.
The destruction of mankind at the hands of a contagious zombie virus is a scenario that has played out time and again in movies, books and TV shows, but what if it were to actually happen for real ?

In a new YouGov poll, members of the public were asked if they had a plan for dealing with such a situation and if so, what would it be ?

Interestingly, more than one in nine respondents actually did have a plan, although many of those would simply involve laying low somewhere in the hope that the whole thing would blow over.
For many people, the biggest priorities would be to gather food, water and medicine and to get out of the cities in favor of finding shelter somewhere out in the countryside.

Acquiring weapons, rescuing family members and actively killing zombies were also on the list.

Around nine percent of those with a plan even refused to divulge what it actually was.

"Clearly we shouldn't be worrying twenty four seven about a potential apocalypse but it's interesting to take a snap shot of where we are now and how we'd fare," said author Professor Lewis Dartnell.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (70)

Tags: Zombie

Comment icon #61 Posted by Hammerclaw on 5 December, 2017, 23:51
I'm the guy that comes along at the end of the movie and shoots the good guy, thinking he's a zombie.
Comment icon #62 Posted by Orphalesion on 6 December, 2017, 0:03
See I always look at the question that way: would I even want to survive for a long time into a Zombie Apocalypse? I'm not a martial person, I don't enjoy fighting. I get annoyed to no end if I can't have my daily cup of Chai Tea or am denied a hot shower for any amount of time. My aspirations and life goals depend on the continued existence of at least a certain level of a reasonably peaceful civilization and I am so afraid of warfare that I can't even watch war movies. Yes, I admit it, the only thing in this or any other world that truly scares me is the idea of living through a modern war. ... [More]
Comment icon #63 Posted by DirtyDocMartens on 6 December, 2017, 0:18
I have a farm, 107 acres and a barn with an apartment upstairs. The barn doors lock with chains and padlocks, You can see for a quarter mile in any direction, and I have a generator, tractor, and storage area for more food than I could eat in a lifetime. Bring it!
Comment icon #64 Posted by BorizBadinov on 6 December, 2017, 8:09
I believe many people would rather prepare for zombies than a nuclear holocaust, although they are quite similar in nature. Avoid contamination, have clean food and water reserves, secure protected hideaway, stockpile weapons to keep away starving creatures (survivors) that want something you have and might try to kill you for it... Zombies being fictional perhaps don't carry so much realistic fear as thinking about a disaster that is very possible in our world right now. Survival is a choice with a side of luck. Some people choose to hope it won't happen and like you stated perhaps hope they ... [More]
Comment icon #65 Posted by jmccr8 on 6 December, 2017, 16:12
I've always wondered why do people always run up the stairs to the rooftop? And how does a slow lumbering zombie seem to keep up with someone running full out? These are the reasons that I don't watch zombie movies, too much work to suspend disbelief. Not even entertaining. jmccr8
Comment icon #66 Posted by third_eye on 6 December, 2017, 16:37
I'll just go get myself another beer ... did anybody mention getting another beer ? Okay then ... go get another beer ... ~
Comment icon #67 Posted by mysticwerewolf on 31 December, 2017, 8:27
my problem would be I would be to civilized for to long after it Started in the hopes that someone would find a cure. and someone or something would be chowing down on me long before my hopes of a cure came true, if they ever did. Once upon a time I could have gone there and cleared a couple ( ten or twelve or twenty) square blocks for myself but I am not as militant as I once was.
Comment icon #68 Posted by anthonyg96 on 6 January, 2018, 23:35
I would build a underground bunker
Comment icon #69 Posted by Daughter of the Nine Moons on 27 January, 2018, 0:30
Make friends with people who run slower than me
Comment icon #70 Posted by yeplid on 1 March, 2018, 10:17
I would definitely do it like how they do it in The Walking Dead. That's what the show is created for! Lol.

Egypt hints at 'mummified lion' discovery
11-17-2019
Archaeologists in Egypt have discovered the mummy of a very large animal, most likely a lion or lioness.
Unsettling baby cam image creeps out parents
11-17-2019
When a couple recently acquired a baby monitor, the image it produced wasn't quite what they were expecting.
Officers were ordered to erase UFO evidence
11-17-2019
Former USS Nimitz officers claim that 'unknown individuals' ordered them to hand over all the recordings.
'Bigfoot screams' video continues to intrigue
11-16-2019
A recording of terrifying howling sounds coming from the woods of rural Canada still lacks a definitive explanation.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia