Tuesday, February 20, 2018

What would you do in a zombie apocalypse ?

Posted on Sunday, 17 September, 2017 | Comment icon 69 comments

If a zombie apocalypse actually happened, what would you do ? Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 sookie
A new poll in the UK has revealed that some people may already be preparing for such an eventuality.
The destruction of mankind at the hands of a contagious zombie virus is a scenario that has played out time and again in movies, books and TV shows, but what if it were to actually happen for real ?

In a new YouGov poll, members of the public were asked if they had a plan for dealing with such a situation and if so, what would it be ?

Interestingly, more than one in nine respondents actually did have a plan, although many of those would simply involve laying low somewhere in the hope that the whole thing would blow over.

For many people, the biggest priorities would be to gather food, water and medicine and to get out of the cities in favor of finding shelter somewhere out in the countryside.

Acquiring weapons, rescuing family members and actively killing zombies were also on the list.

Around nine percent of those with a plan even refused to divulge what it actually was.

"Clearly we shouldn't be worrying twenty four seven about a potential apocalypse but it's interesting to take a snap shot of where we are now and how we'd fare," said author Professor Lewis Dartnell.

Source: Telegraph | Comments (69)

Tags: Zombie

Comment icon #60 Posted by Piney on 5 December, 2017, 23:26
What do you think..........
Comment icon #61 Posted by Hammerclaw on 5 December, 2017, 23:51
I'm the guy that comes along at the end of the movie and shoots the good guy, thinking he's a zombie.
Comment icon #62 Posted by Orphalesion on 6 December, 2017, 0:03
See I always look at the question that way: would I even want to survive for a long time into a Zombie Apocalypse? I'm not a martial person, I don't enjoy fighting. I get annoyed to no end if I can't have my daily cup of Chai Tea or am denied a hot shower for any amount of time. My aspirations and life goals depend on the continued existence of at least a certain level of a reasonably peaceful civilization and I am so afraid of warfare that I can't even watch war movies. Yes, I admit it, the only thing in this or any other world that truly scares me is the idea of living through a modern war. ... [More]
Comment icon #63 Posted by DirtyDocMartens on 6 December, 2017, 0:18
I have a farm, 107 acres and a barn with an apartment upstairs. The barn doors lock with chains and padlocks, You can see for a quarter mile in any direction, and I have a generator, tractor, and storage area for more food than I could eat in a lifetime. Bring it!
Comment icon #64 Posted by BorizBadinov on 6 December, 2017, 8:09
I believe many people would rather prepare for zombies than a nuclear holocaust, although they are quite similar in nature. Avoid contamination, have clean food and water reserves, secure protected hideaway, stockpile weapons to keep away starving creatures (survivors) that want something you have and might try to kill you for it... Zombies being fictional perhaps don't carry so much realistic fear as thinking about a disaster that is very possible in our world right now. Survival is a choice with a side of luck. Some people choose to hope it won't happen and like you stated perhaps hope they ... [More]
Comment icon #65 Posted by jmccr8 on 6 December, 2017, 16:12
I've always wondered why do people always run up the stairs to the rooftop? And how does a slow lumbering zombie seem to keep up with someone running full out? These are the reasons that I don't watch zombie movies, too much work to suspend disbelief. Not even entertaining. jmccr8
Comment icon #66 Posted by third_eye on 6 December, 2017, 16:37
I'll just go get myself another beer ... did anybody mention getting another beer ? Okay then ... go get another beer ... ~
Comment icon #67 Posted by mysticwerewolf on 31 December, 2017, 8:27
my problem would be I would be to civilized for to long after it Started in the hopes that someone would find a cure. and someone or something would be chowing down on me long before my hopes of a cure came true, if they ever did. Once upon a time I could have gone there and cleared a couple ( ten or twelve or twenty) square blocks for myself but I am not as militant as I once was.
Comment icon #68 Posted by anthonyg96 on 6 January, 2018, 23:35
I would build a underground bunker
Comment icon #69 Posted by Daughter of the Nine Moons on 27 January, 2018, 0:30
Make friends with people who run slower than me

Jupiter's Great Red Spot could soon disappear
2-20-2018
Scientists have indicated that the famous storm could blow itself away within the next 10 to 20 years.
Land plants arrived much earlier than thought
2-20-2018
It is believed that plants first arose on land 100 million years earlier than previous studies had suggested.
Message in a bottle mystery sparks new hunt
2-19-2018
The son of a man who found a message in a bottle 60 years ago is now searching for the author's relatives.
Mystery of deadly Roman 'Gate to Hell' solved
2-19-2018
Scientists have determined what made the notorious Roman cave so deadly to those who ventured inside.
The real story of Galileo
Posted 2-20-2018 | 0 comments
Exactly why was legendary astronomer Galileo Galilei convicted of heresy ?

Big Bang vs Big Bounce
Posted 2-16-2018 | 0 comments
Was there another universe here before our own universe came in to existence ?

The Leaning Tower of Lire
Posted 2-12-2018 | 0 comments
Vsauce returns with a thought-provoking video about the problem of stacking blocks.

How did the dinosaurs die ?
Posted 2-8-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the devastating events that preceded the extinction of the dinosaurs.

World's longest bicycle
Posted 2-5-2018 | 2 comments
This ridiculous bicycle measures 41.42 meters in length and took nine months to put together.

Black hole in Bismarck
2-14-2018 | Mandan

Trapped and chased
2-9-2018 | Saskatchewan canada

Someone calling my name
2-9-2018 | Budd Lake NJ

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana